Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - Conflict

Strange things are happening on Lyoko and Jeremy suspects the government might be involved. That's when a new girl arrives at Jadic, and Jeremy thinks that the timing of her arrival is more than just coincidence.

Chapter 7 - Conflict

Chapter 7 - Conflict


Max sat silently in the back of her father's BMW as they made their way to Kadic Boarding School.

Next to her was a backpack jam-packed with school supplies, and a sleeping bag with all her clothes and laptop inside.

Neither she nor her father had spoken a word since they left the house two hours ago.

Finally, Max said “Daddy, do I rally have to stay at this school for a year?”

“Max, we've been through this several times. You know we can't take you with us to Italy. This is my last meeting and it's very important.”

Max looked out the window, anger building up inside of her.

“It's only for a year, honey. Then we'll all move back to America and - “

“And, what? Be a normal family again?” Max interrupted.

“That's right” her father replied.

“Don't make me laugh, dad. You and I both know that you don't really want to quit your job.”

“Max, that's not . .”

Don't lie! It's true! You love all this constant traveling and the assignments because it gets you over a million dollars a year!”

“Max!”

“And the worst part is, that every time we move and I have to get used to another neighborhood and another school where no one likes you, you and mom don't even bother to care!”

“THAT”S ENOUGH!” her father bellowed furiously.

Max stopped and looked at her father, who was now bright red in the face.

“Your mother and I love you very much and have given you every thing you've ever wanted. So don't you ever say that we don't care!”

At this, Max looked down in silence.

“Just this once, Max, do something for us and try to fit in at this school.”

But little did her father notice the tears falling from her face and onto the leather seat.

For the rest of the ride, no one spoke another word.


Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Lumin on February 2, 2006, 5:54:37 AM

Lumin on
Luminpersonality... thats what she's got... oh and on Finally, Max said “Daddy, do I rally have to stay at this school for a year?” you put rally and not really.. you missed the e