Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 11 - Earth Shaper

Shadow Stalkers (c) me (Amy)
Angelus Wolfen (c) angelshadow of FA

Chapter 11 - Earth Shaper

Chapter 11 - Earth Shaper
A small spattering of blood stained tha fallen leaves. Murffit tentavely reached out to touch it, his body going rigid once more as a struggle of limbs, spears and curling shadows flitted violently through his mind, the sound of the scene muffled. The struggle stopped as suddenly as it started, a tall pale figure dragging the beaten body of a Doberman away, across the forest floor, trailing drops of blood as a mass of more pale figures followed. A sharp gasp and Murffit came to from the vision.
''He's still alive, but badly hurt.'' The Woodpecker said, gasping for air.
A sigh of relief escaped past Shadow's lips.
''Now all we have to do is find him and get out of here.''
They crept towards the makeshift base, Shadow's nostrils flaring and tongue flicking as she tested the air, untangling Chester's scent from the others, following it through the empty base as it grew stronger. There was no security of any sort and there were no sign of any remaing Laumii.
''I got a bad feeling about this. Where're the guards and injured Laumii?'' Murffit whispered uneasily as he followed the Dragon between a tight cluster of huts.
''The inhured are more than likely dead. The T'raykes aren't ones for leaving survivors.''
''And the guards?''
''With the army. There's only a handful of T'raykes left and a handful of us planetside, so I'd say they're feeling pretty damned confident.''
''Thick headed is what I'd say.'' Murffit grunted and Shadow grinned.
They came across a narrow crossroads and carried on staright after a moment of listening for signs of life. Shadow looked over her shoulder when she realise that Murffit had lagged behind. He had his hand on a wooden support pole of a hut. Another vision.
''The next hut to the right.'' He said, panting heavily.


Chester growled softly as he saw two figures enter the room. He heard his name said, the female voice familiar to him.
''There's still people here.'' He said weakly, the restraints the only thing holding him upright.
He looked up, his sight clearing somewhat and saw a Woodpecker in two-tone grey and black uniform accompanied by a blue, battle scarred female Dragon. A small smile touched his lips when he saw her walk towards him, her black talons turning an un-shining silver.
''You better hurry up. There's someone comming.'' Murffit said from the doorway.
''Better late than never.'' Shadow grunted as she tore through the Vampire's restraints.
Chester chuckled and leaned un-willingly on Shadow.
''Save one for me.'' He said hoarsely as three armed Laumii marched into the room.
Murffit quickly stepped back as one of them swung for him, the Woodpecker smashing the Humanoid's jaw with the butt of his gun, proceeding to shoot him, a spray of crimson hitting the wall behind, sliding down it. Chester growled hungrily and threw himself at the closest Laumii, the Humanoid freezing mid-attack, hitting the floor heavily as the Doberman sank his fangs into his neck, tearing through the pale flesh and drinking his blood hungrily. The last Laumii tried to escape, but Murffit was blocking the only way out. The soldier spun around on his heel and looked at Shadow then to chester as he rose, wounds quickly healing. The Laumii charged, sword raised. Shadow lashed out, slicing his head in two with ease, an twin blade stabbing through the fine scales of her left forearm, the Laumii's own blade sliding from his grip as he stumbled forward, a pool of blood forming beneath what was left of his head.


Angel banked sharply out of the way, gracefully weaving between the heavy laser fire as the massive rocky arm flalied, trying to knock him from the sky. He drew his sword and swopped down into the mass of heaving bodies below, cutting down the Laumii with ease, blood fountaining into the air for a few briefe moments, spattering and staining his pale fur and wings. He pulled up and joined the back of a formation of fighters as they came in low, opening fire on the enemy below. The fighters then broke formation and dissapeared back into the clouds again as the Earth Shaper pulled it's full form out of the earth, leaving a massive, crater-like deprssion behind in the ground. Never before had anyone seen the full form of an Earth Shaper. It was the size of the Hive, vines and roots gripped and hung from it's rocky body. There seemed to be only one facial feature; A mouth like a cavern.

The Earth Shaper took a lumbering step forward, the fighting T'raykes and Laumii on the ground parting like water as it's foot crashed down, shaking everything like an earthquake. Angel circled it, searching for any signs of weakness, but finding none as the creature continued its onslaught, crushing anything and everything that got in it's way as it slowly lumbered back towards the Hive. Everything that was thrown at the Troll had little to no effect on it, so the winged Wolf wheeled back to try and find the magician controlling it, hoping he could before the monster made it to the largely defenseless Hive.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment