Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Close Quarters

Someone is out to inhume every member of staff in Neon Junction, but, naturally, nothing really goes according to plan.

Everything (c) me (Amy)

Chapter 2 - Close Quarters

Chapter 2 - Close Quarters
Shadow woke up and unsteadily pushed away from Ode's tangle of limbs and climbed out of bed, picking up her old back pack and discarded clothes before disappearing into the bathroom.

When she re-emerged, Ode was still in bed, but he was wide awake with his guitar in his lap, lazily strumming out random notes.
''I'll owe you for last night when I get back from work.'' She said, leaning across and placing a kiss on his forehead.
''You better.'' He grinned slyly and watched her walk out the door.
Shadow stepped on to the cold metal catwalk and inhaled deeply, the mixture of sharp metallic, musty scents stinging her nose and lungs forcing a sneeze.
''Had that comming..'' She chuckled quietly to herself and stepped into the crowd, making her way up to the top levels of the underground city where the night club, Neon Junction lay.


The sign was flickering brightly and already a crowd was forming, all studs, brightly coloured leathers and other materials. A well built pale Polar Bear-esque man dressed in black stood to one side of the closed double doors. He looked over at Shadow as she approached, weaving effortlessly through the various races and species, heading towards the club.
''Enjoy your day off?'' Xan asked.
''It was rather tiring actually.'' She replied.
A flicker of amusement shone in his cool eyes.
''Let's get these people inside then you can tell me all about it.''
''Not all about it.'' Shadow said with a slanted grin.
'' 'ello, here's another who's late.'' Xan said as Kez hurried towards them.
''Sorry! Sorry!'' She huffed. ''My cousin decided she wanted me to drop her off at her job interview just as I was about to leave.''
''You don't drive though.'' Shadow said.
''I had to share a cab.'' She grunted. ''And I'm poor enough as it is without having to pay for her too.''
''Fair 'nuff.'' Shadow replied and stepped aside to let her in.
''I get the feeling you two don't get along very well.'' Xan said once Kez had disappeared deep into the club. ''Some kind of Werewolf - Weredragon rivalry?''
''Could say that. Every Werewolf I've ever come across generally has a high opinion of themselves.''
''Kinda reminds me of Kez.'' Xan mused.
Shadow grunted as they continued checking passes, letting people in to the club and turning those away who didn't have membership passes.


''Well tonight's gone pretty smoothly.'' Xan said.
''Yeah. I was expecting a bit of excitement.''
''Don't sound too upset. There's always tomorrow night.'' Xan replied as the punters piled drunkenly out of the club and wobbled off down the catwalk.
When everyone had gone, they headed inside, locking the outer doors behind them, dull floor lights illuminating the dark tunnel that led down into the club.

''Have you seen John?'' Josh, one of the janitors asked as soon as they stepped inside the main room.
''Last we saw of him was when you arrived. Why, what's up?'' Xan asked.
''I haven't been able to find him for the last hour!''
''That's not like him. You two are practically joined at the hip.'' Shadow mused.
''We'll go have a look for him.'' Xan offered.
Kez walked over to the three, curious of the commotion.
''What's happened?'' She asked.
''We can't find John.'' Xan replied evenly as he scanned the room with his eyes.

''So...?''
''I don't know if you've noticed, but John and Josh are twins and have always been together.'' Shadow pointed out.
''Oh God, I have a really bad feeling about this.'' Josh said.
''Don't worry, we'll find him.'' Shadow assured.
The two bouncers set about searching the club; Xan on the first floor and Shadow searching the large balconies up on the second floor.
The scent of blood mixed with the scent of stale alchohol and sweat. No surprises there. Several fights had broken out tonight and people had been injured. Xan called up to Shadow and she leaned over the railing.
''I think you should come and have a look at this.'' He said, his back to the dance floor as he looked into one of the storage closets.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment