Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 50 - Spirit Needle (Pt.2)

On the first day of the new school year, Emi Ishida and her brother TK find the Digital World in danger all over again. With Azukia and Kari back from the old days and a collection of newbies, can they save the Digital World again?

Chapter 50 - Spirit Needle (Pt.2)

Chapter 50 - Spirit Needle (Pt.2)
...

FIFTY CHAPTERS!

=0

WE HAVE REACHED THE MIDPOINT, PEOPLEZ!


The digimon looked on in horror and an enormous stream of water came pouring out of the hole in the dam.
"There are millions of gallons coming out of that hole." said Digmon.
"I'd go as far as to say more than that!" Nigeriamon said.
"We have to stop it." Raidramon growled.
"Great thinking!" Leodramon said sarcastically, "Got any ideas?"
"Shut up a minute and maybe I'll think of one!"
The Digi-Destined, meanwhile, gasped as the cliff below them became filled with water.
"Oh no! Look out!" cried the baby digimon.
"Hurry, you guys! Stop the water!" Mimi shouted at the digimon.
"You heard the lady." said Digmon, "Let's go!"
They took off, but as they did so, Nefertimon got to her feet once more.
"I've got this! Rosetta Stone!"
"Wait! Won't that just make the hole bigger?" asked Kiswanimon, pausing to turn around. The large tablets clunked into place. The Golemon stared as the stones plugged up the hole and the water stopped flowing through it.
"Take that, you big rock head!" Kari cheered.
The digimon now faced another problem: how to get away without dieing. The flood of water chased them down the riverbed.
"I've already had my bath today!" Goldenwolfmon growled.
Shurimon turned around and shot his shuriken-hands at the trees lining the no longer dried out creek, "Double Star!"
"Blue Lightening!"
"Golden Thunder Slash!"
"Fury Swipes!"
"Atom Charger!"
"Flare Breath!"
Several of the rest of the digimon joined him. Nefertimon, Pegasusmon, and Leodramon used their Golden Noose and Nigeriamon used her Harmony Lash to bind the trees together in mid air. The trees fell into place right behind where Digmon, Metalcosmon, and Mechaneodracamon stood.
As the water sped towards them, each shot their attack toward the ground, causing a crack to appear. The flying digimon got them out of harm's way just as the water crashed against the tree barrier they had set up. After it had settled, the water drained through the crack, leaving behind nothing but damp earth.
"Must be an easier way to water the plants." said Mechaneodracamon.
"You're telling me." Raidramon agreed.
"That was awesome!" cried Davis.
"That's what I call team work!" Mimi said.
"Oh no! Golemon is at it again!" the little digimon squealed. All the humans looked towards the dam. Golemon was indeed continuing his climb of the dam.
"Doesn't he know when to stop?" Casey demanded.
"I guess not." said Yolei.
"Well, he does have a rock for a brain." Tara sighed, "We can't expect too much of him."
"There's no way the digimon can take care of that much water." Miyu said, shaking her head. The digimon across the riverbed leapt into action once again.
"Why is he so intent on flooding the town?" Cody wondered.
"Golemon doesn't seem to care that there are millions of digimon down there!" said TK.
"That's why we've got to destroy it." said Azukia.
"Those poor digimon. How do we stop it?" asked Ashlyn.
"We have no choice but to resort to extreme measures." said Davis. Ashlee nodded.
"And just what do you mean by that?" Yolei demanded.
"We have to destroy him."
"Have you gone completely nuts? He's still a living creature Davis; we'll have to think of another plan."
"If you've got a better plan, we'd love to hear it." said Emi.
"What if we just keep trying to protect the dam?"
"Are you kidding? He can take our digimon down like flies." said Davis, "We have to take out Golemon to protect the dam!"
"At least let's try my idea!"
"Look, Yolei, the longer we fight him, the better chance he has of destroying the dam. There are millions of lives at stake. We have no choice!"
"There's got to be a better way!"
"We have no choice, Yolei, we have to act now!"
"For the greater good." Ashi said.
"You sound like a communist!" Yolei snapped, turning on the younger good. Ashi flushed.
"Not like that! We're protecting the lives of MORE INNOCENT digimon by destroying ONE CORRUPT ONE!" Ashi said.
"I agree with Yolei." said Cody, jumping into the argument, "If we destroy Golemon, we'll just be sinking to Ken's level."
"Right Cody." Yolei said, grinning.
"Wrong Cody." said Davis, "We have to do the right thing!"
"Sometimes, being a hero isn't pretty." Miyu said, surprising everyone by voicing her opinion. Emi nodded.
"Ken did what he had to do to save lives. Your's and Ashi's, if I remember correctly."
"Ergh! This is such a stupid fight!" Tara snapped, "Back when we were first Digi-Destined, we wouldn't have thought twice about destroying a digimon that was going to hurt others."
"Well, maybe that's why YOU ended up getting half of your life lost!" Yolei shouted.
"Shut up!" Tara yelled, "That has nothing to do with anything! THEY GET REBORN ANYWAY! We're sitting here and arguing while our digimon are in danger!"
"Would you both stop fighting?!" Azukia demanded.
"This may sound crazy, but I think we should ask Ken for his help." said Yolei, acting as if the two girls were not about to strangle one another.
"Huh?" The whole group asked, turning around.
"Have you lost your mind, Mimi?" Yolei asked.
"Give me your D3." Mimi told Azukia. Azukia looked for a moment as if she was about to refuse, but then sighed and handed Mimi her communicator.
"You have got to be kidding me." Ashlee said, facepalming.
"No, I'm serious. We need all the help we can get."
"As if the eleven of us aren't enough." Casey muttered, her eyes still following Gargoylemon as she flew around in tight circles in an attempt to make Golemon dizzy.
"But he's dangerous!" Yolei protested.
"Don't argue with me!" Mimi snapped, surprising the younger girl.
"But how do we know we can trust him?" Yolie asked. She bit her lip, wondering if she was right to be blocking Ken from joining up with them. If she was honest with herself, she wanted him to be part of the team. She just couldn't admit it.
Yolei's attention was drawn back to the battle raging below them. She let out a squeak as Golemon pounded her digimon into the ground. He did the same with Metalcosmon and Gargoylemon not long after. They trasformed back into their normal states.
"Hawkmon! No!" Yolei shouted.
"Ariamon!" Ashlee cried.
"Gargoylemon!" Casey said.
Seeing their fallen comrades, the rest of the digimon drew in closer. Golemon growled.
"Crimson Blast!"
The rest of the digimon choked and gagged as they were enveloped in the red gas. They, too, started to fall, transforming back into their normal levels and then hitting the ground.
"Get out of the way, guys! He's gonna break the dam!" Davis cried desperately. Sure enough, Golemon had made his way to the top of the dam and lifted one large stone hand into the sky. He threw it with all his might towards the cement, but it stopped mere inches from hitting it.
"Huh?" Golemon turned his head to see a ninja-wasp digimon holding his grip.
"It's Stingmon!" Emi cheered. Azukia's eyes narrowed as Emi's disposition brightened even further as Ken ran to the edge of the cliff on the other side.
If Ken noticed the group on the other side, he made no sign of it. Instead, he focused on his digimon and shouted:
"Stingmon! Give him your best shot!"
"Okay!" Stingmon called. He launched a flurry of kicks into Golemon's face.
"Way to go!" Davis and Emi said together, Davis finishing with: "I knew he'd come!"
"Me, too!" Mimi agreed, "Now Golemon has his hands full."
Tara put her mouth into a grim line, narrowing her green eyes. Ashlee looked less suspicious, but Ashi looked almost happy to see him. Ashlyn merely looked worried.
Golemon went skidding down the dam as Stingmon's attack finished. He managed to stop himself before falling off it and began to walk forward once again.
Back with the Digi-Destined, Palmon's eyes moved underneath their lids and then opened.
"Look everyone! Palmon is waking up."
"Excellent!" Azukia said. Casey smilled and knelt on the ground next to her cousin.
"Golemon!" Palmon said, without registering any of the girls' greetings, "He's not what you think!"
"You mean he's a good guy?" Tara asked, "He's on the irrigation committee for the town?"
Back on the dam, Stingmon and Golemon clasped each other's hands and began to wrestle for control over the other.
"No, he's not even a real digimon!"
"Darn. That doesn't give me anything against Ken." Tara groaned.
"I know I sound crazy, but you have to believe me on this!"
"What are you talking about?" Mimi asked.
"I was walking through the woods and I heard something, so I went to check it out. That's when I saw this strange woman. She was casting a spell on a control spire." Palmon exlained, "There was all this bright light and I couldn't see and then the control spire became Golemon!"
"Hey guys, I just thought of something," said TK, "Thundermon must have been one of those control spires, too!"
"I bet Ken actually figured that out during the last battle." said Ashi.
Golemon broke through and punched at Stingmon's chest. The fly digimon blocked it and just flew part way down the rest of the dam.
"I bet that's why he wanted to destroy it! He knew it wasn't a real digimoN!" said Davis.
Stingmon flew into the air. Golemon turned around and shot red gas out of the craters on his back.
"That's why Golemon attacked the dam! Because he's a Control Spire under a spell." Cody concluded.
Stingmon was hit by the red cloud and flew backwards. From the other side of the river, Ken issued a warning to watch out.
Ashlee's expression softened. Miyu, meanwhile, was watching the boy intently. She couldn't find anythign wrong with him.
"Ken...I'm sorry." Yolei muttered, "I was wrong."
"Same here." Ashlee said. Yolei didn't bother to snap at her for agreeing this time. Right as they said that, their digivices began glowing. Miliseconds later, Miyu's digivice did the same.
"What?" All three girls asked together. Below, Guilmon, Hawkmon, and Ariamon got to their feet.
"You guys alright?" Armadillomon asked.
"I feel rather strange right now." said Hawkmon.
"Guilmon doesn't recognize this feeling." Guilmon agreed. The three girls had taken their digivices into their hands were staring at the shining objects.
"Hawkmon digivolve to...Aquliamon!"
"Guilmon digivolve to...Growlmon!"
"Ariamon digivolve to...Spiramon!"
Hawkmon was now an enormous red-brown bird with white head and curling black horns. Spiramon looked more humanoid, a tall girl with brown bangs and blue-and white pig-tails. She was wearing a blue dress with a ribbon on the back and had a long wooden shaft ending in spear heads on both sides in her hands. Growlmon was an even larger and scarier red dinosaur with black markings and and a white mane.
"Aquilamon!" Yolei called, seeing the enormous bird. Both Spiramon and Growlmon's partners called out their name as well, "Golemon is really a Control Spire; he's not a living digimon!"
"Geeze, he keeps getting bigger and bigger." Casey said as she caught sight of Growlmon.
"What does that mean?" Growlmon asked.
"That means give at all you got!" Spiramon said. The three girls looked over at Ken. He didn't smile, but nodded his agreement. Spiramon jumped onto Aquilamon's back and the paired soared over to where Stingmon and Golemon were still locked in battle. Growlmon made it there almost as quickly,, taking enormous stride to the dam and climbing up it.
"Excuse us, but, BLAST RING!" Aquilamon shouted, sending a stream of large, bright pink circles at the enemy.
"Cosmic Rift!" Spiramon shouted. She threw her spear into the cloud made by Aquilamon's attack. Although the rest of her attack was obscured, several bright specks of light shot out of the smoke and disappeared in the sunlight.
"Wait for me." growled Growlmon, "Pyro Blaster!" The enormous fireball mingled with the previous two attacks.
When the smoke had cleared, Golemon was still standing there, but most of the rock layer around him had been removed. Instead, his body seemed to be mostly comprised of shiney, black, featureless material.
"Stingmon, attack!" Aquilamon shouted.
"Spiking Strike!" The bright pink blade slid again from his knuckles and the ninja-fly thrust it with all his might into Golemon's chest. The rest of his shell crumbled, leaving nothing but the dark shape behind. That too, began to crack.
"You three!" Stingmon said, turning to the other's, "He is weakened. Get him!"
Aquilamon's horns glowed pink and he sped towards Golemon. Spiramon grabbed her spear and held it up.
"Fang Horn!"
"Spear Split!"
The Golemon crumbled and blew away.
"They did it!" Ashlee and Yolei cried, clutching each others arms and jumping up and down in a circle. Realizing what they were doing, the pair let go of each other and turned their backs to face the other's.
"Just in time for lunch." Armadillo said happily.
******

Sunset. Time to go.
"I won't make any excuses." Ken said, bowing his head, "And I'm sorry for what I've done."
"Hm?" Davis said, looking pointedly at the group.
"Hm?" Cody said right back, in an entirely different tone.
"Thanks for coming when we called you Ken." Palmon said, waving one of her thick hands in the air, "We were nearly goners!"
"It was the least I could do after all the trouble I've caused." Ken said as he stood up, "I want you to know that I have nothing to do with that strange woman who turns Control Spires into digimon. Wormon and I discovered that she is able to revive the old Control Spires through dark magic."
"Ken, if you knew about the Contorl Spires, why didn't you say something?" Mimi asked.
"Well, I..."
"We made the mess, so we wanted to clean it up ourselves." Wormmon finished for him.
"Guess you should have called a maid service, Wormmon." Davis said.
"I wasn't sure if you would have believed me." Ken explained.
"I would have," Emi said, "And so would Davis. The rest of them...I'm not so sure."
"Brutally honest, that's Emi." Azukia sighed.
"We need to start over." said Davis, "Why don't you join us?"
"I'm sorry," Ken said, bowing again, "But I can't." He turned around and walked away.
"Ken, we can figure this out together! Please! At least think it over!"
"Yeah, we really need your help!" Emi added.
Ken just kept walking, until, that is, his communicator started to beep. He took it out of his pocket and looked.
"Huh, an e-mail?"
(EW! I HATE YOLEIxKEN. IT IS MY LEAST FAVORITE PAIRING EVER. I WOULD TAKE SAKURAxSASUKE OVER THIS. I WOULD TAKE DAVISxKARI OVER THIS. WHYYYYY?)
Thanks for helping us today.
I can't wait for the day you decide to join us, Ken.
~Yolei

Ken read it and then continued walking.
"Don't worry." Yolei assured the group, "I'm sure he'll come around."
"I don't blame him for being cautious." Ashlee said.
"We should have given him a second change from the beginning." Ashlyn sighed.
"Besides," Yolei finished, "We could always use another Digi-Destined."

Comments

Comments (9)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

shinypikachu2608 on February 13, 2009, 1:47:18 AM

shinypikachu2608 on
shinypikachu2608Ashlee: I don't blame him for being cautious(after all, ya'll are weirdos and we ALL know that Yolei will jump on him the minute she gets close enough. Poor Ken.)

sailoraqua13 on February 12, 2009, 6:59:21 AM

sailoraqua13 on
sailoraqua13LOL! I hate it too! ^U^ And I'm trying to get the script, I lost the first part so if I can't find it I'm going to start over but don't worry! I'll probably find it! ^U^

StrawChan on February 12, 2009, 10:15:56 AM

StrawChan on
StrawChanGahhh!
*shakes you*

Why aren't you on when I'm on anymore?!

shinypikachu2608 on January 16, 2009, 7:39:00 PM

shinypikachu2608 on
shinypikachu2608LOL. :D

sailoraqua13 on January 15, 2009, 10:02:22 AM

sailoraqua13 on
sailoraqua13I likes it! ^U^

shinypikachu2608 on January 13, 2009, 1:57:35 AM

shinypikachu2608 on
shinypikachu2608Ashlee: I swear this random girl wasn't here a second ago.

StrawChan on January 13, 2009, 4:10:41 AM

StrawChan on
StrawChanHuh?

shinypikachu2608 on January 14, 2009, 2:14:14 AM

shinypikachu2608 on
shinypikachu2608
To be updated later...if I get around to it.
"Huh?" The whole group asked, turning around

It's like you've gone into the story cuz you didn't put the words in bold.

StrawChan on January 14, 2009, 4:20:58 AM

StrawChan on
StrawChan*busts out laughing*

shinypikachu2608 on January 15, 2009, 3:35:53 AM

shinypikachu2608 on
shinypikachu2608Wut?(wow I guess every word I say is funny.)

sailoraqua13 on January 12, 2009, 9:23:26 AM

sailoraqua13 on
sailoraqua13Cool! ^U^