Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Dejavu

My OC, Linely (Lynn-lee) Thompson, and how she comes to Hogwarts. New enemies, this time Voldemort's not the only person after Harry! There's a new Dark Order lurking in the background, but know one knows who they are or what their goals are! Takes place

Chapter 3 - Dejavu

Chapter 3 - Dejavu






Harry woke to find himself sitting in the same old bedroom, in the same rotten house, on same old Privet Drive. The summer, once again, didnt seem to be going by fast at all, and the sooner Harry got back to Hogwarts again, the sooner he would see Hermione and Ron for the first time in months, not to mention Dumbledoore, Lupin, Moody, and all his other friends awaiting him on the other side.





Harry now sat upright in his small cot of a bed, with his legs swung over the left side, so he was facing the door. It was nearly morning, and Hedwig still sat cozily in her cage on top of his desk, sleeping with her head tucked under her ruffled wing. All last night, Harry had been contemplating on what his sixth might bring. Somehow, he sensed that things might be different this year. Maybe something good and exciting would happen, for once. Maybe this would turn out to be a pleasant year in contrast to so many recent ones due to the return of you-know-who.





At that moment, an owl flew in and landed outside Harrys window. Harry jumped the minute he saw it and recognized it almost at once as the Weasleys old owl, Arol.





He got up and walked over to the window, Hedwig jerking awake from the sudden noise of his footsteps. He lifted the window open, and Arol fluttered in onto the edge of his bed, holding something in its mouth which, he assumed, were a bundle of white envelopes.





He rushed over snatched the letters gratefully out of Arols beak. He flipped through them with an ecstatic joy. The first one was from Dumbledoore.





Quickly, he pried open the first one and began reading it.











Dear Harry,













I am delighted to welcome you back for your sixth year at Hogwarts, and hopefully this year will be bring about a little more cheer along with a few surprises as well. On that subject, I am excited to announce that this year you shall be undertaking private classes with me after school hours. However, as you might have already suspected, there shall be a few twists. For one, we might have someone else joining us in our little classes; a very capable young witch that I find quite comparable to you. Secondly, we will no longer be practicing in my office as usual. I have recently obtained a small amount of private land outside the Dark Forest. That shall be our new classroom, if youll call it that. That is all for now. Please, if you have any questions or concerns, do not reply right away. As you can see, there are still plenty more letters for you to open. Enjoy the rest of your summer. I shall be waiting at Platform 9 on the twentieth of August. Until then, enjoy the remainder of your summer.













Albus Dumbledoore













PS We have recently recruited the next Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. His name is Bronson Dagget. I think youll find him to be quite interesting and insightful.




















Harry stood motionless, still staring down at the letter, trying to absorb everything he had just read. What did Dumbledoore mean by a new witch who was supposedly quite comparable to him? And the new location for their private lessons was now outside the school grounds?





Well, at least they would be having a Defense Against the Dark Arts class this year, but all of the students, and even most of the faculty, had concluded that the job was cursed anyway. Who knew though? Maybe this year would be different. So far, Dumbledoore had proven him to be more than right about that.





Harry tossed Dumbledoores letter aside, and finally began reading Hermiones letter.
































Hello Harry













How has your summer been? Weve all missed you. We hope you are well and wish to see you very soon. Mrs. Weasley was thinking of sending Fred and George over there to get you and bring you here, but Dumbledoore said it wouldnt be a good idea.






Of course you have heard about the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. Well, I did some research just to check up on him, and it turns out he is another Auror, like Professor Moody! Harry, this one is no joke. Hes apprehended four death eaters in the past two years! Hes a legend in the wizarding world. I have a feeling that this year is going to be much different with him around.






Also, Ive head rumors that Dumbledoore plans on forth putting some new school events. I simply cant wait! I think things are finally going to get better around Hogwarts this time!













Harry couldnt help but give a sad frown, forgetting everything to do with his hope for change and a better school year. Everything Hermione had said about all the new things this year, and how happy she sounded; what if things didnt get better? What if everything turned out to be another disaster like all the years before? How could he look back on such things and hope for things to be better? This year could not possibly be any different from the rest.





Still, in the midst of all these downtrodden memories, he couldnt help but feel a little light-hearted at Hermiones cheerful optimism. He put her letter with Dumbledoores, and picked up one of Rons.











Hey Harry!













Hermione told us all about the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, but I reckon hell still end up just like the others. That job is about as cursed as Neville with a blast-ended skrewt on Friday the 13th.













Harry let out a snort of laughter. Ron always had something hilarious to say.











Anyways, were all here staying at a hotel in London. My dad thought it would be fun to rough out a summer in Muggle Land for a change. Actually, its not so bad! They got these things called videogames, and daytime television, and room service! I could definitely get used to this, I tell you! Of course, Fred and George stayed behind to work on their new products. Im not sure what theyre up to now, they never tell me anything, until they decided to actually test their latest inventions on me! Really though, their business has gone through the roof. Theyre the biggest thing in Diagon Alley since Gambol and Japes!






I cant wait to see you guys again!













Ron













So, the Weasleys were in London on vacation, Hermione was probably at home with her family, and once again, here he was, sitting alone in his room and reading their letters, already feeling lousier by the minute.





All this dejavu made Harry even more desperate to get back to Hogwarts.











Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment