Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 11 - Moving On

Strange things are happening on Lyoko and Jeremy suspects the government might be involved. That's when a new girl arrives at Jadic, and Jeremy thinks that the timing of her arrival is more than just coincidence.

Chapter 11 - Moving On

Chapter 11 - Moving On


As Odd and Max walked together across the grounds to the cafeteria, people began to stare and whisper about how Odd was walking with the new girl at Kadic.

“I hope I'm not making you uncomfortable” Max said to him.

“What do you mean?”

“All these people are staring at us” she replied.

“It's okay” Odd assured her. “Let them stare!”

She giggled at this. “You're the best Odd!”

Ulrich, Jeremy, and Yumi sat at their usual table in the cafeteria, waiting for Odd to arrive so they could go over the day's agenda.

They couldn't have been more shocked when they saw Odd walk in with an unfamiliar girl, the same one that Ulrich had seen stepping out of the BMW the other day, holding her hand as they talked.

“Who is that?” Yumi asked, still in utter shock.

“I don't know” Jeremy replied.

“I know who she is” Ulrich announced.

Both Yumi and Jeremy looked intently at him.

“Her name is Max. She just transferred to Kadic yesterday.”

They all looked back at the new girl, now being led straight to their table by Odd.

They tried to act casual as Odd introduced Max to the group.

“Hey guys! This is Max! She just transferred to Kadic yesterday, and I thought it would be cool if she sat with us today!” Odd was acting perkier than his usual self.

“Um, Odd, I don't think it's a good idea” Jeremy stated.

“Why not?” Odd was confused.

“Because, Odd, we have important things to talk about. Places to go, you know.” Jeremy tried to be as subtle about their agenda as possible.

Odd looked back at Max, who had a hurt look on her face as if someone had just insulted her.

“It's okay, Odd. You sit with your friends” she encouraged him, trying to hide this hurting in her heart.

Odd turned back to Jeremy.

“No. I promised that I would have breakfast with you” he said. “I'm sorry, guys, but it looks like you'll have to enjoy breakfast without me.”

And Max and he walked away together to find another table.

“Wait! Odd!” Jeremy called after him.

But it was no use. It seemed nothing could change Odd's mind.

They would just have to go to Josh Shonnep's house without him.



Back at the Johnsons' house on Rue Hemingway, 78180, Joseph and Mary had just finished packing for their trip to Italy. All the computers had been swiped, and all their research had been saved onto separate disks. The only thing to now was to wait for the movers to arrive.

“Do you think Max will be alright?” Mary asked her husband, standing on the front porch next to her.

“Of course” he said reassuringly.

“But what will we do if something happens?”

He looked at her, worriedly. “Like what?”

“I don't know, Joseph. With all this constant traveling, she's had it pretty rough for a girl her age.”

“We've been through a lot too, you know” he commented.

“That's different, Joseph. We chose to accept this assignment when she was only eight. She's a changed girl now.”

“Is that a bad thing?” he inquired.

She gave him a serious look.

“C'mon Mary, maybe this is a good thing for her.”

“How is constantly moving from country to country, school to school, and house to house, a good thing for our daughter?” there was a hint of anger and frustration in her voice.

He took her in his arms, and gently rubbed her shoulder.

“Don't worry. It'll all be over soon” he assured her.

At that very moment, the moving truck pulled up to their driveway.

“You talk to the movers. I'll start getting our things” and with that, Mary walked back into the house.




Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Lumin on February 10, 2006, 5:21:55 AM

Lumin on
Luminhumm.. either they're going to have to let Max in on everything or they loose Odd.. that how i see it.. and im left wondering if Max might have had a boyfriend before she moved here...