Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 44 - Davis Cries Wolfmon (Pt.2)

On the first day of the new school year, Emi Ishida and her brother TK find the Digital World in danger all over again. With Azukia and Kari back from the old days and a collection of newbies, can they save the Digital World again?

Chapter 44 - Davis Cries Wolfmon (Pt.2)

Chapter 44 - Davis Cries Wolfmon (Pt.2)
(You know, in the non-dubbed version of this, Tortomon gets mad at Davis and Veemon because they saw him urinating.

It kind of makes more sense that way.)


They screamed as the large, strangely patched and antler-ed bear came their way.
"That digimon needs a new tailor!" Davis shouted. They clutched each other.
"And he'll have a hard time finding glasses!" Veemon added.
"Look out a monster!" Davis cried. Veemon didn't seem to notice that Davis was smiling. Davis pushed his digimon forward and than ran the other way, "You've got save us! Try to digivolve into a champion!"
Veemon began spinning in place very rapidly, "Veemon digivolve to..." he got too dizzy to complete his sentrence and stumbled into Davis' arms.
"Can we stop now, Davis?" asked the "monster". Veemon looked questioningly up at it and it continued, "It's getting really hot in here."
"Yeah, I guess so." Davis sighed, "Nice job guys."
"Thanks Davis. Everybody out!" The bear-thing leaned forward and it's fell to the ground as the rest of it ripped at the seams as a large collection of slug-digimon and vegiemon came tumbling out of it.
"Aw, you ripped your costume. And it was really good, too." said Davis.
"Bye!" The digimon said, waving as they left the forest clearing. As soon as they were gone, Davis turned to Veemon:
"This is all your fault. Why couldn't you have just digivolved to a champion? I never would have had to trick you!" Veemon angrily chopped a stalk of bamboo in half.
"You tried to trick me!" He snapped. Davis took a step backward and then started to run.
"Well, you usually digivolve when you're scared!" He explained as his digimon chased him through the bamboo forest and over a bridged, "Come on, Veemon! You're slower than the US mail! I bet your champion form runs faster than you do."
Davis paused on the bridge and watched his digimon run towards it. Grinning slyly, Davis snapped the rope tieing the bridge. He shook the brigde with all his might, "Veemon! Help me!"
"Davis! Hold on!" Veemon threw himself forward, but tripped. His side of the bridge shattered and Davis began to sail away. Veemon leapt forward and managed to catch onto Davis' ankle as he slammed into the wall.
"Veemon! You've got to digivolve!"
"Veemon...digivolve..." This time, he lost his grip and went falling into the water below before he could finish his sentence. Shortly after, Davis fell in, too. As he struggled to keep his head above the water, Veemon managed to stammer, "Is this another trick?!"
"I would never do something like that!" Davis said inbetween breaths.
Once they had both washed up on the shore, Veemon continued:
"Why did you want me to digivolve into a champion?"
"Well, I thought that maybe Ashlyn would like me more," Davis said with a sigh, "I mean, she grew up on stories of the old guys. Her sister was one, and we've already seen Nekomon AND Patamon do it."
"That's silly. Puppymon wouldn't like me better if YOU could digivolve."
"Well, it couldn't hurt. She doesn't like you now."
"Hey, that's not nice. I really wish you wouldn't rub it in." Davis stood up and stretched his hand towards Veemon. The little blue digimon took it and got to his feet.
"Okay." Davis sighed. They both looked up at a clatter from above. It was a rock slide, "Run Veemon!" Davis himself took off.
"This isn't another one of your tricks to get me to digivolve to the champion level, is it?"
"No! This time it's for real! Run!" Veemon did as he was told just in time- an enormous boulder would have flattened him if he had stayed there a moment longer. The boulder chased the pair all along the shore line.
Along the way, they nearly ran into a Tortomon. Growling, he slashed at them, but they were already gone. He caught the boulder on his head and directed it to his back, where it broke into several smaller rocks.
"That was close." Said Veemon.
"It's a good thing he was there to block it." Davis agreed, "You were great, pal." Tortomon turned his head towards them and roared, "Uh, this guy looks pretty angry."
"I'd be angry, too, if I had a boulder come at me like that."
"Well we didn't throw it!"
"He doesn't know that."
"I'll just explain it to him and everything will be fine! Listen, you seem like a reasonable fellow; let me tell you what happened." Tortomon growled.
"Smooth move. Hey- how do I know that's not some digimon in disguise trying to scare me?" Tortomon stood up and continued to growl, "Nevermind!"
Together, Veemon and Davis ran off with Tortomon in hot pursuit.
******

"Let me get this straight:" Casey sighed, "Davis is trying to trick Veemon so he'll digivolve to the champion level?"
"Why does he always have some harebrained scheme?" Kari asked, shaking her head. Their group was speaking to the vegiemon and slug-digimon that were gathered together on a stack of logs. Just then, they heard screaming.
It was Veemon and Davis, running as fast as they could.
"What the matter?" Ashlee asked, not really looking very concerned. The two boys stopped and panted heavily.
"You guys look like you've seen a monster," TK remarked. Then something roared. Somehow, they had time to explain the situation before the Torotmon caught up.
"So you think that this tortomon is mad at you because he thinks you threw a boulder at him?" Azukia asked. Davis and Veemon nodded.
"Why don't you guys just explain the situation to him?" asked Kari.
"Start with Davis' lame plan and end with saying you're sorry." Gatomon said.
"We tried that already." said Veemon.
"'Course, if Veemon would just digivolve to the champion level (A/N: Anyone else getting sick of them saying that?) in the first place, none of this would have ever happened."
"Again with the digivolving thing?" Tortomon came stampeding into the clearing. Davis and Veemon pelted away, but the rest of the group and their digimon hid behind the logs.
"Should we help them?" Kari asked, once it was safe to come out.
"Nah." said TK.
"But how do we know if they'll be okay?"
"Somehow, Davis always lands on his feet." Nekomon said.
"Besides, I don't think Tortomon is that angry with them anyway." said Houndmon.
******

Thus followed quite a lot of running. They ran past the city where Ashi and Cody were teaching the rabbit digimon kendo while Tara and the digimon watched on.
"Cody! Ashi!" Davis shouted.
"Hey, what's the big hurry?" Cody asked.
"We need help!" They hid behind the two younger kids. Ashi and Cody raised their sticks to repel the Tortomon but decided running off would be a better course of action. And off Veemon and Davis ran again.
They ran past where Yolei and Hawkmon were taking a break.
"Yolei! Hawkmon! Help!" Veemon cried. Yolei and Hawkmon weren't much help either. So they continue running.
"Davis, please tell me this is another trick!" Veemon said as they ran up the winding path to the top of a mesa.
"Do you really think I'm smart enough to think up something like this?"
"Good point!"
"What?!" Apparently Emi and Ashlyn had decided to go looking for their lost member and had thought that the mesa would be a good way to spot them.
"No time to talk! Being chased!" Davis shouted, but it was the end of the road. They skidded to a halt at the edge. The girls clutched at each other as the Tortomon glared at them.
"Hold on!" Davis exclaimed, "Let me just say one thing! I have one final reques.
"What are you doing Davis?!" Emi hissed.
"Sush! I've always considered myself a very clean person-"
"Good thing he's never seen your room!" Veemon snapped.
"Before you destroy us, could you do me a favor? Would you mind washing your hands?" Tortomon looked at his hands and backed to the kids and growled.
"I don't think he's buying the whole germ thing!" Veemon said. He was right. Tortomon stood up and then slashed at the group in front of them. They scattered, children to one side, digimon to another. Tortomon decided to chase Ashlyn.
"Ashlyn!" Puppymon shouted.
"Oh no!" Davis cried, "She's going to get hurt and it's all my fault! Veemon, teach this guy some mannters!" Light burst from all three kid's digivices.
"Veemon digivolve to...ExVeemon!"
"Puppymon digivolve to...Dogmon!"
"Coronamon digivolve to...Firamon!"
ExVeemon was a lot taller than Veemon and had a lot longer of a tail. He had silver dragon-like wings sprouting from his back, and a blade coming out of his nose. He also had a large silver "X" emblazoned on his chest.
Dogmon looked like a human woman with light blue dog paws, silver-y claws, and two ice blue pointed dog ears coming out of her blonde hair. She was wearing silver shoulder plates with the Crests of Integrity and Harmony carved into them, a gold shirt with a silver star engraved on it, a silver skirt, and golden boots. She also was wearing a golden mask that covered her entire face and had two silver straps connecting it to the stop of her head.
Firamon was the only familiar one. He was a large deep orange-brown lion on all fours and had a golden mane. Two orange wings jutted out from his back and he had metal plates on his forehead, tail, and ankles that had flames coming out of them.
"Emi!" Firamon called, swooping towards her. Emi grinned, happy to see her champion digimon again. He landed and Emi climbed onto his back, after which he flew her to saftey.
"ExVeemon! You did it!" Davis exclaimed.
"Dogmon!" was all Ashlyn could say.
Dogmon and ExVeemon threw themselves at the Tortomon. Roaring, he smashed them with his head and both fell to the ground. He stomped on Dogmon, but ExVeemon turned to his side and shouted;
"ExVeemon Punch!" And kicked (A/N: No. Really.) the Tortomon off his friend. Dogmon smiled her thanks and stood up.
"Midnight Claws!" Her claws became covered in what looked like dark energy. She took a running leap at the tortomon and slashed him with all her might. Tortomon fell, sprawling on the ground. ExVeemon clasped the digimon's tail and spun him round and round above his head and then let go. Tortomon went flying and hit the ground, but got up and turned towards them. The spikes on his back started to glow.
"Stone Cannon!" The spikes went sailing towards Dogmon and ExVeemon. ExVeemon punched each out of the way. The Tortomon ran at them, but they both jumped over him. At the last, ExVeemon crossed his arms over his chest and then flung them outward.
"ExVee-Laser!" An enormous X flew out of chest and hit Tortomon, who went flying off the cliff. Ashlyn, Dogmon, Davis, and Veemon looked down.
"Spinning Attack!" Tortomon began to spin rapidly.
"Ahhh!" They screamed.
"I can watch!" Davis said, covering his eyes.
"Wait!" said Ashlyn, "I hear...splashing?"
They looked down again. Tortomon was laughing and cleaning his hands in the river. Then, still laughing, he went on his way. Davis looked at Ashlyn and grinned. She smiled back, but then looked down and twiddled with her fingers.
"Wow, that was really cool, Davis, but..." She began, "Why would you go to all that trouble to save me?" Davis looked startled and then a bit a pink. He rubbed the back of his head.
"Oh well...I guess it's because...I like you." Ashlyn started and turned a deeper shade of red.
"You mean like a friend," she said, "You like Kari."
"Actually,.." Davis sighed hestitantly, "I did. At first. And I continued pretending to so you wouldn't find out. I mean, a girl like you wouldn't like a guy like me."
"I've liked you for just about ever." Ashlyn said quickly, "I didn't think a guy like you would like a girl like me."
"Huh? Why not?"
"Well, I'm just so...quiet...and...shy."
"But that's why I like you. Wait- did you just say you liked me?" Ashlyn nodded.
"Hey, you two!" Came Emi's cross voice from above, "Can you get a move on? I'd like to find the others. It's getting late!"
"Sorry!" Davis laughed and then took Ashlyn's hands, "Come on. Let's go."
******

"Hey everybody!" Davis called as they neared the rest of the group. He was riding on ExVeemon's shoulder while Ashlyn walked near Dogmon, "I'd like you to meet ExVeemon!"
"And this is Dogmon!" Ashlyn added.
"I've always been fond of both Veemon and Puppymon," said Cody, "I'm sure I'll like you two as well."
"You're so much...bigger!" Ashi exclaimed and then looked at Rikumon, "Do you get bigger?"
"I think so!" Rikumon said, "Let's find out!"
"Oh no. I've had enough adventure for one day." Emi said, "Let's just go home."
The group laughed.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

shinypikachu2608 on November 12, 2008, 12:09:57 AM

shinypikachu2608 on
shinypikachu2608oh sooo mushy...but kawaii

sailoraqua13 on November 6, 2008, 6:46:23 AM

sailoraqua13 on
sailoraqua13Cool! ^U^