Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 18 - SOLD!

Strange things are happening on Lyoko and Jeremy suspects the government might be involved. That's when a new girl arrives at Jadic, and Jeremy thinks that the timing of her arrival is more than just coincidence.

Chapter 18 - SOLD!

Chapter 18 - SOLD!


Max had successfully climbed out her window and scaled the water pipe along the outside wall of the dorms without anyone noticing, and now she was, once again, on her way back to the woods where the mysterious waterway entrance was waiting for her.

She reached the clearing at no time at all. The forest was already becoming more familiar to her.

Just like before, she grasped the handles on both sides of the disc, and pulled with a mighty heave. She set the disc down on the ground and looked down into the hole.

There was a long ladder that led down into the waterway, but she could not tell how far it went. It was a good thing Max came better prepared this time, as she slipped her backpack off her shoulder, and opened it up to make sure she had brought her flashlight.

Not intimidated by the foreboding darkness, Max immediately began scaling down the ladder, down to the depths of the underground sewers.



Half way down the ladder, the nauseating smell of sewage had caused to climb the rest of the way with only one hand, as she used the other to hold her nose.

Once she reached the bottom, Max took out her flashlight and flipped the switch.

All at once, dozens of rats appeared, and fled from the blinding light.

As she shined the light in front of her, Max could see a little pathway that ran along side of the stream of reeking sewer water.

Max, once again, put her hand to her in resistance to the horrid stench and made her way down the long, dark walkway.



“Well, Jeremy? What should we do?” asked Yumi.

“Check all the regions. If you find anything strange, let me know. I'm going to try and check up on Josh Shonnep and see if I can find out where he is” Jeremy replied.

“Okay, then” Yumi proclaimed. “Lets get moving.”



Jeremy set his ear piece on the keyboard and pulled out his laptop. If Josh Shonnep had indeed flown the coop like he suspected, Jeremy would know. He pulled up a website that had all the “For Sale” listings from here to Rue Hemingway. He scrolled down the extensive list, and finally came upon the picture a very familiar house. The same house that they had visited just yesterday on Rue Hemingway, 78180 was posted on the screen. But the words that were printed under the picture was what caused Jeremy's mind to burst into a pulsing frenzy.

SOLD! Luxurious two story abode. Former owners: Joseph, Mary, and Maxine Johnson.”



Finally, after wandering through the dark, smelly waterway for at least fifteen minutes, Max spotted a gleam of light at what seemed to be the end of the tunnel. She hurried over towards the bright light, and found another ladder leading up to the surface.

She climbed the ladder as fast as she could; wanting more than anything to escape the horrid smell of the sewers. When she climbed out of the exit, she breathed in the fresh air with joyous relief.

Max looked around. She did not recognize this part of the woods at all. In fact, she was nowhere near the school grounds anymore. How far had she gone? Where was she now?

Just then, Max noticed a giant building in the distance, and not just any big building. It was some kind of abandoned factory!

Max had no idea what time it was, but she wasn't about to turn back now. She hiked up her backpack and began her way towards the mysterious factory.



Ulrich, Eileda, Yumi and Odd had searched the entire mountain region, but had not found a single sign of XANA, his monsters, or any activated towers.

“Jeremy?” Eileda called.

“Did you guys find anything?” Jeremy asked anxiously.

“No. Everything's pretty much normal here.” Yumi replied.

“Well, I found something on Josh Shonnep that I think you'll find very interesting.”

“What? What is it Jeremy?” Eileda exclaimed.

“You the house we visited yesterday?” Jeremy stated.

“Yeah, that was his house” Ulrich said.

“Right, it was sold the same day we checked it out.” Jeremy waited eagerly for a response.

“No wonder the place was completely empty!” Yumi shouted.

“Yeah, but that's not even the weird part” Jeremy continued. “That house didn't belong to Josh Shonnep. The former owners were three people by the name of Joseph, Mary, and Maxine Johnson.”

“What?!” Odd exclaimed. “That can't be right!”

“Why?” Jeremy asked, perplexed.

“Because Maxine Johnson is the new girl here at Kadic!”


Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Lumin on July 6, 2006, 9:50:17 AM

Lumin on
LuminCalafragalistick........... ..... lol.... thats a funny word