Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - The Tunnel

A story about my OC Sailor Meow. It's a kind of prologue to swampertgirl0504's Sailor Sun Chronicles from sailor Meow's point of view.

Chapter 6 - The Tunnel

Chapter 6 - The Tunnel
Seidon and Siren led Meow to the entrance of a narrow cave hidden among a large formation of purple coral.
"This tunnel leads to Princess Mermaid's Coral Gardens. It's a tight squeeze, and it's dark, but at least the sharks can't follow us." Seidon turned to look behind him. "The fish are all hiding. That means the sharks are coming."
"I'll go first." Siren bravely volunteered.
She disappeared into the tunnel.
"You next. We can't have you going last again." Seidon gestured at Meow's arm. "Siren's not the only one who needs looking after."
Meow turned to the cave, and crawled through the entrance. The tunnel was barely large enough to swim through, so Meow used a combination of pulling herself along with her arms and kicking with her legs.
She felt something slimy brush across her arm, and screamed.
"Wh-what was that?" She asked Seidon.
"Probably just an eel."He replied calmly.
"Eel?" Adam's voice echoed as a dim light emerged from Meow's brooch.
Meow smiled and said quietly into her brooch. "It's not lunch time yet, kitten."
"Lunch time? Did you say 'lunch time?'" Siren called back.
"No!" Seidon shouted at her. To Meow he said, "That girl only thinks with her stomach."

The tunnel seemed to go on forever. With the dim light of her brooch to guide her, Meow managed to avoid hitting her head on the low ceiling of the tunnel, or touching any more eels.
She could hear Siren humming cheerily up ahead of her, but Seidon was utterly silent.
Soon Meow could make out the silhouette of Siren in front of her, indicating that the end was close. Meow sped up her pulling-with-her-arms-and-kicking-with-her-legs technique in excited anticipation of getting out of the eel-infested tunnel.
But Siren had stopped right at the exit.
"What's the hold-up?" Seidon asked, as he and Meow stopped behind Siren.
"The opening's too narrow... I don't think I can fit through." Siren explained.
"Well, try!" Seidon urged.
The light of the opening disappeared as Siren called out, "I have my head and arms through, but my hips are stuck!"
In the faint light of her brooch Meow saw Seidon roll his eyes.
"You eat too much. I guess we'll have to push you then." Seidon and Meow took hold of Siren's tail and pushed as hard as they could. After what seemed like an age of pushing and shoving, Meow's ears began to twitch, indicating that Adam was impatient.
"Come on!" His voice shouted annoyedly from Meow's brooch. Suddenly Meow was bathed in blue light as she heard a phrase repeat over and over in her mind. She put her thumbs and index-fingers together in a diamond-shape and held her hands our in front of her, aiming at Siren.
"Kitten Whirlpool!"

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment