Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Jace

Everyone trusts this new guy—everyone but Terra. She thinks he’s connected to Slade and a major threat to them. Who is this mysterious boy and what is he hiding? (WRITTEN BEFORE BETRAYAL!!!!!!)

Chapter 1 - Jace

Chapter 1 - Jace


Chapter 1-Jace



“Titans! Go!” Robin shouted above the roar of blaring alarms as the smoke from the explosion of the fallen door to the Jeweler's that Cyborg, who held his Sonic Cannon ready beside him, had blown down. Starfire's hands and eyes glowed an eerie green as she hovered, suspended in mid-air above Beast Boy, who had previously shifted into a green-and-black snarling tiger, and Robin—who had neglected to take his motorcycle helmet off—was holding his pole drawn and ready. Raven's hands were encircled by an eternal black glow that seemed to be darker than death as she levitated between Robin and Cyborg.

Robin, as the rest of the Titans, was in shock when he saw who the bandit was. It was—

“…Fang?!” Beast Boy gasped in disbelief after shifting into human form. “That—you can't be…how did you—?! I thought you were…guys?” -Beast Boy turned to his fellow teammates—“Isn't he supposed to be in jail?”

“Yes,” Raven replied blandly.

“I don't know how you got out of jail, Fang, but you're going right back in!” Robin informed, then adding, “Titans! Go!” was the command shouted above the wailing alarms.

Before the Titans could respond to the command, Fang leapt into the air as if to attempt an escape and, without warning, turned and shot his venom at them. The first hit Robin, who had leapt after Fang, and sent him crashing into the pearly marble floor, his helmet popping off and bouncing across the floor. Starfire glided quickly to his aid, but was shot down by venom as well.

“Azerath, Metrion, Zin—” Raven attempted, but was cut short as a gray blob covered her mouth. Beast Boy and Cyborg could tell by the look in Raven's eyes that the blob had most unpleasant taste.

Beast Boy transformed himself into a green pterodactyl and soared after Fang, who shot clumps of gray goop at him. Beast Boy dodged with ease, shifting into a different bird with each time. Cyborg aimed his Sonic Cannon at the spider-boy and fired. Beast Boy was hit by a straying blob and knocked into the Sonic Cannon's line of fire. The Cannon's ray blasted the bird in the back, melting the gray wad around him, and he fell to the ground, dazed. A blob struck Cyborg, knocking him backward to the ground, where he was stuck.

Beast Boy, who had shifted into his human state, stood up, shifting into a Cougar. Fang ran through the hole where a door had once stood, Beast Boy quick on his six heels. Fang shot another round of gray blobs at him, and this time the injured Beast Boy (in case you don't get why he's injured, then think back to Cyborg's Cannon. Yeah, that would injure just about anyone…) was unable to dodge. He fell backwards to the ground, covered in the gray goo. The cougar turned to into a human, and he watched the spider climb the side of a nearby building to the roof and disappeared. Beast Boy thought he caught a glimpse of a black-and-silver something appearing out of no where, but decided otherwise after a few moments.

Cyborg, who still had the sticky goo in places on him, arrived to Beast Boy's side, laid the immobile Starfire gingerly on the sidewalk, and began trying to dig through the goop. Raven, who had bland gray goop still in spots on her face, soon followed this action, laying the unusually still Robin beside Starfire.

As the two attempted to dig their way through the goop that pasted the struggling boy to the street, Beast Boy spoke: “It's a good thing no one is driving down this road, or I'd be in bad shape!” The two nodded in agreement.

“Where did Fang go?” Robin spoke as best he could. They studied the street. Without warning, a black-and-silver figure swooped from the top of the building, carrying the defeated Fang.

“Whoa…” Raven said, her eyes widening.

“Who is that guy?” Beast Boy asked, ending his struggle for an abrupt moment, waiting the out suspense of what might happen next. Cyborg and Raven shrugged.

“Name's Jace,” the boy told them casually, “What's up?” The bound Fang was lying on the asphalt, groaning—assumably in pain. The other Titans just stared. “…What?” Jace queried to the staring five.



*Author's Note: Hiya! Finally came up with a plot that might succeed at being a halfway good FanFic! This isn't my first, but several of mine have failed to meet my expectations. This one I'm confident will be good! Jace's name is pronounced JÄ?s. The “e” is silent. I was looking for a name that kind of slows the sentence down, like “Slade”. Oh, and Fang was the only person I could think of besides Slade that can easily take down the Titans—plus I like the “Super Lugies”! Please review! New chap coming soon!


Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

SladesSilverTear on March 10, 2005, 5:19:17 AM

SladesSilverTear on
SladesSilverTearShadow_Paladin13:
Um...who cares? Not me! Thanks for the info though ^^

Shadow_Paladin13 on February 22, 2005, 3:54:50 AM

Shadow_Paladin13 on
Shadow_Paladin13Robins weapon is called a Bo Staff , or just a staff . Not a pole .