Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 16 - An Argument, a Life-or-Death Decision

A story about my OC Sailor Meow. It's a kind of prologue to swampertgirl0504's Sailor Sun Chronicles from sailor Meow's point of view.

Chapter 16 - An Argument, a Life-or-Death Decision

Chapter 16 - An Argument, a Life-or-Death Decision
That evening, Meow and Adam bade Drill and Mika farewell. After hearing about the loss of Mika's family, Meow was more determined than ever to save her mother. Both Meow and Adam were silent during takeoff, and were happy to let the ship's new on-board computer, "Mae", do all the talking.
[Now leaving Planet Mecha, please enter destination]
"Planet Fuyunoyuki." Meow said into the microphone.
[Estimated arrival on Planet Fuyunoyuki is 3 days]
"What are you doing?" Adam asked Meow, slightly alarmed.
"Drill said there's a specialist there who knows about the Crystal Shadow Virus, and he knows about the cure."
Adam rolled his eyes. "Drill *also* said that he went missing seven years ago. Drill *also* said that his son and son-in-law went to find him but *never came back*."
"I'll find him." Meow said determinedly.
"And how are you going to do that?" Adam asked. "We don't have time to get side-tracked. If we mess up, it could mean the difference between life and death."

Meow felt her eyes fill with tears. She turned to look straight a head, so that Adam wouldn't see. She did this often, when she didn't want to accept the truth that Adam spoke.
"Not just the difference between life and death for your mother," Adam went on, "But for you too. I just think sticking to our original plan and going to the Moon Kingdom is the safer option."
Meow thought about it. "Maybe you're right. But didn't Drill say that there was only *one possible cure*? I mean, what if the only possible cure isn't actually the Silver Imperium Crystal? A chance to meet a doctor with that information is way too valuable to pass up."
"I suppose you're right about that, but going to a planet that people disappear from is dangerous, to say the least." Adam knew Meow was determined, but he was concerned for her safety, and made his next words hit hard. "If we die, there is no hope. For your mother, for our home, for anyone. If we take too long looking for a doctor that may no longer exist, the Queen could be dead before we get back."

"A compromise." Meow said. She has a strange smile on her face that Adam suspected was there to mask conflicting emotions.
"Explain." he demanded.
"We'll set a time limit. If we haven't made progress finding the doctor in three days of landing on planet Fuyunoyiki, we'll just give up and continue our journey to the Moon Kingdom."
"That's assuming we have the chance to make it off Fuyunoyuki..." Adam said gravely.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment