Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 14 - Jeremy Hears a Noise

Strange things are happening on Lyoko and Jeremy suspects the government might be involved. That's when a new girl arrives at Jadic, and Jeremy thinks that the timing of her arrival is more than just coincidence.

Chapter 14 - Jeremy Hears a Noise

Chapter 14 - Jeremy Hears a Noise


By the time Max and Odd had arrived back at the campus, it was nearly dusk as the sun slipped slowly behind the horizon in west, so that the light hit Max's face to make it light up Odd's eyes.

“I really enjoyed spending the day with you” he said to her as they stood in the middle of the soccer field.

“Me too” she replied.

He couldn't think of anything else to say. Actually, Odd wished that this day had never happened. Maybe she would just forget about the entrance to the . . .

“Odd?”

“Hm?” Odd quickly turned his focus back to her.

She shook her head. “Nothing, nevermind.”

“Well, I guess I'll see you tomorrow” he said, and headed back to the dorms, leaving Max all alone in the middle of the soccer field, as the sun finally faded under the horizon, and the darkness of night began to set in.

Max remained in the same spot for half an hour, sitting and waiting patiently in the grass for the school to be shadowed in the dark of night, when it was most difficult to notice someone sneaking into the woods.

Max was determined to get one last look at the thing she had seen that day and find out exactly what it was, whether Odd liked it or not.



Ulrich, Yumi, and Jeremy's trip had taken lot longer than they expected.
They had absolutely no luck of finding anything in Josh Shonnep's house because it was completely empty, as if no one was ever even there.

One thing that was peculiarly odd, however, was that the house was impeccably spotless. Someone would've have to have cleaned the house recently for it to have been that clean; no crums, no dirt, not even dust. That meant that Josh Shonnep must have somehow known that they were coming, and swiped the place clean and relocated, making sure no trace of his presence was left behind.

In other words, it was clear that they were dealing with a professional.



By the time the three had returned, unseen, at the school, it was already dark and everyone was in bed.

“Well, that was a complete waste of time” Ulrich grunted as he, Yumi and Jeremy strolled silently across the school grounds toward the dorms.

Neither Jeremy nor Yumi said a word, but they knew he was right. They had accomplished nothing and were no closer to saving Eileda or Lyoko.

Suddenly, Jeremy stopped.

“What's wrong Jeremy?” Yumi asked.

“C'mon guys” Ulrich said impatiently. “We have to get back before someone notices we're not in our rooms.”

“You guys go. I'll see you in the morning” Jeremy said.

Yumi nodded. “See you, Jeremy. Try not to get caught.”

As soon as they were gone, Jeremy broke into a sprint towards the woods. He had stopped because he had heard something moving in the brush; something far too big to be a squirrel or an opossum.

No. Jeremy was sure. It was a person.


Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Lumin on February 17, 2006, 7:21:10 AM

Lumin on
LuminDom dom dom... and here it comes... the girl get caught.. but will it be to late? stay tooned for the next episode.. Don't touch that remote the next episode of Glitches is coming up next.