Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 40 - The Darkness Before Dawn (Pt.2)

On the first day of the new school year, Emi Ishida and her brother TK find the Digital World in danger all over again. With Azukia and Kari back from the old days and a collection of newbies, can they save the Digital World again?

Chapter 40 - The Darkness Before Dawn (Pt.2)

Chapter 40 - The Darkness Before Dawn (Pt.2)
My thoughts at getting to chapter 40:

Wow. I've written a lot.

And yet nobody reads this.


He hovered inches above the ground, growling at the teenagers below. Then a swarm of Bakemon joined him.
"MORE Bakemon?" Davis shouted, "What does he do, buy them by the dozen?"
"Yeah," Tara laughed, "The Bake-r's dozen."
"I can't believe it. We were almost to the engine room." TK said.
"Davis," Raidramon growled, "You and the others go and hide."
"Huh?"
"Kimeramon is really strong," said Gargoylemon, "It's going to take all of us to fight him and it might get really messy."
"I agree," Metalcosmon said, "You need to stay clear, Ashlee."
"Well, okay..." Ashlee said as she got off Metalcosmon's shoulder.
"Don't worry, Kari," Nefertimon said.
"I'll try." Kari answered.
"Save us some snacks for when this is all over." said Digmon.
"Let's go, guys." Tara announced. All of them jumped off of their digimon, except for Azukia who's digimon still hadn't managed to catch up with them.
"We can hide over here!" She called. After they had seen the last of their partners backs, the digimon growled and launced into action. Seeing this, the Bakemon started to attack.
"Blue Thunder!"
"Golden Thunder Slash!" Raidramon and Goldenwolfmon electrocuted their group.
"Galaxy Blast!" Metalcosmon shouted as she got rid of her attackers.
"Eagle eye!"
"Mecha Cannon!"
"Flare Breath!" Halsemon, Mechaneodracamon, and Gargoylemon took care of the ghosts headed their way. The kids peered around the collection of boxes, watching the battle as it progressed.
"Sky Fire!"
"Queen Paw!"
"Mane Wind!" Leodramon, Nefertimon, and Pegasusmon shot down those in front of them.
"Alright!" Davis and Ashlyn cheered. They looked at each other. Davis grinned at the blonde girl who turned pink and turned away.
"Look!" Cody shouted, pointing to a swirling group of Bakemon headed their direction.
"Gold Rush!" Digmon sent a cascade of drills their direction.
"Fatal Swipes!" Moving so quickly she was nearly invisible, Kiswanimon took out several Bakemon on her own.
"Azukia!" Nekomon skidded onto the scene, "Need some help?"
"Sure we could! Digi-Armor Energize!"
"Nekomon Armor Digivolve to...Nigeriamon, the Tigress of Harmony!" Nekomon digivolved and ran into the swarm of Bakemon, "Harmony Lash!"
"Great job! Thanks you guys!" Ashi squealed.
"Don't mention." The three digimon said.
The nine that had not just saved the kids leapt towards Kimeramon.
"Heat Viper!" A bright light filled his mouth and shot their way. The undeafted Bakemon in front of it were hit dissolved into nothing. The nine digimon were, although not hit, thrown backwards by the intensity of the heat. Even Digmon, Kiswanimon, and Nigeriamon were slammed into the ground.
"He's so powerful!" Casey gasped.
"And they weren't even hit!" Azukia cried.
"He doesn't care who he hits," TK said, "He's completely out of control!"
******

"Master, at this rate, you'll destroy the whole base." Wormmon said as they watched the confrontation over the screens.
"I don't care!" The Digimon Emperor snapped.
******

"Thunder Blast!"
"Mecha Cannon!"
"Gold Rush!"
"Fatal Swipes!"
"Golden Thunder Slash!"
"Flare Breath!"
"Harmony Lash!"
"Sky Fire!"
"Tempest Wing!"
"Star Shower!"
"Rosetta Stone!"
Each attack hit Kimeramon's chest at the exact same time.
"We did it!" Davis cheered.
"I wouldn't be so sure," Emi warned. The dust cleared and there was Kimeramon- just as before. There was not a single scratch on him.
"Oh, we are so screwed." said Tara.
"It had no effect!" Kari gasped.
"That's impossible!" Casey shouted.
"Now what?" asked Ashi, "What else can we do?"
"There's nothing we can do right now except watch," TK said with a grimace.
"Heat Viper!" Kimeramon shot several attacks, one after the other, at his foes. The walls and ceiling began to crumble.
"They can't take much more," Ashlee said worriedly, "He'll destroy them!"
"I've got that shrikin' feeling," Digmon groaned right before de-digivolving into Oompamon. Beside him, Kiswanimon became Rishumon once more.
Halsemon became Hawkmon, Mechaneodracamon became Chibimon. Shortly after, Goldenwolfmon became Puppymon and Nigeriamon became Nyamon. Gargoylemon became Houndmon, Raidramon became Demiveemon. Leodramon became Sunmon and Metalcosmon became Ririmon while Nefertimon became Gatomon and Pegasusmon became Patamon.
******

"Wait a minute..." The Digimon Emperor said, squinting at the screens, "Those little digimon...I've seen them before. Now I remember! It was at that soccor game...where I first met those kids. They're so...little."
"That's right," Wormmon said gently, "They're just like human babies."
"What? I never thought of it before. Human babies?" He sighed, then barked, "Kimeramon! Stop!"
******

The Kimeramon on screen took one last, halting step, and then froze.
"He stopped moving!" TK called.
"What's going on?" Davis demanded.
"Now's our chance!" Azukia commanded, "Let's get our digimon and retreat."
Each child snatched up their unconcious digimon and pelted from the room.
******

"I'll deal with those kids on my own." The Digimon Emperor told Wormmon as he strode away from the screens.
"Master?"
******

"Let's get out of here." TK said. He was standing up in between the shelter they had taken in between the stacks of boxes.
"You mean leave?" Davis asked.
"No, he means stay." Emi snapped, craddeling Sunmon in her arms.
"Our plan didn't work because our digimon weren't strong enough." TK continued.
"They're plenty strong!" said Tara, "Just not strong enough to beat Kimeramon."
"And that's not their fault." Casey murmured, petting the top of Houndmon's head, "Sometimes you just have to fall back, come up with a new plan, and try agian."
"Besides, they don't have enough strength to keep going." Kari said.
"I don't want to give up," Ashi said quietly, "But I don't want to keep going if Rishumon will get hurt."
"I'm with TK." Cody concurred.
"Well I'm not!" Davis nearly shouted.
"Wha?"
"Look guys. We can't just give up and leave now. We might not ever get a chance like this again. And how do we know Kimeramon won't start attacking again. Come on, he's just standing there like a big, ugly stuffed animal. Let's finish what we came here to do!"
"It's impossible," said Kari.
"Kari's right." Azukia said, nodding.
"Look around you," Yolei said, "Most of our digimon are in their In-Training forms."
"We didn't mean to..." Demiveemon said.
"I just can't forget what happened," Davis explained, "We had to sit around as this mix-and-match monster destroyed everything. It didn't matter who got in his way. I don't know about the rest of you, but I can't stand by and let that happen again. And if none of you are going in with me, then I'm going in alone, 'cause I refuse to give up until this thing is completely destroyed once and for all."
Silence followed this speech and the Demiveemon climbed to the top of Davis' frizzy head.
"I'm going with you Davis!"
"Are you sure?"
"Do you even have to ask."
"I'm coming, too." Ashlyn said, standing up and brushing off her skirt, "Davis is right. It might be hard, but it's too important NOT to try."
"I'm comign with you, Ashlyn." said Puppymon.
"You guys sure?" Davis asked. The two girls nodded, "Alright! Then let's go!" Then they ran to the other side of the room, and, using a pulley, dropped to the level below. Both missed the ledge leading to the engine room, but Davis managed to grab on. Ashlyn yelped and clutched at his ankle.
"Maybe this wasn't a good idea." said Davis.
Back with the rest of the group, they all stood up.
"Well, guess it's our turn." TK said.
"Yeah." Tara cried, "If Davis thinks he's going to take all the credit, he's gonna have to think again."
"That boy would take credit for inventing the wheel." Azukia sighed. They began to run past Kimeramon's motionless body.
"Kimeramon!" The Digimon Emperor's voice came across the room, "Don't let them get away!"
"It's the Digimon Emperor!" Casey gasped. They stared, transfixed, at Kimeramon who slowly turned his head their way and rose into the air.
"Kimeramon! Where are you going?" The Digimon Emperor demanded as the Digimon soared out of the base, "Kimeramon!"
The laughter started again. The Digimon Emperor's pupils dialated in fear.
"What's that weird voice?" Ashlee asked.
"Ken? What's wrong? Ken?" Wormmmon asked. The Digimon Emperor had fallen to the ground and was shaking so hard that he could not get up.
"Leave me alone." The Digimon Emperor stammered.
"Ken must have tried to control the powers of Darkness." Emi said, "But it must have been too much for him."
"Okay everybody!" TK said, turning to the space behind them, "We need to get to the engine room and destroy it."
******

Davis heaved himself onto the thin walkway with Demiveemon straddling his head. Then he turned around and helped Ashlyn and Puppymon up.
"Next time YOU climb and I'll sit on your head." Davis told Demiveemon.
"Hey, that looks like the engine room." Ashlyn said, pointing to the center of the room.
"Great! Let's go." Davis said. The pair of them ran to it, but skidded to a halt when Wormmon leapt in front of them, "Get out of the way!"
"We know who you are." Ashlyn said gently, "And we don't want to hurt you."
"Speak for yourself." Puppymon breathed.
"This way." Wormmon said as he turned around. Davis and Ashlyn exchanged dubious glances, "The engine room is this way."
"Do we look stupid to you?" Davis demanded, "Wait. Don't answer that. This is some kind of trap." Wormmon turned back to them.
"No. Listen, you have to believe me. This isn't a trap. I'm trying to save my Master. He created this awful digimon, Kimeramon, and now he can't control it anymore. I'm afraid things have gone too far and I'm losing him. I hope that if you destroy this place, I'll be able to get him back. I'm willing to help you if you'll help me. What do you say? Is it a deal."
Davis looked to Ashlyn, who smiled, "I believe him."
"Alright," Davis shrugged, "We'll do it."
"You will?" Wormmon asked.
"Sure." Ashlyn said, nodding.
"I'm not as big of a jerk as people think." Davis added.
"Really, you're not?" Wormmon asked, "Thanks. Come on!" Once they made it to the metal fixture in the center, a door slid open.
"Do feel that?" Demiveemon asked, "It's like the whole room is filled with energy."
"What do you think it is?" Ashlyn asked.
"I don't know," said Puppymon, "But I think it's coming from that black thing."
In the center of the roon, a large block of what appeared to be charcoal was sitting on a pedastal.
"What is that thing?" Davis asked.
"Ken found it," Wormmon explained, "Somehow the power from it is making this base move."
"Okay, so all we have to do is take it and the base won't be able to keep moving." Davis said, "We'll never be able to lift it." But just as he said that, the thing moved eerily upwards and then the entire base went black.
******

"The power source!" The Digimon Emperor gasped, still struggling to get up. The rest of the Digi-Destined were running along the halls, but stopped when the base went dark.
"Wait to go Davis!" Azukia and Kari exclaimed.
******

"I've got a weird feeling about this." Davis said. Then beams of light began to shoot out of the power source.
"What's going on?" Ashlyn asked, sheilding her eyes from the golden light that was now filling the room. The two digimon dropped to the ground.
"Guys, look at that!" Demiveemon cried, pointing up at the object. He was covered in the light and then, where he had been seconds before, Veemon stood.
"You Digi-Volved! How?!" Davis gasped. The room around them dissolved and yet the egg was still hovering a foot above the two kids' heads. It was gold now, "I've never seen anything like it!"
"Me neither." said Veemon.
"Aw, man. It looks like a golden digi-egg!" The block of gold floated forward and bobbed in between Ashlyn and Davis.
"It looks like it wants us to Digivolve." Puppymon said.
"Think you two can handle it?" Davis asked.
"Oh yeah!" Veemon exclaimed.
"Golden Armor Energize!" Davis and Ashlyn shouted.
"Veemon Golden Armor Digivolve to...Mangnamon!"
"Puppymon Golden Armor Digivolve to...Harmonimon!"
Harmonimon was a tall human woman clad in gold, strapless dress. She had a thick, solid gold head band with wings sprouting out of it, and golden armor on her arms and legs. She had two light blue wolf ears sticking out of her waist length blonde hair and a long, ice-blue wolf tail. She also had light blue eyes and two feathery wings.
Magnamon looked a lot like Flamdramon, only he was covered in golden armor and had a golden mask over his face and didn't have a tail.
"The balance of power...has shifted."

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

sailoraqua13 on October 28, 2008, 12:42:40 PM

sailoraqua13 on
sailoraqua13Wow...THANK YOU WHAT A GREAT SURPRISE! ^U^

shinypikachu2608 on October 27, 2008, 9:51:55 PM

shinypikachu2608 on
shinypikachu2608kewl!
and for the record, me and aqua still read it.

sailoraqua13 on October 27, 2008, 12:34:02 PM

sailoraqua13 on
sailoraqua13Oh, man! It must be continued soon! *Is jumping up and down repeatedly*

sailoraqua13 on October 27, 2008, 7:18:55 AM

sailoraqua13 on
sailoraqua13Oh, how sad! Poor digimon! T_T