Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 12 - Final Strike

Shadow Stalkers (c) me (Amy)
Angelus Wolfen (c) angelshadow of FA

Chapter 12 - Final Strike

Chapter 12 - Final Strike
Angel swooped down low, white, jagged streaks of lightning slamming into the ground below sending Laumii in all directions, but the Earth Shaper failed to cease it's attack. The magician was well well hidden, which frustrated him immensely. Then the familiar sound of small engines appeared low over head, hidden by the cloud cover. Three ships, he guessed. The ships faded again and a familiar roar echoed down. He wheeled sharply back towards the Earth Shaper as a dark blue figure in the same black and green uniform as his own dropped from the clouds above the Troll, seemingly intent on the throng of fighting bodies that moved at it's feet.
*The magician stays close to the Troll.* Shadow's voice echoed in the back of Angel's mind.
He swore angrily and sped up.
Why didn't I think of that before? He thought angrily to himself. He didn't know, and he couldn't dwell on it, not when there was a war going on around him. He watched as Shadow disappeared into the heaving mass of T'raykes and Laumii.

*Keep him busy for us.* She said, her voice calm and level as the Earth Shaper took a swipe at the grounded warriors, bodies flying awkwardly through the air, limbs flailing wildly and blood spraying. A massive rocky arm swung at Angel and a frustrated roar drowned out all other noise as the winged Wolf tucked his wings in and dived gracefully beneath it before proceeding to circle the monster, lightning stabbing out from his palms and slamming into it's rocky body, doing little more than chip away small pebbles. Occassionally he'd see Shadow tearing mercilessly through the Laumii as they outnumbered the T'raykes, their weapons bouncing off her un-shining bio-armour as she cut them down with ease.
On the fifth orbit, he spotted a heavily robed figure, necklaces of runes draped around his shoulders and neck, encircled by heavily armed Laumii warriors who were fighting furiously to protect him. But before Angel could say or do anything, the magician looked up, making direct eye contact, full green eyes looking into his own, stalling all Angel's thoughts. A boulder tumbled down, smashing into Angel's back, his green aura vanishing and wings crumpling.


''Tighten formation.'' Blacktip said over the com.
The five grey warships encroached on the Laumii's own warships, forcing them back. The Laumii had lost three quarters of their space force to the Stalker Knights, but they were stubborn and refused to give up no matter how outnumbered and outmanouvered they were.
''Enemy warship one has launched a seeker.'' Ferrihnoh said.
''Take it out.'' Blacktip growled, quickly tiring of the Laumii's stubborness.
''Way ahead of you, sir.'' Ferrihnoh replied as a missile sailed out from beath them and towards the small enemy seeker ship, reducing it to debris in a violent flare of fire.
''Enemy warships are on the move. They're powering up their hyper drives.'' JD said over the com.
''Let them go. We'll go after them if we have to.'' The Shark replied as the Laumii ships disappeared into the slip stream of hyper space. ''All ships to defensive position Delta Three and stay alert.'' And closed all the connections but one. ''Heard from the planet yet?''
''Only snatches of messages from Kieron.'' JD said. ''Apparently they're making some good progress. But that's all I know.''
''Looks like it's back to the waiting game then.''


The boulder slammed into a crowd of Laumii as they ganged up on a small group of T'raykes, crushing them under it's weight. Angel's aura flared violently, knocking those back that stood around him, his ears flat to his head, teeth bared in an angry snarl, looking about himself. The Earth Shaper loomed high above, and just ahead, a string of death cries called out as blood rained to the ground, Laumii after Laumii falling prey to the Weredragon as she sliced her way through the crowd, ignoring the laser shots that continued to rain down from above. Angel drew his sword once more, countering an enemy attack, stopping the Laumii's own sword above his head. The Laumiis wheezed and blood speckled his lips when a long, black spike ripped through him from behind. The Laumii slid off the stinger, slumping lifeless to the floor as the Insectoid fleww off in search for more prey as there became less and less Laumii. Angel saw Shadow up ahead fighting furiously with the magician's guards, dodging, dusking and lashing out with every available limb, bones cracking and blood spraying as one by one they fell, leaving the magician unguarded.

He saw Angel comming and raised a hand, palm flat, fingers spread, a smokey barrier appearing in front of him. Shadow started for him too but was instantly dogged by a group of Laumii and dragged to the ground, swearing angrily. Angel tried to ignore it, reassuring himself that five spindly warrior Laumii were nothing to her. He inhaled deeply and charged at the magician, smashing his protective barrier, shattering it like glass. The Earth Shaper roared, shaking everything as it became agitated, the magician controlling it growing weaker as he tried fending off the attacking Wolf. The magician's eyes suddenly went wide as a blur passed through him. Angel stood, blood dripping from his blade, watching as the magician slid to the ground, blood pooling beneath his dying body, a look of shock and terror frozen on his face.

The Earth Shaper roared and Angel took to the air once more, green aura ablaze as he slammed into it, passing right through it's waist like an arrow through exposed flesh. The Troll roared again and nearly toppled over. Everyone around it scattered, even the Laumii fled as balls of plasma rained down from the sky, the energy bombs doing more damage to the monster. It was on it's knees when Angel came back at it, dealing the death blow, the Earth Shaper crumbling to the ground in a rush of rocky debris and stone dust.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment