Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 9 - Odd

Strange things are happening on Lyoko and Jeremy suspects the government might be involved. That's when a new girl arrives at Jadic, and Jeremy thinks that the timing of her arrival is more than just coincidence.

Chapter 9 - Odd

Chapter 9 - Odd


At around three-twenty, Odd headed over to the principal's office, where he would hopefully see the new girl.

He climbed the stairs up to the third floor, and waited outside the principal's office.

He stood there in the hallway for what seemed like an hour, until the office door swung open, and the principal, a man, and a girl his age stepped out into the hallway.

“Thank you for coming Mr. Johnson. I'm sure your daughter will love it here at Kadic” he heard the principal say to the man.

Odd didn't wish to be seen by the principal, so he made a quick dash around the corner. But as he was running, he tripped, fell face-forward onto the floor, and caused the bulletin board to fall off the wall in the process.

The principal turned to see what had caused such a racket, and saw Odd lying on the floor, and the giant bulletin board that had fallen off the wall.

“Odd! What are you doing here?!” the principal said scornfully.

“I, um . .” Odd was too busy trying to crawl out from under the bulletin board.

“Well, since you're here, why don't you show our new miss Johnson to dorm room 102.”

Odd looked up at the blonde girl standing next to the man.

She wore a blue denim jacket, along with matching jeans, and a white T-shirt underneath. She stood holding an over-stuffed backpack in one hand, and a heavy duffel-bag in the other.

“Odd! Did you hear me?” the principal shouted.

“Yes, sir” Odd replied in a shaken voice.

Odd walked up to the girl and held out his hand.

“Hi. I'm Odd.”

The girl didn't move a muscle, but just stood there looking at him.

Odd pulled his hand back in embarrassment.

“Um, room 102 is just across the parking lot. I'll show you” he said as his face began to flush.

Odd started down the stairs and the girl followed after him.



As Odd and the new girl made their way across the parking lot, Odd couldn't help but look at her.

She was beautiful. Her long, silky blonde hair gleamed in the afternoon sun, and her face looked like an angel's.

“I'm Max, by the way” she finally spoke.

“You're the new girl?” Odd said to her.

“Yeah, that's me.”

“Why?” Odd asked.

She looked at him. “What?”

“Why did you decide to come here, I mean.”

“It wasn't my decision to make. My parents . .” she began.

“I get it” Odd interrupted. “Your parents run your life.”

“Yeah, basically” she replied.

This was too cool. Here Odd was thinking this was going to be a another boring day, and suddenly he's talking to the newest, and prettiest girl at Kadic.

They entered the dorm and climbed up the stairs to Odd's floor, where room 102

was, coincidentally.

As they stopped in front of Max's new room, she pulled out a key from her pocket, inserted it into the brass doorknob, and opened the door.

“Thanks for showing me my room” she said to him.

“No problem.”

They stood there and looked at each other for the longest moment.

“Well, bye Odd” she said, and almost went inside before Odd said,

“Hey Max!”

“Yeah?” she turned back to face him.

“In the morning, do you want to, um . . maybe . . have breakfast with me?”

Then, she gave the most beautiful smile he'd ever seen.

“Yeah, I'd really like that Odd.”

Odd smiled back at her. “Okay, I'll be here tomorrow morning to show you to the cafeteria” he said.

And with that, they said goodbye and Max shut the door.

Odd could barely contain his excitement as he strolled down the hallway back to his room.


Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Lumin on February 10, 2006, 5:10:13 AM

Lumin on
Luminso thats why you dont run in the hallway.. i couldnt help but laugh when he fell down.. the other people in the house looked at me funny.. and its about time a girl liked Odd.. lol