Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Ruckus

Someone is out to inhume every member of staff in Neon Junction, but, naturally, nothing really goes according to plan.

Everything (c) me (Amy)

Chapter 6 - Ruckus

Chapter 6 - Ruckus
''Fine.'' Susan snapped. ''She's working at Neon Junction.''
''Where's that?'' David demanded.
The feathered woman pointed out the door.
''See that brightly lit up set of double doors over there? That's Neon Junction.'' She said sarcastically.
David grunted something and walked towards the take away's door.
''You won't get in. It's members only.'' Susuan said pointedly.
''Then I'll sneak in. We're very good at things like that.'' David said defiantly.
''No you won't.'' The woman said. ''You won't get past the bouncers, no matter how good you think you are.''
''And there's only one entrance. You ain't got a hope in Hell of picking the fire exit's outer lock.'' Susan added, enjoying David's visible frustration.
''I could get you in.'' The woman said smugly. ''I'm a frequent punter. I could get you in as a guest. But it'll cost ya.''
David glared at her.
''Cost me what?'' He growled.
''I get you in, you have to buy me a drink.''
He hesitated a moment, then nodded grudgingly. Susan tried not to laugh at his discomfort.
''Fine.'' He grunted sourly.
''My Bea. What's yours?'' She said cheerfully, wrapping her arms around one of his.
''David.'' He grunted. ''And once I get you that drink, you leave me alone, got it?''
Bea nodded, slight disappointment playing on her bony features.
''Fine.'' She pouted mockingly. ''This way.''
She looked over her shoulder and grinned.
''Meals on me, kiddo.''
''Gee, thanks.'' Susan grumbled as she watched the pair leave the take away.


Shadow and Xan watched them approach the club.
''Pass?'' Shadow asked.
Bea rummaged in her purse and produced a plastic green and yellow swipe card with her picture on it. Shadow looked at the picture then at Bea.
''What about you sir, d'you have a pass?'' Xan asked.
''He's with me.'' Bea replied and retrieved her pass from Shadow.
''You have one guest point left now. Enjoy yourself Ms. Tighn.'' Shadow said and let them into the club.
''What's up?'' Xan asked curiously, studying the look on Shadow's face.
''That's Kez' mate.'' She said.
Xan raised an eyebrow.
''Time to expect trouble?'' He asked hopefully.
Shadow grinned slightly.
''If Kez has been lying, then I wouldn't say no.'' She replied evenly and let another club goer pass through the doors.


David handed Bea her drink and walked back through the crowd of dancing bodies, and back towards the bar. Kez looked up and her eyes went wide with panic when she saw him.
''What the frack are you doing here?'' She hissed angrily over the music.
''What am I doing here?'' He growled. ''More to the point, what're you doing here?'' He demanded.
''I work here!'' She snapped.
''You're not a fracking undergrounder!'' He retorted angrily, slamming a fist onto the hard countertop of the bar. ''You're comming back to the surface with me, now.''
''You can't order me around!''
''Yes I can.'' He growled and reached across the bar.
''You're not dragging me across the bar!'' She snapped, stepping back, out of his reach.
''Is there a problem?'' Tiffany asked.
''Yeah-''
''Stay out of this dog.'' David snapped, baring his teeth at her.
Tiffany pursed her lips and frowned, watching as David made his way around to the back of the counter. Kez shrank back as he approached, but Tiffany stood in his way.
''No customers allowed behind the bar.'' She said sternly.
''Tiffany...'' Kez warned.
The small Vampire ignored her and sized David up, her arms folded defiantly across her chest.
''Get out of my way.'' David growled.
''I don't think so.'' Tiffany said. ''Just because you're puffing out your chest like an angry Pidgeon, doesn't make you intimidating.'' She grinned.
David growled angrily and grabbed Tiffany, swinging her out of the way and into a shelf of glasses, shattering them. She righted herself and plucked a large shard of glass from her forearm and strode up behind him as he made another grab Kez. He grabbed her wrist tightly and she yelped at the sudden pain. She vurled her hand into a fist and cracked him on the jaw, his grip loosening in surprise of the sudden attack. The crowd whooped and Tiffany lept nimbly onto his back, her fangs grazing his neck as he reacted quickly, spinning around, knocking her into the counter. He grabbed a fistful of her pale hair and threw her into the crowd. Kez ducked past him and hit a button under the counter just before an arm scooped her up, pinning one of her arms to her side. She swore angrily and loudly and bucked and kicked, trying to hit him with her free hand. She saw the inner doors swing open, knocking back a few of the spectating punters and Xan strode in, his Polar Bear-like features twisting into an angry snarl when he saw what was happening. He waded through the crowd of people, towards them, his cold eyes fixed on David.

''And who's this?'' David snarled into her ear.
''Someone who's hopefully gonna kick your @$$ outta here!'' Kez spat.
''And if he doesn't?'' He taunted.
''Then his friend outside will.''
David barked a harsh laugh and dragged Kez forward.
''Outta my way, freak!''
''Not until you drop the girl.'' Xan said evenly.
The club was silent. Even the music had stopped. A grin twisted David's lips and he pushed past Xan, but he spun around and wrenched the Werewolf's grip from Kez, who dropped to the floor and promptly lept into the crowd. David lunged at Xan, knocking him over and pinning him to the dance floor and started hitting him. Xan bucked and flipped him over, returning the punishment.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment