Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Closet

Someone is out to inhume every member of staff in Neon Junction, but, naturally, nothing really goes according to plan.

Everything (c) me (Amy)

Chapter 3 - Closet

Chapter 3 - Closet
Shadow lept over the balconie's safety railing and landed neatly on the polished wood dance floor below. HIllary walked out of Bently's office, her pale hair tied back in a loose bun, a look of curiosity on her face.
''What's all the commotion about?'' She asked smoothly as Shadow walked over to Xan.
''Get Josh out of here, please, Hillary.'' Xan said evenly.
Hillary didn't argue. She could smell the blood from where she stood at the opposite end of the large room. She guided Josh into Bently's office, making up an excuse to try and get him out the way. Shadow padded up to Xan and stood on her tiptoes, peering over his shoulder and in to the murk of the closet. The stench of death was strong. Blood was sprayed high up the walls, dripping off the light bulb, tinting everything a sickly colour of red.
''Holy frack...'' Shadow muttered and moved to his side.
''Is that John?'' Hillary exclaimed quietly from between the two.
''What's left of him, anyway.'' Xan said grimly and moved further in. ''He's had his head blown off.''
''Thankyou for that minute detail, inspector, we never would have noticed if you hadn't of pointed it out.'' Shadow grunted as she studied the torn flesh around the remains of John's neck.
''He's been dead for at least an hour and a half.'' Hillary said.
''What do we tell Josh?'' Xan queried.
''I'll go get Bently.'' Shadow said and hurried towards his office.


They sat on the edge of the stage, Josh huddled up to Hillary, seeking comfort from the Vampire who was more than willing to give it. A police officer stood in front of them, note pad and pen in hand. Every member of staff was there, not a grand sight to behold.
''And nobody heard anything?'' The officer asked again.
They all shook their heads and said ''No'' almost simotaneously.
''You're lucky to hear what your mate's screaming in your ear with the music going.'' Tiffany, Hillary's younger sister, said pointedly.
''And Kezzara, you're new here, correct?''
''Yeah. Started about a month ago.'' The Werewolf replied evenly.
The officer made more notes.
''And you're all close friends?''
They nodded.
''Right. That's all for now. Thankyou for your coorperation.''
''We'll show you out.'' Xan said and he and Shadow escorted the officer out of the club.

''Uhm, I don't s' pose you could do a history check on Kezzara, could you...?'' Xan asked once they emerged on to the catwalk.
The officer raised an eyebrow.
''Is there a problem?'' He asked.
''We're not entirely sure...'' Shadow said tentatively. ''She doesn't seem.... Genuine, if you know what I mean.''
''I'll see what I can find out.'' The officer said.
They watched him walk to his cruiser which was hovering patiently at one of the taxi stops a few metres down the catwalk from the club.
''You sure we should've asked him to do that?'' Xan asked uncertainly.
''I've never been more suspicious of anyone in my life. You said the same thing back when Bently was on the phone to the fuzz.'' Shadow replied.
They stood out on the catwalk for a few more moments before heading back into the club to face the others.

''We've been closed down for tonight. We will resume as normal tomorrow.'' Bently stated.
It was four in the morning and everyone was tired and itching to go home and get some rest, hoping to forget what had happened to John.
''How's Josh?'' Shadow asked after a moment, mentally kicking herself for asking such a stupid question.
''He's staying with Hillary for now.'' Bently said. ''It's for the best if he stays with a close friend until he figures out what to do next.''
Shadow nodded.
''I'm off then, if there's nothing else you need me for.'' She said and grabbed her pack and walked back out of the club.


When she opened her front door and stepped down the small steps, cold water swirled about her ankles, a stale smell slowly infiltrating her senses. She flicked the overhead light on and swore angrily, dropping her old back pack on to the table near the door before proceeding to slosh through the water towards the centre of the old sewer pipe abode, cringing as the stagnant liquid seeped into her shoes. She crouched down, reaching in to the dark water, feeling around for the small, circular drain lid in the floor, pulling it out when she found it. The water started to slowly flow down the old drain, gurgling and bubbling past the rusted grate. She sat down heavily on a chair at her dinner table and thought a moment. Her low lying bed and sofa were soaked as were half of her electrics. She looked mournfully up at the old water pipe that ran across the roof of her concrete pipe home. It was old, and the years of rust had finally given way, releasing the fould water. She didn't know when it had burst, but it was empty now, leaving nothing but drips slowly forming and falling from the gapping jagged hole in the pipe's underbelly, as the contents were slowly being sucked down the small drain in the floor. She grabbed soem clothes from her wardrobe, stuff them into her pack and picked up her phone.


Ode wrinkled his nose when Shadow walked through the door.
''One of our janitors has had his head blown off rendering Neon Junction closed for a night and that old water pipe has burst and has ruined pretty much everything in my house.'' She said sourly, dumping her pack on the floor.
''shoot, that's rough.'' Ode said as he ran his long scaley fingers through his limp mohawk.
''Shower?'' Shadow sighed.
''All yours, babe.'' He said and watched intently as she shed her clothes on the way into the shower.
She stepped in and turned the water on, feeling the cool pellets turn warm, washing the day's grime from her partially scaled skin. She heard Ode step in behind her and his arm slid around her. She leaned back against him and enjoyed the moment, forgetting the day's stress, letting it flow down the drain with the water. He reached up and grabbed a bottle of soap gel, squeezing some of it's contents into his palm and lathering it up before massaging it onto Shadow's skin.
''How long you gonna be here?'' He asked curiously as his hands slid up and down her body, teasing her tender areas.
''Dunno.'' She murred, pushing into his touch. ''Until my place dries out, I guess.''
She turned around and tilted her head back, letting his lips claim hers.
''Stay as long as you want.'' He said.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment