Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - The Plan

Strange things are happening on Lyoko and Jeremy suspects the government might be involved. That's when a new girl arrives at Jadic, and Jeremy thinks that the timing of her arrival is more than just coincidence.

Chapter 5 - The Plan

Chapter 5 - The Plan


Yumi, Jeremy, Odd and Ulrich didn't get back to their rooms until about ten o' clock at night. So, by the time Odd and Ulrich both unlocked the door and entered their dorm room, they were both exhausted. They had spent the entire day investigating the virtual distortions on Lyoko, while Jeremy had sat comfortably in his chair pressing random keys with his face glued to the computer. But the worse part was that neither Odd nor Ulrich had gotten any studying done.

“Do you ever think that maybe Jeremy's a little over-obsessed with protecting Eileda?” Odd asked wearily, and collapsed on his bed.

“You know how he is” Ulirch replied in equal exhaust. “I would like to think that he overdoes it sometimes too, but the reality of it is that it's still the right thing to do.”

Odd gave a deep sigh. “Yeah, I guess you're right.”

“Right now,” Ulrich said as he kicked off his shoes and slid under his covers “I just want to get some sleep.”

But Odd had already beat Ulrich to it as he looked over at him and saw that he was sound asleep and already snoring.

Ulrich smiled, laid his head against his pillow, and closed his eyes.



The next morning at around seven, Yumi awoke to her alarm clock's usual ear-splitting ring.

She reached out from under her covers and grumpily pounded on the clock until it stopped its consistent blaring.

Yumi slowly sat up and rubbed her eyes.

“Ugh! Another Monday” she groaned.

It took Yumi no less than fifteen minutes to shower, dress, pack her bag, and shut the front door of her house behind her as she headed down the sidewalk towards the school.

By the time she reached the front gates of Kadic Boarding School, it seemed ten or twenty kids had all gathered in little groups, each talking and trading the latest gossips.

The biggest of all the groups, of course, was crowded around Sissy, staring and listening intently to what she had to say.

“I know for a fact that she's from America” Sissy said in a dramatic monotone.

Some kids gasped, and others just continued whispering into other peoples' ears.

Yumi, however, couldn't care less about what Sissy was carrying on about. All she could think about was Eileda, and what was happening to Lyoko. Hopefully, Jeremy would be the one to reassure her that there was something they could to stop it.



Ulrich, Jeremy, and Odd waited at their usual table in the cafeteria for Yumi to join them for breakfast.

When she did finally enter the cafeteria, Odd waved for her to sit with them.

Once Yumi took her seat next across from Ulrich, Jeremy immediately began explaining his thoughts on the happenings on Lyoko.

“I think that this Josh Shonnep is working for the CIA and trying to destroy Lyoko one piece at a time” Jeremy stated.

“Why would he want to do that?” Odd asked, rather confused.

“Because, Odd, no one besides us has ever encountered a virtual world such as Lyoko before. This Josh Shonnep may just assume that the effects that XANA has had on our world are just the effects of another world-wide virus. So, naturally, he would try to delete it.”

“But it doesn't make sense” Yumi spoke up. “Every time we've defeated XANA, the chaos he has cause in the past has been erased from everyone's memory except ours. So how come this Josh Shonnep guy can remember?”

Jeremy thought about this for a while.

Then he said “That's an excellent point, Yumi. Unfortunately I don't have the answer to it, but I can tell you what we're going to do in the meantime.”

Everyone leaned in closely.

“We're going to gather as much information on Josh J. Shonnep as we can, and tomorrow, we're going to pay a visit to him in person.”


Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Lumin on February 2, 2006, 5:48:28 AM

Lumin on
Luminthe plot thickens... this dude can remember the attacks... and somehow... no one thinks he's crazy... well i'll have to read more to find out whats going on