Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Prelogue

My OC, Linely (Lynn-lee) Thompson, and how she comes to Hogwarts. New enemies, this time Voldemort's not the only person after Harry! There's a new Dark Order lurking in the background, but know one knows who they are or what their goals are! Takes place

Chapter 1 - Prelogue

Chapter 1 - Prelogue






It was night, the moons light spilling over the silent street as the clouds passed overhead. A dark, hooded figure stepped crept carefully behind the thick of the foliage along the wired fence, so as not to be seen. The stranger stopped suddenly, at the sound of rustling leaves blowing in from the other side of the playground. He waited until the moon was once again, shrouded behind the blackened clouds, and then made his way for the gate. Under the total cover of darkness, the man, tightly tugging his cloak, made his way across the urban street towards an innocent-looking row of houses, with rose hedges and picket fences. He had never known, now much cared for this kind of life. In fact, he despised it more than anything. This would definitely make his job a lot easier.





As he neared a mailbox with the numbers 647, he examined the giant house that stood behind it. Then again, most of these suburban houses were larger than any of the places hed had the privilege of sleeping in. This house was painted white, with dark tiles on the roof. It had three windows on the top floor, and two on the bottom, and in the middle a bright green door, with a homely wooden welcome sign nailed to it.





He would have imagined it to be quite different; perhaps a bit more, secluded and ominous, but not in the middle of the English suburbs. This was a strange case indeed, as his master had indicated. Nonetheless, he had an important mission to fulfill before the morning came, and it was nearly dawn; less than three hours to go, hed wager.





The hooded man stepped silently and swiftly through the gate, and once at the door drew his wand.





Alohamora the man whispered, and the door unlocked with an undetectable click.





As soon as the man stepped through the door, he was unexpectedly greeted by a maid, who immediately dropped the silver platter she was carrying and attempted to scream.





Avada Kedavra! the man said, still minding his volume, as a jet of bright green light shot from his wand towards the maid as she dropped dead to the floor. The man stepped briskly over the lifeless maid and made his way into the dining room. He glanced around the room, searching for any signs of life, so as to kill it as soon as possible, but to his disappointment, the house remained quiet and unmoving. Temporarily convinced, the man headed towards the wooden stairs to his left and ascended to the upper floor.





His breath was warm but his eyes were cold and filled with a murderous lust, as he slowly and silently made his way down the upstairs hallway. To his left were three doors, but to his right two. At this, the man frowned unpleasantly. He had seen three windows from outside, but there were presently two doors facing the front side of the house. Something wasnt right.





The man stood between the two doors, examining the large space of white wall in front of him.





Then, he waved his hand over the wall, while muttering something under his breath. Suddenly, a large white door appeared before his eyes. The man smiled cynically and turned the brass handle, swinging the door open to reveal the secret room.





Not much to his surprise, a man and woman stood at the other end of the room, clutching each other with the look of undying horror that he always longed to see before his victims faces.





The mans malicious grin grew even wider at the sight and smell of their fear, as he raised his wand once again, and aimed at the both of them.





Avada Kedavra! he shouted, almost joyfully. The green light shot right through both the muggles torsos, hurling them back against the wall, as they fell to the floor.





The man walked over to the two corpses, both pairs of their glassy eyes gazing up at the ceiling. The man and woman lay beside each other, utterly lifeless and drained of all color in their skin, so that they appeared such a ghoulish white that they almost seem to glow in the darkness of the room.





He smiled as he gazed down at them from under the hood of his cloak; a glint of satisfaction in his cold, dark eyes. However the smile disappeared from his face almost instantly, as he gazed out the window over-looking the front yard. A second shadow had just crossed the yard and entered the house. The man had no doubt it was another Death Eater. Now, he just had to leave before they found him.





Just then, however, his attention was drawn to a nearby closet. It was opened just a crack, but he couldve sworn he had heard a voice. The man stepped cautiously towards the door, the moonlight shimmering through the window and across the wall where the open door stood. The man swung the door aside, and looked down to see a young girl sitting on the floor, bent over and seemed to be crying.





Apparently his job was not finished. The thought of another kill only made him happier, though, as he raised his wand for the last time, and prepared to utter the same killing words he had not one minute ago.





Suddenly, though, the girls body began to glow, emitting a blinding white aura that caused the man to drop his wand in order to shield his eyes, which were not so used to the light.





What the-!





Get& OUT! the girl warned, in a voice that that anyone could tell was not her own. It echoed across the entire room.





The girl then let out a ghostly wail, and with it came a destructive wave of unspeakable power that erupted like a nuclear bomb, spreading all across the room and throughout the rest of the house, consuming it in hellish flames. The house began to crumble and continued to burn until nothing and no one inside was left standing.





Soon, the entire lot was aglow with a blazing fire, as neighbors gawked and





screamed in horror from their windows across the streets and began calling the police.





To anyone else who happened to be nearby that night, this all was a just a horrible memory now.











Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment