Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 13 - Victory

Shadow Stalkers (c) me (Amy)
Angelus Wolfen (c) angelshadow of FA

Chapter 13 - Victory

Chapter 13 - Victory
The sun set once more over the S'nect region, hiding the carnage of the war. The Laumii had been beaten back and chased away by the remaining T'rayke and Shadow Stalker forces.
Commander Locane sat at his desk with the com line open to Nuam. His hard peaked cap sat neatly infront of him on his desk as he waitied for general Newark. A courteous dip of his head was given when the old Bear came on screen.
''Commander Locane, it's good to see you alive and well.'' Newark said honestly.
Locane tried not to gape at the words. He'd never in his life thought he'd hear something like that come from the leader of the Shadow Stalkers and actually mean it.
''Thank you.'' He replied, swallowing hard. ''Without your help we wouldn't have survived. We are indebted to you.''
Newark bowed his head briefly, seemingly trying to work out what to say.
''This has been a hard decision to make, commander, but even my crew are in agreement.''
Locane tilted his head slightly.
'' A truce.'' Newark said. ''I know it's been a while since our last real conflict and the proposed peace treaty would act as a sort of safety net should anything like this happen again.''
Locane was taken aback by Newark's bluntness. He had nothing left to lose as his family had disowned him as soon as those underground were released and treated for their ailments and he knew the remaining T'rayke forces would be glad to have a fall back.
''I'll speak with my commanding officers first.'' The Wasp said.
''As soon as you get an answer let me know and we can arrange a real meeting.''


Several weeks passed and the supply convoys that were going to and from Stalo were becomming less and less. The Hive rebuild was going smoothly and the T'raykes had agreed to the treaty.
''I hear they're on about building a new space station.'' Kieron said then took a swig of his beer.
''It's gonna be put between our solar system and theirs. Kinda like a halfway house for traders and the like.'' Ev said as she perched on the rim of an empty pint glass.
''An open port.'' Spirit said.
''That's it.''
''Sounds like an interesting undertaking.'' Lemur said. ''Who's building it?''
''The Panzars. They're building it on their orbital building rig then towing it to Mid-Space and assembling it there.'' Ev replied.
''I didn't actually know space stations were built like that.'' Spirit mused.
''That's how most of 'em are built, ours included. In fact, that's where we get our ships.'' Kieron said from across the table.
''Can't wait 'till it's up and running.'' Lemur said and flinched as Chester appeared next to her.
''Blacktip's son,'' The Vampire announced. ''is called Mykal.''
''So that's where you two've been hiding all day.'' Kieron said.
''We were in the vicinity, so it was kinda hard to avoid.'' Shadow said and sat down heavily.
''News travels fast around here, thought you knew that?'' Chester added.


Angel approached the low living room table in the motel where he was staying the night, curious of the small black leather clad oval case rimmed with gold, that was sat dead center on the table. He picked it up gingerly and rotated it in his paws. The leather was like nothing he'd ever felt before and the gold shone brightly under the old light that hung loosely from the yellowing ceiling. He flicked the clasp up and open the case to reveal a gold oval medal attached to a black ribbon with green, grey and a single blue stripe woven into it. The image on the medal was of the Shadow Stalkers' badge; a Dragon's head set on a cross, inlaid into the golden surface with the rare blue gold, the same metal the general's wrist cuffs were made from. Lodged neatly in the lid was a note written on a piece of parchment, thanking him for his help and strength in a time of great need, signed by both general Newark and Commander Locane. He wondered idly if he would ever see them all again and hoped he would. He tucked the one of a kind medal away, safely in his pack and slipped off to bed, ready for the next day, when he would return home.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment