Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Seidon and Siren

A story about my OC Sailor Meow. It's a kind of prologue to swampertgirl0504's Sailor Sun Chronicles from sailor Meow's point of view.

Chapter 5 - Seidon and Siren

Chapter 5 - Seidon and Siren
Meow took a deep breath and dove into the icy, green water. She could see the sunlight glinting off the scales of the boy's tail. She hurriedly swam after him, and noticed that she was swimming much faster than she remembered swimming in the palace pool. She saw the boy stop, and quickly caught up to him. In front of the boy was another mermaid, a girl of about nineteen with long, wavy sky-blue hair wearing a vacant expression.
Not noticing that she was behind them, the two mermaids continued talking.
"I was just worried about you..." the girl was saying.
"I can take care of myself, Siren," the boy replied angrily, "but do you have any idea how mad Princess Mermaid would be if she knew you were just swimming around by yourself?"
"But I was looking for you..." the girl looked sad.
"You're so absent-minded, you could have gotten lost! And there are sharks around these waters at this time of year, big ones!"
"But..." the girl trailed off. "I'm sorry Seidon." The boy still wore a frown.
Meow thought this was a good time to intervene. She turned to the girl.
"Hello there-" As she spoke, the air seemed to drain from her lungs. She hurriedly breathed in, and was shocked to find that she could breath easily underwater.
"I'm Sailor Meow. It's nice to meet you."
The girl looked at her, startled.
"Oh... A Sailor Soldier? Wow! Um, I'm Siren..."
The boy cut in, "She's my sister."
"What planet are you from?" Siren asked Meow curiously.
"It's none of our business, Siren. She needs some fuel for her Starship. I told her I'd take her to see the Princess." With that, the boy swam off toward a coral reef.
Siren and Meow followed him, Siren regularly slowing down so that Meow could keep up.
"I'm sorry if my brother's rude sometimes..." Siren apologised, "It's just that he always has to look out for me. I'm a burden to everyone. Seidon, the Princess, everyone."

The boy stopped in front of the reef. Meow and Siren did the same. The reef was a beautiful forest of pink and purple coral, green and yellow seaweed and fish of a thousand different colours.
"The quickest way to get to the Mermaid Castle is through here." Seidon told Meow. "I'm first, then Siren, then you." Seidon weaved his way through the coral and seaweed, and Siren followed him. Meow took up the rear, struggling to keep up with the mermaids. She cautiously swam through the narrow gaps between the coral. She wondered how far she had swam, so she took a moment to look behind her.
"OW!" Meow felt something heavy collide with the side of her head, and she was hurled sideways into a coral formation. She opened her eyes to see a huge cod.
"Bluh." The cod said apologetically, a bunch of bubbles escaping from its mouth. The cod swam off and Meow hurried to catch up with Seidon and Siren.

"What took you so long?" Seidon called behind him to Meow.
"I was hit by a fish and crashed into some coral!" Meow shouted back.
Siren turned back to Meow, her eyes wide.
"Did you cut yourself?"
Meow looked down at her body. Her left arm was badly scratched.
"Yes, but I'm only bleeding a little."
Siren grabbed Meow's hand and sped through the coral until she was side by side with Seidon.
Seidon stared in horror at Meow's bleeding arm and suddenly grabbed her other hand.
"Sharks can smell a little drop of blood from miles away." Seidon's expression was grim. "We've got to hurry, soon there'll be sharks everywhere."

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment