Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Destination: Planet Mermaid

A story about my OC Sailor Meow. It's a kind of prologue to swampertgirl0504's Sailor Sun Chronicles from sailor Meow's point of view.

Chapter 3 - Destination: Planet Mermaid

Chapter 3 - Destination: Planet Mermaid
Meow was surprised to find the hangar unguarded. She punched in her access code on the security door and cringed at the metallic clang it made as it opened. The palace hangar was small, but there was an underground tunnel that led to a larger hanger and the launch pad, which were a few hundred leagues from the palace and surrounded by a dense forest. Meow carried Adam to her ship, a silver speeder about three yards long, with a tiny cockpit.
She looked down at the tiny kitten in her hands, and realised that by carrying him down the stairs at top speed she had made him extremely dizzy.

She hurriedly strapped him into the cockpit's luggage holder as best she could, weighing the fact that her mother was dying against the need to keep her best friend secure. She knew that in her long princess dress she was hardly attired for safe space travel, so she sprinted back across the hangar and grabbed a silver pants-and-jacket space suit. She pulled the pants on and ripped the bottom of her princess dress off at the waist.

Meow climbed into the driver's seat of her ship, strapped herself in and closed the hatch.
[Hello, Meow.] the on-board computer greeted her in an electronic yet feminine voice, [Where are you going?]
"The Moon Kingdom" Meow said clearly into her ship's microphone.
[Location of "The Moon Kingdom" not found.] The ship's computer told her. Meow sighed.
"I guess we'll just have to search each system. How far can we get without having to refuel?"
[Destination: Planet Mermaid] the computer replied.
The ship rotated on its platform and moved along the track towards the underground tunnel. Then they were plunged into darkness. Traveling along its track the ship sped up to a constant speed, and Meow turned to Adam. The kitten was slowly recovering from his dizziness.
"Are you alright, my little kitten?" she asked him.
"I guess so." Adam answered.
[Entering launch area] the computer warned.
Meow felt the heat of her ship's engine starting up. She hung on to her seat and shut her eyes as the ship gained speed, and with a deafening roar from the ship's exhaust, they were propelled into space.

Meow had never learned to fly her ship, so she turned the ship's auto-pilot on. Meow stared sadly out at the stars as they whizzed past.
"Adam, I'm sorry about everything. But I have to save Mama."
Adam was about to reply when a hard jolt knocked him out of the luggage holder and into Meow's head.
[Entering asteroid field] the ship's computer warned them.
"Well get us out then!" Meow yelled into the microphone, while rubbing her head. Adam had fallen somewhere behind her seat.
"Adam?" she called to him, but he didn't answer. Another jolt, and Meow blacked out.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment