Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Run

Someone is out to inhume every member of staff in Neon Junction, but, naturally, nothing really goes according to plan.

Everything (c) me (Amy)

Chapter 4 - Run

Chapter 4 - Run
Kez walked into Ted's Take Away and snorted a short laugh when she saw Susan stood behind the counter in a long red dress, hair net and a greasy apron, no signs of any make-up on her fake tan features.
''Having fun?'' Kez asked and leaned against the counter.
Susan grumbled something under her breath.
''I've never been so humilliated in my life!'' She snapped quietly.
''Well, if you wanna be in the business, you gotta learn all kinds of things. Blending in is the key.'' Kez said slyly.
Susan turned her nose up and wiped a greasy-wet cloth across the tall counter top.
''I want you to keep an eye out for any of Neon Junction's staff comming and going within the next twenty-four hours.'' Kez continued in a more serious tone.
Susan snorted softly. ''Fine. I'll keep and eye out for your freaks.''
''Good. Just try and remember that the club's meant to be shut down for the day, so when I get back, I want a full report.''
Susan pulled off a sarcastic half-salute and watched as Kez sauntered out of the small take away.


Kez stood in a huddle of bushes on the edge of a clearing. She inhaled the midday air deeply, glad to be back on the surface instead of being trapped in the underground city. She stripped off her clothes, hiding the brightly coloured garments under one of the bushes and she stood there naked, enjoying the feel of the cool breeze tickling across her body. This was the edge of her pack's territory. A safe place in the woods where they could run and hunt freely. She sank to her knees as her change slowly took hold, speeding up as her muscles spasmed, pulling her arms and legs beneath her as dark hair sprouted from her skin, the Wolf in her taking form.
When the change was complete, she panted, her tail gently swaying and her nose twitching, picking up the many different scents that were being carried on the breeze. The air smelt sweet with the faintest musky odour being carried on the lazy breeze. She titled her head back, a howl escaping her muzzle, pouring out into the spring air. She was answered back, the distant holw familiar, driving her forward, eager to see her pack mate, the one who had taken care of her when she was first turned by one of the many outcasts, the Werewolves who refused the pack.

She sprang over a rotting log and splashed down and through a muddle puddle that lay on the other side. David's scent was getting stronger now, his scent everywhere making his location difficult to pinpoint. Kez spun around, trying to pick up the strongest trail when a large brown Wolf with grey streaks in his fur lept from the foliage beside her, hitting her hard and sending her rolling. He had her pinned down, his nose buried deep in her fur. Kez yipped angrily and bucked, throwing him off. She hunched and bared her teeth, ready to pounce, a soft growl filling the air. David dived out of the way as she lept at him, her teeth finding his tail as her moved awkwardly, pulling a tuft of fur free. He wheeled and came back at her, knocking her to the ground, snapping and clawing at each other, they tumbled about the forest floor, their growls and yips echoeing through the forest. Above, perched precariously in the trees, Shadow sat and watched silently as the two Werewolves wrestled below.


''Are you gonna tell me where you work?'' David asked as they lay in the grass.
''You know I can't. I signed a secrecy contract. And if I break that, I'll get my @$$ kicked into the middle of next year.'' Kez sighed. ''Sorry. I wish I could tell you, I really do.''
She kissed his neck and sighed heavily. The sun was setting and the air becomming chill, sending goose bumps skittering across their naked forms.
''I do have the night off, though.'' She said hopefully, hitching herself up onto her elbows, looking down at him.
''Have any plans?'' He asked curiously as he slid a hand up her side.
''A few....'' She replied, pulling herself over him.
David brought his other hand up across her thigh, working his way slowly towards her small breasts.
''Care to let me in on them?'' He queried softly.

Shadow snorted softly and lept silently from the trees, her wings flicking out and taking to the sky. Neither of the Werewolves had realised that she had been following them, hoping to gain some insight into John's messy demise. She landed at the edge of the forest and started snuffling about for her clothes. She finally found her blue leather jacket, her black cargo pants and her black and red boots. She grunted when she found that her underwear shirt had been chewed on by some kind of critter, leaving it torn and full of holes.
No matter. She thought. It's not as if I really wear anything under my clothes anyway.
Her change back to her Human form came relatively easily. She hadn't been in her Dragon form for long enough, so it took longer than usual. When she was done, she sat in the grass, the fine spring rain starting to tickle her bare skin. She sat naked in the grass for a few moments, leaning back on her hands, letting the rain wash away the sweat from her scale dappled skin before she got dressed and disappeared back through the hidden manhole and descended back down the ladder and back into the musty noise of the massive underground city.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment