Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 38 - An Old Enemy Returns (Pt.2)

On the first day of the new school year, Emi Ishida and her brother TK find the Digital World in danger all over again. With Azukia and Kari back from the old days and a collection of newbies, can they save the Digital World again?

Chapter 38 - An Old Enemy Returns (Pt.2)

Chapter 38 - An Old Enemy Returns (Pt.2)
(Warning: This chapter contians large amounts of TK BEING TOTALLY AWESOME)


Ignoring Devimon's warnings, the Digimon Emperor continued to siphon away the digimon's existance. All the while, he gloated to himself, "I'll take what I need from this digimon and my digimon will be complete!"
"Are you sure?"
"Huh?"
"Are you sure you can control the powers of darkness?"
"Alright, who are you?" The Digimon Emperor barked.
"I am here to warn you. Beware the darkness."
"Beware the darkness? Ha! I'm the Digimon Emperor. I rule this world and then some voice comes out of nowhere and tells ME to be beware the darkness? Who does he think he is?"
******

"Of all the digimon that are out there, why did it have to be Devimon?" TK asked, remembering some angst-ridden scene about when Devimon nearly destroyed Patamon which the author of this story is going to skip to save some time. The rest of the group had frozen and were staring at him.
Coming out of his memories, TK's face crumpled up into a glare. He violently reached up and grabbed his hat and then threw it to the ground.
"Are you okay?" Cody asked.
"I've got some unfinished business to take care of." TK answered shortly.
"Wha-?" Emi began, "No, TK wait."
"No, Emi, I will not wait." And TK started marching off.
"TK!" Patamon shouted, flapping after his friend. Without another word to Tara, Cody, or Ashi, Emi raced off after him.
"Where are they going?" Digmon asked.
"Maybe we should follow them." Piped up Canimon.
"Don't worry," Tentomon assured them, "Patamon will take care of TK. And Emi and Coronamon went with them. We need to keep working to save these digimon."
"You're right." Cody said, turning back to the group.
******

The Digimon Emperor returned to his base. Once inside, he headed directly to his darkened screen room.
"How could he not know who I was?" He muttered to himself, "I've told everybody." Suddenly a loud beeping alerted him to a breech in his security, "Well, what do you know? I have visitors. It's those kids. I don't have time to deal with those annoying brats right now."
"You sure have changed, master." Wormmon remarked, "You used to love trying to destroy the Digi-Destined. It was your favorite thing to do, next to putting holes in children's Christmas stockings."
"Bah! Humbug!" The Digimon Emperor's base began to move and the Digimon Emperor went back to work. On his screen appeared a convoluted mess of digimon, "Now for the final touch...there! My masterpiece is finally completed! Nothing can stop me now!"
******

June had fallen asleep in her grandparents' car.
"She sure can snore!" Her grandmother exclaimed.
"No louder than you." Her grandfather answered.
******

"Gee, Davis, the rest of the guys must be far ahead of us." Veemon said. He and Davis were standing up on the island while Ashlee and Ariamon were sprawled on their backs in the center of the island. Azukia and Nekomon were sitting at the edge on the end, feet in the water, apparently completely unaware of the tug from the current.
"Well, we're just going to have to go faster. I can't believe Ashlyn left without me!" Davis exclaimed.
******

"Yolei, do you think Davis is REALLY mad at us?" Kari asked as the four girls (minus Emi) rode through the air on their digimon.
"Nah, he's a pretty good sport." Yolei said.
"I hope so." Ashlyn murmured.
"Hey, look!" Casey shouted. An gigantic rock was slowly moving through the air towards them.
"It's headed right for us." Halsemon growled.
"Alright everybody. Get ready." Nefertimon called.
"Right!" Gargoylemon and Goldenwolfmon chorused.
******

"If I had known I'd be having this many guests, I would have cateered." The Digimon Emperor said. The four girls outside were shown on his monitor, digimon preparing for battle, "Oo! I can still give them a party favor. Go get 'em."
******

Two red eyes lit the cell in the deepest, darkest pit of the Digimon Emperor's base. A hole in the top opened up and the thing was lifted to towards it by the metal platform beneath its feet. Once close to the top, it sprang into the air, spreading its multitude of wings into the sky.
"Do you see what I see?" Yolei asked as she adjusted her glasses.
"What IS that thing?" Ashlyn stammered.
******

The mutated creature outside could be seen on the dugeon's screen. Cody, Tara and Ashi stared, dumbstruck.
"I've never seen a digimon like that before and I get all the knews from the underground!" Digmon said.
"Listen, guys." Tentomon said, "While those guys do battle with that creature, we can save the rest of the digimon here."
"Good point, Tentomon." Ashi said. She had Mikarimon looked at each and then nodded.
"I'll help." Canimon said.
"Let's go." Cody agreed.
******

The creature got closer. Once he was in range Hawkmon and Gargoylemon attacked.
"Tempest Wing!"
"Flare Breath!"
But both attacks were negated instantly on the digimon's helmet.
******

"That's why I picked Kabutarimon's head. They don't come anymore hard-headed." said the Digimon Emperor.
******

"Rosetta Stone!"
"Golden Thunder Slash!"
Nefertimon and Goldenwolfmon's attacks were dodged.
******

"And he's fast, with Airdramon and Angemon's wings!"
******

The girls screamed as the creature quickly flew behind them.
******

"Play time is over. Now it's my turn."
******

The digimon slung all its wait at the airborn digimon. As they dodged, Casey and Yolei were smacked by it's thick white, armored tail.
******

"Throw in Garurumon's legs and Monochromon's tail..."
******

Kari and Ashlyn dodged several arms, but were finally smashed downwards by one.
******

"I added Kuwagamon's, Skullgreymon's, and Devimon's arms. His body is Greymon's and I topped him off with Metalgreymon's hair. He's perfect! Where's my VCR? Oh, I wish I was taping this. Take a good look at him, Wormmon." He turned around to look at the little green worm, "Hmph! Not a scrawny runt like you."
******

Cody, Ashi, and Tara had managed to loose the rest of the digimon being held captive in the base. They had then found the entrance they had used to get into the cave and were allowing the digimon to climb onto the island below.
"That's the last of them." Tentomon said, "Now it's about time we got out of here, too."
"We can't leave TK and Emi here by themselves." Cody protested.
"That's right!" Tara said.
"They'll be fine." Ashi said, "First we've got to get these digimon to safety!"
Digmon and Mikarimon grabbed their partners and lept carefully to the ground. Tara nodded to her rookie-formed digimon and both jumped off the edge.
******

"Come on, TK!" Emi said as she ran after her brother down the dimly lit corridor, "Can't you do this later? We need to be getting out of here."
"Yeah, don't be so stubborn!" Patamon called. TK ignored them and continue walking sedatly down the hall, face set in a grim line. Emi opened her mouth again to say something, but the twins stopped moving as a shadow appeared on the floor in front of them.
It was the Digimon Emperor.
"I don't remember sending you two an invitation." He said, "I must admit, you have a lot of nerve, sneaking into the base of the most powerful being in the Digital World."
TK growled and then abrubtly bust out laughing. Emi raised both eyebrows, not understanding at all why her brother had turned into a compelte head case.
"What's so funny?!" The Digimon Emperor demanded.
"Let me ask you something, Ichijouji." TK said, not laughing any longer. Coronamon and Emi exchanged bemused looks, "Don't you think its time you gave up on this little charade? It's getting old."
Emi's mouth fell open. In her entire life, she could not remember TK ever mouthing off to anyone. Patamon had settled on her head and he, too, looked shocked.
"You say you're the most powerful being in the Digital World. Yet you have no idea about the powers that are here. You're a pretender. You're like that story "The Emperor's New Clothes."
Emi couldn't take it anymore. Her brother was being, for lack of better word, awesome. She looked at the Digimon Emperor and then back to her brother and then started to shake with mirth. Patamon and Coronamon looked at her questioningly. The Digimon Emperor growled.
"YOU'RE NOBODY! NOT LIKE ME! YOU WILL BOW DOWN BEFORE ME!"
"Sorry," TK said with a cool smile, "The floor is kinda of dirty."
"OMIGOSH!" Emi shouted, unable to contain herself, "GO TK!"
"YOU WILL LISTEN TO ME!" The Digimon Emperor shouted. He unleashed his whip, which careened into TK's face. Emi stopped laughing, worried, but TK didn't even flinch. Emi, Patamon, and Coronamon gasped. TK, still staring straight at the Digimon Emperor, slowly rubbed the red spot on his cheek. Then he looked at the blood on his hand.
"Hm. If you can't think of anything to say, do you always resort to fighting?"
"...I...guess..."
"That's your problem. You don't know when to talk and you don't know when to fight. Now's a good time to talk." The Digimon Emperor frowned. He looked uncertain.
"On the other hand..." TK said, smiling broadly, "It's also a good time to fight." And that was when TK threw himself foward and punched the Digimon Emperor in the face.
******

The group of four girls and joined up with Cody, Ashi, and Tara. Their digimon depostited them on the small island and then soared off again.
"Be careful!" The four girls shouted. Tentomon flew off with them and was nearly fried by the mutated digimon the Digimon Emperor had released.
******

TK had gotten down next to the Digimon Emperor, preparing to strike again. Then the entire base shook and in the confusion, the Digimon Emperor got up. He managed to grab his discarded whip and once again tried to hit TK with it. This time, however, TK grabbed it before it hit his face.
Coronamon, Patamon, and Emi were on the floor, watching. They had somehow managed to get a large tub of popcorn and were davouring it as they eagerly watching the fight.
"Hey!" The Digimon Emperor shouted. TK let go of the whip and ran at him, tackling him to the ground once more.
******

"Tempest Wing!"
"Cat's Eye Beam!"
"Golden Thunder Slash"
"Flare Breath!"
"They had no effect." Halsemon said as he dodged the swiping arms. He and Goldenwolf were smashed by another pair once again and crashed into the base far below.
******

Wormmon found TK straddling his master in rather awkward position. "Oh no." He murmured to himself and began to make his way towards them, "Sticky Net!"
"I don't think so!" Patamon shouted, "Boom Bubble!"
"How come we're not doing anything, Emi?" Coronamon asked, grabbing another handful of popcorn.
"Because sometimes it's more fun watching." Emi said as Wormmon went sailing into the air, "When was the last time you saw TK and Patamon being so awesome?"
"Wanna fight?" Patamon asked, landing on the ground near his foe.
"Actually, I'd rather have a staring contest."
******

"Halsemon, Goldenwolfmon, let's get out of here." Nefertimon said as she and Gargoylemon managed to help them off just as the evil digimon started its attack. The blast shot through the base and made a hole in the room where TK and Emi were.
"What?" TK and Emi asked, turning together to look at the gaping hole, "What is that thing?"
"Didn't I tell you?" The Digimon Emperor asked from beneath TK, "I have a new pet. He's Chimeramon, a secret weapon that's not a secret anymore. Don't worry if you didn't get a good look. You'll see him up close and person real soon."
******

Outside, Chimeramon had each digimon in one of his hands.
******

"TK?" Patamon asked.
"Emi, if you will." said Coronamon.
"Right!" The twins said with a nod, "Digi-Armor Energize!"
"Patamon Armor Digivolve to...Pegasusmon, Flying Hope!"
"Coronamon Armor Digivolve to...Leodramon, the Flame of Compassion!"
Emi and TK boarded their digimon and began to fly out the hole.
"Hey, Ken," TK said, "Remind me where we left off and next time I'll pummle you into oblivion."
"And next time, I want a slice of that action." Emi said, "Remember, I owe you one!"
"...Master?" Wormmon asked, scuttling up to the Digimon's Emperor side. He sat up and sat in silence for a few moments.
"I guess I'm not as cool as I think I am."
"Off day, hm."
"It's time for me to regroup and come back stronger than ever..." The Digimon Emperor said, walking off.
******

"Aqua Steed!"
"Sky Fire!" Pegasusmon and Leodramon released Nefertimon and Halsemon.
"Mecha Cannon!" It was Tara and Mechaneodracamon, soaring to the rescue. The attack saved Goldenwolfmon and Gargoylemon.
"Chimeramon stopped moving!" TK said, "Let's take this chance to get out of here."
******

"Here TK," Cody said, holding up the bunched up white hat TK had discarded earlier, "I didn't want anyone to step on it."
"That's okay. I have six others just like it- one for each day of the week." TK said, taking the hat.
The two seperate groups had now found each other.
"Man!" Davis said, "I'm all ready to fight and it's already over! I wish we had gotten here, sooner."
"Anyway!" Emi called ,"Let's all here for it TK for totally showing the Digimon Emperor who's boss!"
"Yeah, TK!"
******

The campsite was empty. June frowned, looking at the collection of lights across the lake.
"Are you sure we're at the right campsite?" She asked her grandparents.
"Guess they must have told you the wrong one." Her grandmother laughed.
"Why would Matt give me the wrong campsite." June asked tearfully to herself, "Could it be...he doesn't want me around?"
"Ah, she's just as sharp as Davis." Her grandfather sighed.

Comments

Comments (6)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

shinypikachu2608 on October 25, 2008, 12:11:27 AM

shinypikachu2608 on
shinypikachu2608lol just as smart as davis.

sailoraqua13 on October 24, 2008, 8:45:07 AM

sailoraqua13 on
sailoraqua13Awsome! ^U^

sailoraqua13 on October 23, 2008, 8:22:56 AM

sailoraqua13 on
sailoraqua13I love it! ^U^

shinypikachu2608 on October 22, 2008, 2:28:53 AM

shinypikachu2608 on
shinypikachu2608that be it?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
*grabs your legs and stops you from leaving*
YOU SHALL NOT ESCAPE UNTILL ANOTHER 1000 WORDS HAVE BEEN TYPED DOWN AND SUBMITTED TO THIS ACURSED SITE!
By the by, ashlee can actually ride on metalcosmon by sitting on her shoulder.

StrawChan on October 22, 2008, 6:56:35 AM

StrawChan on
StrawChanXD
Sorry, I had to get off.

And then my dad needed to computer until WAY late for his job.

Maybe tonight, but I have an Economics Test tomorrow.

sailoraqua13 on October 21, 2008, 9:14:03 AM

sailoraqua13 on
sailoraqua13Wow, I like it! ^U^