Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 12 - Bus Ride

Strange things are happening on Lyoko and Jeremy suspects the government might be involved. That's when a new girl arrives at Jadic, and Jeremy thinks that the timing of her arrival is more than just coincidence.

Chapter 12 - Bus Ride

Chapter 12 - Bus Ride


Later that day at around noon, Yumi, Jeremy and Ulrich met at the front gate, and set off towards town. They would arrive at the nearest bus station, and ride all the way across town to Josh Shonnep's house.

As the three friends walked side-by-side towards the city, they went over the plan one more time.

“I called and arranged for a bus to pick us up at the station at around one o' clock, so we'll be looking for the TransFrance logo on our bus” Jeremy reminded them, for probably the fifth time that since this morning.

“So, that'll be about an hour-and-a-half ride. Then, when we get off, we'll be looking for Rue, Hemingway, 78180.”

“When we get there, we'll say that we're from a nearby school, conducting a survey on the safety of school bus transportation.”

“For the fifth time, Jeremy, we know the plan” Ulrich said, clearly annoyed.

“I'm just being precautious. We need to be careful with this guy. He could be working with the CIA. We don't want to get involved in something like that.” Jeremy always thought of everything.



By the time they had reached the nearest bus station, it was about a quarter to one, so they had just enough time to grab a small lunch at the café right inside the station.

It was very crowded in the tiny internet café, so Yumi, Ulrich, and Jeremy had to squeeze through the sea of people up towards the front counter, where all sorts of pastries and sandwiches were arranged in a glass case, and a huge chalkboard menu with drinks and prices scribbled on it.

A woman in her fifties and dressed in a pink shirt with a white apron around her small waist stood behind the counter, with an exhausted look on her face.

“Can I help you?” she asked wearily.

“We'll have three sandwiches and three bottles of water” Jeremy replied.

“That'll be ten Euro” The woman grunted.

Jeremy reached into his right pocket, pulled out ten Euro, and placed it on the counter.

The woman gave them their sandwiches and their water, and the three walked out of the café together.



It was now five to one as Ulrich, Yumi, and Jeremy sat on a nearby bench, nibbling on their sandwiches.

“So, Jeremy, what do you think is up with Odd?” Yumi asked.

Jeremy rolled his eyes, annoyed at the thought of Odd's recent behavior.

“Who knows, but I hope he gets back down to earth soon so we can focus on fixing Lyoko.”

At that moment, the TransFrans bus drove up to and stopped at the sign to their left.

“We'd best get going” Jeremy said curtly as he stood up and walked to the bus.

Yumi and Ulrich followed silently behind him, and all three boarded the bus.


Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Lumin on February 10, 2006, 5:28:02 AM

Lumin on
Luminim starting to see it all come together.. wait.. no im not.. not yet.. it is kinda confusing but it will all become clear in time im sure.. well my eyes hurt.. i'll try to read more today