Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 37 - An Old Enemy Returns (Pt.1)

On the first day of the new school year, Emi Ishida and her brother TK find the Digital World in danger all over again. With Azukia and Kari back from the old days and a collection of newbies, can they save the Digital World again?

Chapter 37 - An Old Enemy Returns (Pt.1)

Chapter 37 - An Old Enemy Returns (Pt.1)
Dawn broke slowly over the trees, letting rosey light into the clearing where the group was sleeping. Nekomon was curled up next to Azukia and the other digimon were sleeping around them. Only Gatomon and Veemon were up, listening to Davis' loud snores.
"Does Davis always snore like that?" Gatomon asked as she watched the sunrise.
"Every night." Veemon sighed.
"How do you sleep?"
"I don't."
As they stared at the sky, they saw five shapes flying away: Emi and Leodramon, TK and Pegasusmon, Tara and Mechaneodracamon, and Tentomon.
"I wonder where those guys are going." said Veemon.
******

"I still think we should have told the others before we left." Submarimon said. Ashi, Rikumon, and Cody were inside him, cutting through the river right below the twins.
"It might be none of my bee's wax, but why didn't you tell any of the others to come with us?" asked Tentomon.
"I didn't want to leave to leave Kari, Yolei, and Azukia alone anymore. Davis will understand." said TK.
"Um...wouldn't it have been better to bring him with us if their well-being is what you're worried about?" Emi pointed out.
"What? You think Davis is going to make a move on them? Please."
"Whatever you say, TK. Whatever you say."
"I'm just glad I'm not going to have to be the one to tell him." said Tentomon.
******

Kari, Ashlyn, Casey, and Yolei were now awake and moving about. Hawkmon was munching on an onigiri while Gatomon, Houndmon, and Puppymon looked at the communicator over Kari's shoulders.
"It says they've figured out where the Emperor's base is." Kari informed them.
"Impressive." said Ashlyn.
"I see." said Yolei. Casey shook her head. Azukia wasn't going to like that the group had split up.
******

"ARGH! I can't believe they all left without me!" Davis shouted.
"Oh, quit whining." Azukia snapped, "I'm here, aren't I?"
"And I'm here, too." Ashlee pointed out.
"No body wants to hang out with me." said Davis.
"Well, it could be your snoring." Veemon said.
******

"Is it finished yet, Master?" asked Wormon. They were in the screen room of the base. The Digimon Emperor was staring at the screen in front of him.
"Not quite." said the Digimon Emperor, "I still have a few minor details. Should he have four arms or six? Descions, Descions." He picked up a cup of tea and slurped noisly.
******

"We're getting an update from Kari." Izzy informed Tai and Matt.
We know where the Digimon Emperor is headed.

The boys were clustered around a picnic table at their campground. Izzy was in the middle, his yellow and white laptop in front of him. There was a large cabin a little off where they were staying.
"Do any of you know how to catch a fist?" Mr. Ishida called. He was on the bank of the river, looking morose. When no one answered, he muttered, "I wish I had a TV dinner."
******

Back in the real world, June was trying to find out where Matt was. She crossed a busy street with a crowd of people and began talking to herself:
"Okay, all I have to do is catch the bus to the campsite and Matt."
Minutes later, she saw on the bus. It honked loudly and with an exhalation of gas, pulled from the station.
"Wait!" June cried, running after it, "I want to ride the bus!"
******

"Do you think we should have told the other three we were leaving?" asked Yolei. She was Nefertimon, rising into the sky. Ashlyn was riding Goldenwolfmon, Casey was riding Gargoylemon, and Yolei was on her digimon.
"Davis won't like it." said Ashyln.
"They'll understand." Kari said.
******

"Why is everyone leaving?" Davis shouted. He was onboard Raidramon, who had to stop at the water's edge, "Is it my snoring?!"
"What happened to sticking together?" Azukia shouted after the disappearing shadows after she and Nigeriamon had trundled up to the shore, "Tai said to stay in a group!"
"Well, we probably would have just held them back." said Ashlee, once she and MetalCosmon had made it to the group. Seeing as Ashlee couldn't ride her digimon, it took her a bit longer, "We can't fly."
******

"We've been searching for hours and haven't seen a thing." said Pegasusmon.
"No sign of the Digimon Emperor." Leodramon agreed.
"And his ego should be able to be seen for miles." Tara pointed out.
"I'll check with Cody and see if they've seen anything." TK told them.
******

"What did TK say?" Submarimon asked.
"He says they haven't seen anything from up above." Cody answered.
"Well, we haven't seen much of anything, either." said Ashi.
"Except seaweed." Rikumon added.
"Maybe we should turn back." Submarimon said. It was then that Cody noticed something. The "rock" they were swimming past wasn't a rock. It looked like one, but had a metal circle on the bottom.
"What is that?" Cody asked.
"Let's dig in for a closer look." Submarimon suggested, swimming around it, "This thing is huge! It makes Texas look like Rhode Island. It has to be the Digimon Emperor's base."
"I'll let TK know we found it." Cody said, reaching for his communicator.
"Cody!" Ashi gasped, tugging on his sleeves and pointing at the rock. There was a large hole in the wall.
******

Found base. Will sneak in through underwater cave.
Cody

"Cody says they're going to try and sneak in through an underwater cave." TK told Emi, Leodramon, Pegasusmon, Mechaneodracamon, Tara, and Tentomon.
"That sounds kind of dangerous." Tentomon said, "Maybe they should wait."
"I know Cody doesn't mind the water as much now that he's got Submarimon, but he really needs to cool his jets." Emi remarked.
"TK, look." Pegasusmon said. TK looked down into the ocean. A massive whirlpool was starting to spin, the surface of the water churning.
"Oh no!" Tentomon gasped, "Cody, Ashi, and Rikumon will be sucked right in!"
******

"Hm. Looks like it's finally here." The Digimon Emperor said. A gridded map was on his screen and little symbol now filled one of the white boxes.
"What's here, master?" asked Wormon, "A new way to hypnotize your slaves?"
"No, you fool. You might call it a gateway into the source of the powers of darkness. But for simplicity's sake, let's just call it the Dark Pool. I think it's caused by an evil digimon, and if I can tap into it's powers then I'll have everything I need to complete my very own Digimon."
"Please, Master," Wormon implored, his blue eyes wet with unspilled tears, "Don't do it."
"What are you talking about?" The Digimon Emperor asked, turning slightly in his chair to glare at Wormon, "Of course I'll do it."
"But it feels like evil itself is coming from that dark pool. You can't feel it because you're not a digimon."
"Don't be ridiculous. I'm not going to stop my master plan because of a silly feeling of your's!"
"But on the evil scale one to ten, that dark pool is REALLY evil."
"Heh. Fine. Then you stay away from it. In the mean time, I've got things to do." He got up and strode towards the door. Wormon scuttled after him and grabbed his leg.
"Please don't ignore me."
"Oh, I'm sorry." Ken said, looking down at the green digimon, "How's this?!" He kicked Wormon, who skidded a few feet across the floor.
******

"A huge whirlpool?" Nefertimon asked. Kari and her group had apparently got the message, "And Cody, Ashi, Submarimon, and Rikumon are inside?"
"And we've got another Digi-Destined?" Goldenwolf growled.
"We've got to warn them." Kari said, "Try to tell them with D3."
******

The group of digimon, riders, and Tentomon were soon off. At that point, Kari e-mailed them back.
"Don't you think I've tried that already?" TK grumbled, "Something seems to be blocking the transmission."
"Well, we're here." Tentomon said, staring downward into the depths of the ocean, "We might as well do something."
"Tentomon's right." Mechaneodracamon said, "We're running out of time."
"You're right." said TK, "Hey...are you guys feeling okay?"
"Well, now that you mention it, I may be getting a bug, but other than that, I'm fine." Tentomon answered.
"I do feel a little...different." said Leodramon.
"There's certainly something amiss." Mechaneodracamon said.
"I am feeling a little strange," Pegasusmon admitted, "How about you, TK?"
"I'm not really sure..." TK said, trailing off and staring into the swirling chasm below. Somewhere near the end, it turned shadowy and dark. TK blanched, "I feel kinda weird."
******

Cody, Ashi, and their digimon were inside the base. They were now running up a very long set of winding stairs. Armadillomon was panting.
"I'm tired. Haven't they heard of escalators?" He demanded.
"I don't think the Death Star is SUPPOSED to have escalators." Rikumon said.
"We're not in Star Wars, you two." Ashi reminded them. She and Cody stopped at the first doorway. It had no door at all and was emitting some strange, pink-orange glow.
"Woah..." Cody said.
"My thoughts exactly." said Armadillomon.
"Are you sure we're not in Star Wars, Ashi?" Rikumon asked. In the middle of the room was an absoulte enormous metal object.
"It must be the engine room." Ashi said.
"I say we destroy this place once and for all." Armadillomon said.
"We will," Cody assured him, "But first we're going to look around."
"Alright. You're the boss."
"Hey...do you guys think it's kind of cold in here?" Rikumon asked suddenly.
"Now that you mention it, I am sorta chilly." Armadillomon said.
"I'm not particularly cold." Cody said. Ashi shook her head.
"That's weird. I just can't seem to warm myself up." Rikumon said, wrapping her wings as close as she could to her body.
"The chill of evil is in the air." Armadillomon said, rubbing one arm with the other.
******

"You know what this place needs? More window space." A large hole opened in what was apparently the front of the base and the Digimon Emperor's voice came floating through it. A line of windows was revealed. The Digimon Emperor was looking through them, Wormon by his feet.
"Please, Master," Wormon pleaded, "Why don't you ever listen to me? Okay, you never listen to me. But please, just this once, do what I ask? Don't do it."
"Hm...I'm sorry; I wasn't listening. Did you say something?"
The base began to move forward just as TK, Miyu, and Emi soared above it.
"Look!" Tentomon cried, "It's on the move!"
"And heading for the whirlpool." stated Pegasusmon.
"Oh no! Cody!"
******

"We're moving." Ashi said. They were now in a dark corridor lined with cages.
"Armadillomon, look." said Cody. He pointed at the cages. Inside were tons of digimon, all looking out at the two humans and their obviously tame digimon, "This place is like a prison."
"There's a Floramon and a Mushroomon!" Rikumon said.
"This must be the place where the Digimon Emperor keeps his slaves." Cody said, "I guess you guys didn't have a very good lawyer."
"So what are we gonna do about 'em?" asked Armadillomon.
"This is more important than the engine room." Cody said, "You two better Armor Digivolve and break the bars open."
"Now that's a good idea." said Rikumon.
"Digi-Armor...huh?" They stopped in the middle of their sentence, staring up at a tile in the ceiling. Instead of the green-grey stone the others were, it looked like it was made of...a whirlpool, "What is that thing?"
Rikumon and Armadillomon began to shiver again.
******

The Digimon Emperor chuckled. An arrow was pointed directly at the whirlpool symbol on his screen.
"Now. Into the Dark Whirlpool." He began to laugh like crazy and then suddenly stopped, "Oh, it's no that funny."
******

June had hitched a ride with a nice old couple with a nice red convertible.
"Thanks grandpa," June said from the back, "I can't believe they left without me.
"So, you're going camping?" June's grandmother asked, "That's nice. We used to do lots of camping, didn't we dear?"
"Yeah, until that time I used poison ivy intead of toilet paper."
******

"Davis what ARE you doing?" Azukia demanded as she watched Davis tilt his head as he stared at a palm tree for the seventh time in about three minutes.
"Thinking about how we could make a canoe out of this tree." Davis said.
"Great! How are we gonna do it?" Veemon asked.
"First we push this tree down," Davis demonstrated.
"I don't think-" Ashlee began. The tree fell foward with a clunk, "...that's going...to...work."
"A little too hard." said Nekomon.
"Beats a canoe!" Davis said, "Ah...smell that salt air!"
"Hey Davis?" Veemon said, "How come we're on land...and I'm see sick?"
******

The Digimon Emperor's massive base slid slowly out of the water to protrude from the edge of whirlpool.
"That's the biggest mobil home I've ever seen." Tentomon exclaimed, "It must be impossible to find parking."
"Come on guys!" TK said, "We've got to find the cave Cody and Ashi used to get in."
"They might be in trouble." Emi agreed.
Their digimon started the swift descent towards the headquarters. As they got closer and closer to the bottom, grey shapes began to rush around, moaning eerily.
"This place is evil!" Tara said, burying her face into her digimon's scarf, "What are those things?"
"Don't pay attention to them; they're just trying to scare you." said Mechaneodracamon, "They live in the dark whirpool and feed off fear." TK and Emi stared, memsmerized by the dark swirling.
"Don't look at it." Leodramon commanded. The twins blinked and looked away.
"Can I come sit with you?" Tentomon asked.
"Look! This has to be the cave!" TK said. Sure enough a black cave worked its way inside the rock shell of the Digimon Emperor's fortress. Without another word, the three Digi-Destined and their digimon went inside.
******

"Hm..." The Digimon Emperor said as he watched the whirlpool outside.
"Master, are you alright?" asked Wormon.
"Never better. Initiate the attack!"
Three mutated human-robots shot out of the base. The first one froze suddenly in the air and, screaming, plummeted to its death.
"What's going on?!" The Digimon Emperor demanded as the other two similarly fell out of sight, "They're gone! How'd that happen?! Sector A, report!...Sector B, come in! Sector C!...Where IS everybody?"
"They were never very good at spelling." Wormon sighed. The Digimon Emperor growled and spun around, marching towards the door, "Where are you going?"
"If you want something done right, do it yourself."
******

Digmon was drilling with all his might at the hinges of another cage. Mikarimon was slashing at the cell next to him with her massive sword. The dark corridor behind them was littered with barred doors.
"This one's stuck." Digmon complained. Then the door fell with a clank onto the stone floor, "Nevermind."
"Cody!" TK cried as he, Emi, and Tara ran towards him and Ashi.
"Hi guys." Cody said as they appeared, "I'm glad you're here. We were just setting these captive digimon free."
"Oh, why didn't you say so? That's my specialty." Tentomon said and then flew off to join Mikarimon and Digmon in blasting open the cells.
TK, meanwhile, had been staring at the tile in the ceiling through which the whirlpool outside could be seen, "I can just tell...there's something out there."
******

With a screech of metal against stone, the Digimon Emperor shot out of his base riding the last of his human-robot digimon. Once in the air, he fell towards the center.
"Master, please come back." Wormon pleaded over the intercom, "You don't know what's out there."
"Quiet!" The Digimon Emperor snapped.
******

The monitor now showed a black, horned man-like digimon with red eyes. TK blanched.
"Devimon?!"

Comments

Comments (9)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

shinypikachu2608 on October 17, 2008, 7:47:51 PM

shinypikachu2608 on
shinypikachu2608omg thats so kewl!

sailoraqua13 on October 7, 2008, 7:27:00 AM

sailoraqua13 on
sailoraqua13I loves it! Awsome update Straw-chan! ^U^

sailoraqua13 on October 2, 2008, 10:03:22 AM

sailoraqua13 on
sailoraqua13So AWSOME! I love it! ^U^

StrawChan on October 3, 2008, 6:16:16 AM

StrawChan on
StrawChanAqua-Chan?
I didn't update this...0_o

sailoraqua13 on October 3, 2008, 8:22:19 AM

sailoraqua13 on
sailoraqua13Well then, how come when I clicked on it it showed the update? I ain't lieing that it did! It said where you introduced Iwaku and everything!

StrawChan on October 3, 2008, 12:08:26 PM

StrawChan on
StrawChanNo, I'm pretty sure. All that was there last time.

sailoraqua13 on October 3, 2008, 1:40:19 PM

sailoraqua13 on
sailoraqua13...Weird...One of us must have lost our minds then! ^^U

shinypikachu2608 on September 19, 2008, 11:52:15 PM

shinypikachu2608 on
shinypikachu2608lawl- overflowing with friendliness. i can just imagine tk on a hill with rainbows and sparkles flowing bhind him and emi telling everyone to run before they are all engulfed.

StrawChan on September 20, 2008, 1:42:07 AM

StrawChan on
StrawChanI am going to have to draw that now.

shinypikachu2608 on September 20, 2008, 3:06:56 AM

shinypikachu2608 on
shinypikachu2608not before i do.

sailoraqua13 on September 19, 2008, 2:09:22 PM

sailoraqua13 on
sailoraqua13YEAH!!!!

sailoraqua13 on September 18, 2008, 7:36:45 AM

sailoraqua13 on
sailoraqua13Coolness I love it! ^U^ And I shall wait patiently! ^U^