Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 9 - The City

Sailor Meow's adventures on Earth, as Pai. Emphasis on her friendship with Trinity(Sailor Sun), Aqua(Sailor Aquarius), Sally(Sailor Solace), Kairi(Sailor Star) and any other OC that wants to be included (just comment me).

Chapter 9 - The City

Chapter 9 - The City
Chapter 9 The City
Pai opened her eyes. She had landed on her right arm, and it ached as though it was broken. She gingerly picked herself up and looked around. She seemed to be in the ruins of an ancient city, in the middle of the town square to be exact, but none of the architecture seemed at all familiar. The city was vast, and all the buildings looked mostly the same, so with no idea which way to turn, she sat back down again, opened her bag and got out one of the books she had stolen from Mr. Black's desk, Mirrors and Their Powers. She flipped the book open to the first marked page, and began to read aloud to herself, "In many ancient cultures mirrors were believed to be gateways to other worlds..."

***

Aqua woke with a cough that hurt from her lungs all the way to her somach. She seemed to be alright, but she was lying in an ancient stone fountain, and the water smelled stale and rancid.
"Aqua!" Aqua turned to see Damian waving at her from the top of a small wooden construction, which looked like a kind of temporary stall used to shelter a horse, but it was lopsided and the wood was rotting.
"Thank god you're alright! But this thing's going to collapse any second."
Aqua slowly stood up and climbed out of the fountain. "Then get off it."
"Uh, well..." Damian looked embarrassed, "Could you help me? I think my leg's broken."

***

Sailor Sun and Sailor Solace talked quietly as they slowly walked between the low buildings and piles of stone. They were unhurt, but exausted.
"I can't keep this up." Sally moaned as she stopped to take several deep breaths.
"I know it's hard, but we should keep moving."
"Why? We don't even know where-"
"Hey!" Sailor Sun yelled excitedly, cutting Sailor Solace off. "Is that Kairi?" She pointed up ahead to a lone figure in the distance. She seemed to be short and thin, with a long plait.
"I think so... Kairi! Hey, Kairi!" Sailor Solace and Sailor Sun picked their way through the rubble, heading towards the figure.

***

Cerion picked herself up, and looked around. She seemed to be on the roof of a large stone building. It had gargoyles and other ornamental statues, so she guessed it must be a church of some sort. Lying on the ground a few feet away from her were the two girls from the bus stop. She walked over to the blond girl, and shook her awake.
"What were you doing in that shed?" Cerion asked as her eyes fluttered open.
"None of your business!" she pushed Cerion away from her, and looked around, frowning.
"Where are we?" The brunette asked from the ground. The two girls looked at Cerion. She shrugged.
"Well, we'd best find our way back." The blond girl said, helping her friend to her feet.
"I'm not going anywhere until you tell me who you are!" Cerion insisted.
"Fine, stay here by yourelf." The blond girl, made a running leap from the top of the church to the smaller building beside it, then another to the ground below. Her friend did the same. Cerion realised that she would be left alone in this enormous city, if she didn't follow the two girls, so she braced herself and began running towards the edge of the building.

***

Kairi stood at the top of the small hill overlooking the ruined city. She could hear faint echoes of familiar voices, drifting on the wind. Her friends must be in the city, she decided, but she was reluctant to set foot into the giant maze. If only she could make some kind of beacon, to show her friends where she was.
"Kairi!"
Kairi turned around quickly to see Pai standing before her. Kairi wrapped her arms around Pai.
"Oh! I thought I was all alone here!"
Pai smiled, "Kairi, I need those books and that mirror you took from Mr. Black's desk."
Kairi reached into her bag and handed Pai the books.
"And the mirror." Pai reminded her.
"Hold on, it's in here somewhere." Kairi rummaged through her bag.
"Hurry up!" Pai urged. "I don't have much time... Damn it!" Kairi took a step back as Pai dissolved into a smoky black shadow. In her place stood Mr. Black. "Give me that mirror!" He demanded.
Kairi slung her backpack over her shoulders and shouted, "Star Eternal Power!"
As she transformed, her backpack began to glow. It disappeared, leaving only the small mirror shard floating in the air.
"Give me that!" Mr. Black demanded, and a handful of red smoke appeard from his outstretched palm.
"No!" Kairi snatched the mirror out of the air and turned to face him.
'Take this! CELESTIAL EXPLOSION!"

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Starofwonder123 on August 12, 2009, 12:43:30 AM

Starofwonder123 on
Starofwonder123Dude, Kairi kicked some @$$ down there :D