Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 9 - Caged

Someone is out to inhume every member of staff in Neon Junction, but, naturally, nothing really goes according to plan.

Everything (c) me (Amy)

Chapter 9 - Caged

Chapter 9 - Caged
''Josh died last night.'' HIllary sniffled quietly.
Everyone went silent.
''He lost the will to live.'' She continued, a tear rolling down her pale cheek.
Xan pulled the Vampire into a tight hug as she started crying.
''What happened to you?'' Bently asked Shadow after a moment, spying her awkward position as she sat on the edge of the stage.
''David, that's what.'' She grunted, placing a hand on her rear, wincing slightly as she shifted position. ''I followed through on the warning when he attacked me whilst I was stretching my wings.''
''I hope you didn't kill him-'' Ode stopped, seeing the darkened, angry look in the Weredragon's eyes. ''You can be very bloodthirsty at times, y'know that?'' He finished with a sigh.
''What can I say? I like a challenge.'' She replied deviously.
''Back to the matter of Kezzara.'' Tiffany said flatly, a hand on her sister's back as she sobbed into Xan's massive chest.
Bently paused, mentally rearranging his words.
''She goes.'' He said flatly. ''As soon as she gets here, bring her to my office.''
''That it?'' Ode asked, disappointment clear in his voice.
''Yes. I will handle it from here until I say so otherwise.'' Bently replied evenly. ''In the mean time, I want you and Shadow to go and find out who the assassin's client is. And no messing around, got it? You have four hours.''
Everyone slid from the stage. Shadow and Ode headed out of the club, Bently disappeared back into his office and the others went about setting up the club, ready for business as usual.


''So, who d'you think it is?'' Ode asked curiously as he walked along Shadow, both weaving through the masses of colourfull Undergrounders.
''My monie's currently on Tillie Meyark.'' She replied, neatly side-stepping a heavily pierced man in a green net shirt and red leather trousers.
Ode thought about it for a moment.
''Ah...'' He finally said. ''Order an assassination on those who ruined your life from prison, and the suspicion on you won't be so high! Such a flawless plan.'' He said sarcastically. ''Only problem is, what do we do if she is the client?''
''We can either eport her like good citizens, or we can wait until she's released, and then take care of her ourselves.'' Shadow repklied.
''I like the sound of the latter. Presuming you let me in on it.'' Ode said and hailed a hover-cab.
The bright yellow and black chequed vehicle floated up beside the catwalk at a railingless area just ahead of them and they climbed in.
''The prison please.'' He asked, and the cab took off, making it's way to the otherside of the underground city.


''We're here to see Tillie Meyark.'' Shadow announced.
The tall guard looked them over, then placed an electronic clipboard infront of them on the desk.
''Sign in and take these beepers. Sign out when you leave.''
They signed their names, grabbed their beepers and stepped into the main prison once the large, heavy metal door had rolled to one side. The prison was like a cavern filled with cages stacked high, one on the other, in tall towers, each cage containing two people. A heavily armed guard walked up beside them.
''Cage?'' He asked flatly, as if bored of his job.
''Tillie Meyark.'' Ode said.
The guard escorted them amongst the cages, walking until they came to block fifteen. The guard unlocked a small gate on a dark grey hover-platform. Shadow stepped onto the four-man pad, closely followed by Ode and then the guard. The small gate clanked shut and they held onto the waste high safety rail as the hover-platform was manouvred upwards.
''What's the matter with him?'' The guard asked, his curiosity and amusement getting the better of him.
''Doesn't like heights.'' Shadow replied simply.
Ode crouched, gripping the rails so tight, his green knuckles turned white.
''I thought all Geckans were good with heights...'' The guard mused.
''Not me.'' Ode burbled, his eyes squeezed shut.
The hover-pad slowed to a stop and the guard swung the small gate open.
''Cage one-five-nine; Block fifteen; Tillie Meyark.'' The guard announced.

Shadow grabbed Ode and dragged him off the platform and onto the small catwalk. Tillie was sat croslegged on her bed, reading a tattered, year old fashion magazine. Her blonde hair was un-shining, her skin pale and thinner, her grey and red prison overalls hanging from her bony frame. Shadow made a noise in the back of her throat and Tillie looked up, a manical grin spreading onto her thin, near white lips.
''Shadow!'' She exclaimed happily. ''Why I haven't seen you since I tried having you eaten!''
''Yeah, good to see you too.'' Shadow replied dryly, the images of the pit in her basement infiltrating her mind once more.
Tillie slid from her hard bed and ambled casually over to the Weredragon and her lover, the wooden planking beneath her creaking stressfully at the movement.
''So,'' She said jovially, clapping her hands together. ''what can I do for my darling little Undergrounders today?''
''We want to know what your involvement is with Kezzara Wyatt.'' Ode said, trying his hardest to ignore the long drop and the jeers of the other inmates.
Tillie's face went blank.
''Who?'' She asked after a moment.
''You know who.'' Shadow said. ''You hired her from the Assassin's Guild up top.''
''Assassin?'' Tillie snorted amusedly. ''Oh please. I'm a Do-It-Yourself girl, you know that.''
Shadow looked at Ode.
''She's got us there.'' He said, shrugging.
''If you're suspicious of me, you should meet my sister, Susan Meyark. She's always had an un-healthy obssession with assassins. And if she doesn't come clean, tell her that her big sis will be out in two weeks time, and watch her crap enough bricks to build a house with.'' She grinned cruelly.
''How can we trust you after what you did last time...?'' Ode asked suspiciously, praying for the conversation to be over with, so that he could get his feet back on the ground.
''I have a score to settle with that little dog-bag.'' Tillie snarled angrily, her hands wrapping tightly around the solid barrs of her cage. ''And if you get to her before I do, I wanna know how you dealt with the little blonde frack.''
Shadow and Ode exchanged looks as Tillie turned around and stalked back to her bed.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment