Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Predicaments

My OC, Linely (Lynn-lee) Thompson, and how she comes to Hogwarts. New enemies, this time Voldemort's not the only person after Harry! There's a new Dark Order lurking in the background, but know one knows who they are or what their goals are! Takes place

Chapter 2 - Predicaments

Chapter 2 - Predicaments






Dumbledoore sat in his sun-tinted office, contemplating grumpily on the ever-growing pile of papers stacked upon his desk that had cost him so many recent nights of sleep. These were all reports he had received not one week ago from the Ministry, and he still had not gotten even halfway through. At this time, Dumbledoore reminded himself to, in time, hire what the muggles referred to as a secretary.





That was when Professor McGonagal, accompanied by Professor Snape, barged into his office with out word or warning.





Albus, this letter has just come from-. she began.





Dumbledoore merely held up his hand in annoyance. Please Minerva. The Ministry cannot possibly add to the troubles they have so graciously left me to deal with. At this time, I must insist that you contact Fudge and instruct him to shove his petty complaints up his hairy-.





Headmaster, please McGonagal interrupted. This is not from the Ministry.





Dumbledoore sat up, erect and fully attentive now. What is it then?





McGonagal handed him the white, sealed envelope. It was specially addressed to him. Oddly though, there was no sign of a return address anywhere.





Dumbledoore began prying the envelope open, reached inside and pulled out a letter written in crimson ink. Dumbledoore carefully read and reread the letter, his moon-shaped spectacles flickering in the candle-light.





Finally, after a prolonged moment of silence, Dumbledoore stood and reached out his hand, returning the letter to McGonagal.





Thank you, Minerva. Now, if youll excuse us, I must speak with Professor Snape.





McGonagal gave a curt nod before she turned on her heel, brushed past Snape, and left the room without a word.





I hope all went well at the Ministry yesterday Dumbledoore asked. Tell me, have they any news?





I have checked with heads of both the Department of Magical Accidents and Catastrophes and Mysteries, and they agreed to send whatever available information to you by the end of the month Snape replied. At this, Dumbledoore nodded his head in approval and motioned politely for him to leave the room.





Once he was alone again, Dumbledoore stepped over to the wall of paintings of the countless headmasters that had lived before him, peacefully snoring away in their respective picture frames, as usual.





Dumbledoore walked along the wall of snoozing paintings, heading for his office door.





Going somewhere, Albus? came the voice of one of the paintings.





Nowhere of any importance, but if anyone wishes to know, tell them I have gone on a little visit to the Leaky Cauldron. With a smile and a wink of eye, Dumbledoore disappeared into the stairwell behind the giant, stone Griffon and descended to the main hallway just below.











Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment