Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Suspicions

Someone is out to inhume every member of staff in Neon Junction, but, naturally, nothing really goes according to plan.

Everything (c) me (Amy)

Chapter 5 - Suspicions

Chapter 5 - Suspicions
''A surface dweller?'' Xan said.
Shadow nodded.
''Apparently, she has a pack too.''
''So she's not an outcast Werewolf like she said...'' Xan mused.
They were sat alone at one of the balcony tables outside a cafe. Shadow zipped her jacket up a little further as those around her started staring more and more.
''No shirt?'' Xan queried amusedly, flicking a quick glance at her chest.
''Some critter decided to eat it along with my underwear whilst I was stretching my wings.'' Shadow grunted and took a deep sig of her coffee, cringing slightly as the bitter liquid hit the back of her tongue.
''Ah, the curses of being a Weredragon.'' Xan said and leaned back in his metal chair.
A tall man with slicked back hair and wearing the heavy underground police armour made his way through the crowd of tables towards them. It wasn't the same officer from the other night, but he still greeted them by name.
''I have come with some information for you.'' He said and sat down. ''Kezzara Wayatt has no job history. She's also an illegal immigrant. She has no official underground documents and what little surface info we could get, told us she has a pack, isn't a natural born Were and she has an extensive criminal record.''
Xan and Shadow exchanged looks.

''What about her crim record?'' Shadow asked.
The officer shrugged helplessly.
''We couldn't find out. The surface police aren't that cooperative when it comes to us.''
''Anything else?'' Xan asked curiously.
''If you can prove her guilty of the murder, let us know. But, until then, the surface dweller's your problem. The officer said and stood up, touching his finger to his forelock before walking off.
''So her job history's false and she's an illegal with a record...'' Xan said ponderously.
''Suspicious much?'' Shadow said and Xan nodded.
''We need to tell Bently.'' He said after a moment.
''And Hillary and Tiffany. See if our resident Vamps can squeeze any real info out of her.''
They both finished their drinks in silence.


Bently sat down at his kitchen table, his small webbed hands splayed on the paperwork that littered it's scarred surface.
''I see....'' He said ponderously. ''That does raise some questions.''
''Ones that really need to be answered before anymore of our heads get blown off.''
''Have you told HIllary and Tiffany of this?'' He asked.
''Shadow's already on it.'' Xan said, running a white paw - like hand through his long pale hair.
Bently smiled warmly.
''You lot're the finest bunch I've ever hired.''
''That mean we get a pay rise?'' Xan asked cheekily.
''Don't push it. I'm already paying you seven Sefs an hour. That's boardering the maximum wage.'' Bently replied with a crooked grin.
Xan shrugged lightly.
''Y'never until you try.''


Tiffany sat on a stool at the bar. Her white hair was pulled back into a lose tail, her finger tracing patterns on the bar's counter top as she intently watched Kez go about her business, setting up the bar, studying the way she moved and how she did things. Kez had strong mental barriers, barriers that Hillary, her older sister, couldn't break through.
''Problem?'' Kez asked suspiciously.
Tiffany shook her head lightly.
''No, sorry. I was just thinking.'' The Vampire said.
''Oh?''
''About the twins. Poor Josh ain't had any sleep since his brother was er, inhumed, as it were.'' She said carefully, guaging Kez' reaction.
She eyed her suspiciously from behind a well practiced mask of innocence. as a flicker of guilt quickly danced through the Werewolf's eyes.
''It's a shame. Poor John. I really liked him. Nice bloke. No one should go out like that.'' Kez said, trying to sound hurt.
''Openening time, people!'' Bently shouted from his office door beside the stage.
''I'll go let our guard dogs know.'' Tiffany said light heartedly and slid from her stool.


''Holy shoot! You made us jump!'' Xan gasped, hand gripping his chest, when Tiffany appeared between them.
''Drama queen.'' Shadow muttered jokingly with a slanted grin.
''Time to open up, guys!'' Tiffany chirped and stepped to one side. ''Oh, and our little outcast is guilty of something, though I'm not quite sure what. Her mental barriers are too damn strong. Even Hillary can't break through them.''
''shoot.'' Xan muttered.
''Oh, by the way; your sister's gone home. Apparently Josh's taken a turn for the worst.
''Looks like it's just me and Kez then.'' She sighed heavily.
''If you need any help, just give us a shout.'' Xan said.
She knew what he meant and he she nodded, placing a kiss on both their cheeks before disappearing back through the door and into the darkness of the club beyond with the trickling flow of customers.


Susan stood behind the counter, serving a feathered woman, trying not to wrinkle her nose at her small amount of studded clothing and her feathered head, her royal blue feathers pulled back, fanned out at the back like a Peacock's tail. Susan leaned on one foot to try and see around the woman. The line for Neon Junction was dwindling. Her view was blocked and she swore under her breath as a tall, muscualr man with greying brown hair walked in, wearing an old leather jacket, seemingly the best he could do to try and blend in with the city's inhabitants.
''Where's Kez?'' He demanded.
''Uhm, who're you?'' Susan asked sourly.
''Her pack mate.'' He growled angrily.
''Doesn't mean I know where she is.'' Susan snapped.
''Woah! Cool it!'' The woman said. ''The sooner you tell him, the sooner I can eat, kay?''
Susan snorted and glared at them both.
fracking Werewolves. She thought angrily. Think they own everything they come across.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment