Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Enter Flamedramon and Mikarimon

On the first day of the new school year, Emi Ishida and her brother TK find the Digital World in danger all over again. With Azukia and Kari back from the old days and a collection of newbies, can they save the Digital World again? (Revamped Version)

Chapter 1 - Enter Flamedramon and Mikarimon

Chapter 1 - Enter Flamedramon and Mikarimon
(Okay, everybody! This here is the re-written, hopefully much better version of my original Digimon 02 story. I just felt that the characters were shoved into the old one and really wanted to make it better.

You'll find direct quotes, scenes with different characters in it, and some scenes that are entirely made up.

This will also be posted on Deviantart, but I'd honestly perfer you comment here.
Any and all suggestions will be taken into consideration.

Without further ado, please enjoy this new production of Straw's

Digimon 0.2: It's All Downhill!)


"Run for your life, it's the Digimon Emperor!" Someone screamed. It was way too early in the morning to be running for their lives, but they were indeed running. A herd of Gazimon stampeded out of the underbrush, shouting incoherently at one another to speed up.
The insane laughter could be heard for several minutes before a young boy with short blue hair appeared riding a large dinosaur digimon. The panic around him increased ten fold.
A swarm of strange black collars hovered in the air right behind the boy. His light blue eyes narrowed beneath their yellow sunglasses and his laughter stopped as he grinned. Then the collars flew forward, catching several of the rabbit-digimon around the neck.
As the chaos reached its zenith, a white cat darted through the foilage. She ran, desperate to get away, but too late: A black collar was already on its way. Gatomon tumbled forward and managed to narrowly dodge it. Without stopping to look, she pelted forward again, this time right into the legs on a waiting Unimon.
The possessed creature whinied and reared onto it's hindlegs. Gatomon gasped, but couldn't get out of the way quick enough. It's hooves collided with her tail, but Gatomon managed to work it so that they only caught her tail ring. Without a second thought, the white cat ran off, leaving her golden tail ring behind.
******

There was a pounding on her door. One blue eye peeked out of the edge of the comforter to look at the clock before the sound of a boy's voice came through the door:
"Emi! Come on! You have to get up or we'll be late!"
Emi groaned and threw off her covers. The clock on her bedside table read 6:45. She rolled her eyes. TK got up too early. She understood needing to get their first day at a new school promptly, but this was pushing it.
Emi had moved into her mother and twin brother's house only a few days ago. Up until that point, she'd lived with her father and older brother. Already, the changes astounded her. Her mother did not like it when she left clothes on her floor. And, although she still had to share a bathroom with a boy, TK was incredibly clean. This both awed and worried her.
She grabbed some clean clothes out of her closet and walked to the bathroom, quickly getting ready so that TK didn't have to get her out of the shower. The 12-year-old girl could imagine few things more embarassing.
******

Emi wandered out about 20 minutes later. It had took a little while to get her gold-blonde hair in the right shape; the pigtails had refused to get in the right position and half the time the rest of her shoulder length hair got stuck in it.
TK grinned at her over his bowl of rice, "Almost ready, princess?"
"Hardy har har." Emi said sarcastically as she spooned rice into her own bowl. TK chuckled and finished eating in seconds. He stood up and looked expectantly at his sister.
Emi sighed around her mouthful of bland and stuffed the rest of it quickly into her stomach. With TK still watching her with a bemused expression, she threw herself into her room, grabbed her backpack, and was wrenching the door open before her mother called:
"Sorry I can't take you to school, kids! I really wanted to do, but I have early deadline tomorrow!"
"That's okay, mom! We can walk!" TK called back. Emi nodded, knowing her mother couldn't see her. Then the pair were on their way.
The walk wasn't particularly long. Emi glanced at her brother, still amazed at how well anyone could tell they had been raised by different parents. Emi's outfit screamed tom-boy: baggy blue cargo shorts and a green zip-up hoodie that would have shown off her middrift if she hadn't been wearing a long white tank-top underneath it. TK's, while not exactly feminine, wasn't really boyish either. He was wearing shorts and hight collared long sleeved shirt. His was also wearing a white bucket hat. Emi had never seen him without the hat. She suspected he slept in it. Soon they were in front of the elevator. TK pressed the elevator button and tapped his foot. He looked back and smiled at his sister, who hesitantly smiled back. She wasn't used to smiling so much, but TK was a very smile-y person.
The elevator dinged and both children's attention went back to the elevator. The doors slid open, revealing a gaggle of surprised looking children.
The one on the left looked oldest. She was taller than the other 3 and had long lavender her hair. Her amber eyes looked out from behind black glasses.
Next to her was a girl who had clearly been in the middle of relating something to other. This girl had short black hair and light green eyes. The bottom half of her outfit seemed fairly normal, consisting of yellow platform shoes, a denim skirt, and black tights. The top half, however, was unusual. Her yellow shirt only had one long sleeve; the other sleeve exist only as a tank-top like strap. She also had what seemed to be a blue ribbon tied around her neck.
There were two other children in the elevator as well, these younger than the first two. The one closest to the black haired girl was a boy with very short dark brown hair and green eyes. Next to him was (although it was hard to tell, Emi assumed it was) a girl. What could be seen of her light brown hair was tucked underneath a light blue ski cap with a thick yellow border.
"Hi!" TK said brightly in the silence that followed, "We're new to the building. My name is TK Takaishi and this is my sister, Emi."
"Oh, hi!" said the tall girl, stepping out of the elevator, "I'm Yolei Inoue. Would you like to walk to school with us? It only takes 12 minutes when there isn't any wind!"
"Yolei, don't scare them off before we get to know them!" said the black haired girl with a laugh. She stepped out of the elevator as well and stuck her hand (the one without the sleeve around) out. TK shook and then Emi did the same, "I'm Tara Ozonoki, by the way."
"We'd love to walk with you." TK said in answer to Yolei's question. All four of them got back on the elevator.
"So, you must have moved into the Jenkins' old place." Tara said, "That's the only place that was open."
"I guess so." TK said, "What happened to them."
"...I don't like to talk about it."
"Oh! I'm sorry!" Tara looked up at TK with sad eyes for one second that burst out laughing.
"Nah, I kid, I kid." Tara said. TK blinked and smiled uncertainly. Emi grinned.
"Hello." said the only boy in the elevator besides TK as he tugged on the edge of the blond's shirt, "I'm Cody Hida. It's nice to know there's a boy in the building now. I'm surrounded by girls."
"Nice to meet you." TK said, politely taking the boys hand.
"And this," Cody continued, "Is Ashi Ijiyun."
"Nice to meet you, too." TK said. Ashi just ducked behind Cody and refused to meet his eyes. A few minutes later, the elevator opened onto the street and the six middle-school students were on their way.
"So, what do you guys do for fun at your school?" Emi asked as the school came into view. Already she could hear the sound of people shouting at each other. Yolei turned her head so the younger girl could hear her answer:
"Well, there's the sports teams, of course. The chess club, the gardening club. But all of us are in the computer club."
"Yolei is president." Cody said.
"She's the only one that ran." Tara pointed out, "After all, it's just the four of us in the club."
"That sounds cool. I might check it out." TK said while Emi stopped to watch a soccor game a few feet away. Without warning, the ball came soaring their way, headed straight for TK's face. TK didn't even have to think; he caught the ball easily in both hands.
"Oops." One of the boys who had been playing soccor jogged over. He had short, spikey dusty-ruby colored hair, on top of which were perched a pair of goggles. TK stared at the goggles as he handed the boy the soccor ball.
"Do I...know you?" He asked.
"Huh?" The boy asked, giving TK a look that clearly meant he thought he was crazy.
"Yo, Davis! You getting the ball or what?"
"Coming!" Davis turned around and ran back to the field after one last, "Okay, crazy new kid" look.
"TK!" Emi said, bringing her brother back to reality, "Did you think he looked like Tai? That's crazy."
"Right." TK laughed, "Tai is a much better soccor player than that." Yolei looked like she was about to ask them a question, but the bell rang.
"Hey, what grade are you two in?" Tara asked.
"Seventh." TK answered for the both of them.
"Great! You're with me, then. Yolei is an eigther grader and Cody and Ashi here are in sixth."
"We have to go." Cody said, "Bye!"
"Bye!" Yolei and Tara chorused. Ashi bowef her head as way of saying goodbye and then ran off with Cody towards the school building.
"You know what class you're in?"
"Um...5A, I think." Emi said.
"You're in my class! Awesome!" Tara said as she turned around, "I'll show you the way. Bye Yolei!"
******

"Hey Kari, you'll never guess what happened today!" Davis said as he strolled into the classroom. A girl with very short light brown clipped back with a berett was in the middle of talking to another blonde haired girl when he walked up.
"I don't know, Davis. What?"
"Some new kid today thought he recognized me! I'm already famous!"
"Oh please, what could you be famous for, Davis?" Tara asked as she slid into the chair next to him.
"You want to say that to my face, Tara?"
"Aw, I'm kidding. You're famous for playing soccor." She said, and then under her breath, "Badly."
******

An orange dinosaur fell to the ground with an oof. "Tai! Help!" He called. An orange cat with angel wings fell beside him.
"I don't know if we're going to make it, Agumon!" The cat said, wincing.
"We will!" Agumon said, "Tai and Azukia will be here! TAAAIIIIII!"
******

School was out and two girls were standing outside, talking to one another. They were both wearing high school uniforms, boxy green skirts and boxy green shirts with blue and white sailor collars. One had short orange hair and was carrying a couple of tennis rackets. The other had long red hair and dark green eyes.
As they were talking, the bag the red-head was carrying emitted a strange noise. The girl blinked and dug around inside until she found a small, unusual object.
"Sorry, Sora, I gotta go!" The girl shouted as she turned on her hills and ran back towards the school building, "Have fun at tennis!"
She didn't wait for Sora to reply, but continued running until the high school steps came into view. There was a boy standing on the very top of the steps, his large messy brown hair pulled back by a pair of goggles. He was staring at an object that looked exactly like the girl's.
"Tai! Is your's going off, too?"
******

"Okay, class, I'd like you to welcome two new students that are joining us today." The teacher said to the rest of the class. Emi and TK were now standing next to the teacher's desk. TK had taken off his hat.
"Hello, my name is TK Takaishi. It's a pleasure to be here!" TK said. Emi nodded.
"And I'm Emi Ishida. It's very nice to meet you all."
"Very good." said the teacher, "Now, if you'll go take a seat near Miss...ah...the girl with the camera around her neck."
"Kari!" Emi squealed, running the length of the classroom to throw her arms around her friend's neck, "I didn't know this was your class!"
"Hey, Kari." TK said as he walked up and took the seat right next to her, "Our teacher looks like Ogremon."
"Please." Emi said dissvissively as she sat on the other side of TK, "Ogremon is green."
"Hey, that TK is trying to make a move on my girl!" Davis whispered to Tara. Tara raised one black eyebrow.
"Your girl? Since when has Kari been your girl?"
"That doesn't matter." Davis said, "Hey buddy!" TK, Kari, and Emi all looked over at him, "Has anyone ever told you you two look a like."
"...We're twins."
"But you have different last names."
"Different parents..."
"Oh..." Davis sat back down.
"Smooth move, Cassanova." Tara remarked. Davis just growled.
******

"We can't let Snimon catch us!" A computer-istic ladybug told an orange creature with bat-wing like ears, a pink bird, and a fiery-lion, "It'll cut right through us!"
"Thanks for the update, Tentamon!" The lion said sarcasticaly between heavy breaths, "Why do you think we're RUNNING?!"
"Twin Scicles!" A large, pre-historic beetle said as it whipped two blades through the air. The four digimon were seperated.
"Oh no!" The orange creature cried as it got stuck in a tree with the lion, "Biomon! Tentamon!"
******

Tai and Azukia had made it to the Digital World, somehow. Neither was entirely clear on the details, and they didn't have Izzy around to explain it to them. But that was not important. The pair of high-school students were entirely focused on finding their digimon partners and the reason why they were called back to the Digital World.
The forest around them blurred as they raced through it, shouting their digimons' names at the top of their lungs.
"Nekomon!" Azukia finally said, her words full of release. The winged cat had appeared on the path in front of them with Agumon in tow. Seeing this, Tai's face instantly brightened.
"Agumon!"
"You guys came!" Agumon cried as he ran up to his two old friends. Tai lifted him into the air. Nekomon raced up as well to hug Azukia's knee.
"I'm so glad you came!" She said. Tai placed Agumon back on the ground and held up a fist.
"You've got to digivolve." Azukia nodded gravely. Both she and Tai took their digivices into their hands and held them up. Agumon shook his head, looking worried.
"That's why we need you guys. We can't digivolve."
"We've been trying for hours." Nekomon said, "And I lost my psycic visions. The last thing I saw was some sort of lights shooting to the sky, something egg shaped, and a person I didn't recognize."
"Did you forget how to?" Tai demanded, "It's just like riding a bicyle- you never forget! Now get back in the seat and DIGIVOLVE!"
"Tai..." Azukia said, "Don't push too hard. We don't need another SkullGreymon incident to top everything off."
******

Miles away, the boy who was calling himself the Digimon Emperor was watching the two other humans run through his world. His forest. He laughed as he heard Tai's comment, and stroked an odd black device near his hand.
"Fools. As long as I've got the Dark Digivice, no one is digivolving into anything."
******

Scimon let out a gutteral sound as he continued to chase Patamon and Coronamon. They had been joined recently by the two humans, Nekomon, and Agumon. As he zoomed foward, prepared to attack once more, Gatomon ran onto the path in front of them and paused for a minute.
"Moved your tails!" She pointed to the right with one purple and green colored claw. The group stared for a second before comprehending her barked command. Without another moment to spare, they followed her lead until they managed to find shelter in a cave in the rockface. For a few minutes, the only thing that could be heard was the deep breathing of each person inside. Once Azukia caught her breath, she pulled Nekomon into her lap and sighed:
"Oh, I hope Gotsumon is okay!"
"We're going to need a lot more help." Tai said as he took a small white object with a screen and a keyboard out of his pocket, I'm contacting the rest of the group." Azukia nodded.
"Good idea."
******

School was finally out and Yolei was doing her routine computer check in the computer room before computer club started. Cody and Ashi were calling Cody's mother to let her know that Yolei would be by later to fix the computer and that she wanted brownies as payment. Tara was bickering with Davis, as per the usual, and Kari was giving Emi and TK a tour of the school.
As the eighth grader got to the last computer, a message appeared on the screen. That was unusual. She was pretty sure you had to get messages on some sort of e-mail account. Curious, Yolei clicked the open button and read it aloud.
"'Come to the Digiworld right away; the digimon need our help?' Must be a link to an online gamesite...Let's see who sent it. Tai Kamia...there's a girl in the 8th grade with the same last name! This e-mail is probably her's!"
Yolei hastily printed the message and set off to find the girl.
******

Kari had just finished giving TK and Emi a tour and now they were in the locker room. While the twins had both brought their things to class and were going to computer club, Kari was a member and was planning on going home."
"So how is your mom enjoying the new apartment?" Kari asked as she shouldered her backpack.
"For all I know, she hasn't even realized we've moved." TK said, "She hasn't been off the computer since we got there."
"It's the first thing we took out of the box, too." said Emi, "TK and I have done most of the unpacking."
"There you are!" All three looked up to see Davis pelt into the room and point dramatically at TK, "Hey, buddy!" Tara walked in, rolled her eyes, and leaned against the door frame.
"His name isn't Buddy, it's TK." Kari said sternly.
"Oh, whatever!" Davis burst out, "Look, TJ, or DK, or whatever your name is- How do you know Kari?!"
Silence enveloped the room. TK, Kari, and Emi stared. Tara looked like she was having to concentrate all her energy on not laughing.
"How do I know her?" TK repeated, "I get it! You're jealous of me!" This time, it was Emi who laughed instead of Tara.
"Omigosh! He totally is!" She placed an elbow on Kari's shoulder and leaned in consipiratoraly, "You never told me you had a boyfriend." Kari sighed, but Davis took offence.
"Ergh! I'm not jealous of anybody!"
Tara opened her mouth to comment, but was interrupted with Yolei came thundering into the room.
"Hey!" She called, panting.
"Hey, Yolei." TK said, smiling again. Yolei smiled back and thenwalked up to Kari.
"You're Kari Kamia, right?"
"That's me. Why do you ask?"
"Well, are you related to Tai Kamiya? He sent you a letter. He said the Digiworld is in danger." Kari's eyes widened as she snatched the paper from Yolei. Her red eyes became a blur as she read through it. When she was done, she looked up at TK and Emi.
"Tai and Azukia need us." Emi grinned.
"No way! Really? We're going back to the Digital World?"
"Looks like it anyway." TK responded. The three children around them looked like they wanted to know what was going on, but no one gave them the chance to ask. They took off down the hall way, headed for the computer.
"Ah! Look out!" A short highschool student with a head of frizzy red hair shouted before Emi, attempting to skid to halt, crashed into him.
"Oh. Hey Izzy." Emi smiled.
"Hi, Emi." Izzy sighed, sounding more amused than annoyed. He pushed the girl off, stood up, and straigtened his tie. Then he looked at Yolei, who had been following the group closely, "I'm glad I found you, Yolei. I need to use the computer room right away." Yolei gasped.
"The legendary computer club president from last year is looking for me? I am so flattered."
"What's up, Izzy?" TK asked. He could tell the older boy was in a hurry.
"Tai sent me an urgent e-mail. Did you guys get it?"
"Yes." Kari said, "Tai sent me one through the school computers."
"Then why are standing around shooting the breeze?" Emi demanded, "Let's go!"
******

"On our way, Tai!" Izzy's e-mail response read, "TK, Emi, and Kari are coming, too."
Azukia breathed a sigh of relief. She felt so helpless, and she had never felt that way in the Digital World before.
"Tai, Azukia!" Agumon's voice came from the back of the cave, "You've got to come and see this!"
"What is it?" Azukia asked as she stood up and brushed a few bits of dirt off of her skirt.
"We don't know, but it's shaped like an egg." Nekomon said gravely, "And I think it's from my vision."
******

"So what is the Digital World?" Yolei asked for the five-hundred-and-sixtyth time, "Is it a new amusement park." Emi snorted from where she was watching Izzy hook-up the computer.
"For the last time, Yolei, we can't tell you." she sighed. Yolei ignored her and leaned in towards Kari and TK.
"I bet it has some great rides." She presisted.
"Tai told me about it once, I think." Davis said, speaking up for the first time, "He said it had lots of...digimon in it. Whatever those are."
"You know Tai?" TK asked incredulously at the same time Tara asked, "Davis actually KNOWS something?"
"They played on the same soccor team once and-" Kari explained.
"Hey, I have a great idea!" Yolei interrupted, "Let's all go the Digital World!"
"Yolei," Cody's voice came from the doorway, "You're supposed to come fix our computer, remember? My mom made the brownies and everything."
"Oh. Right." Yolei said, clearly disappointed. She trugded dejectedly out of the room after Cody. Meanwhile, Ashi slunk in so quietly that no one noticed her and settled herself into the chair next to Izzy.
******

"Here it is." Agumon said. He had led Tai and Azukia to a smaller round room in the back of the cage. Large staltites and stalagmites rose from the ceiling and floor of the cave. In the center of the room was a small mound of dirt and rocks that look sligtly like a nest. Agumon pointed to the center of the nest, where a large red, egg-shaped something was sitting. It had an orange sun symbol on its from and a large, silver blade protruding from it.
"That's...That's the Crest of Courage!" Azukia gasped. Nekomon nodded.
"We thought it was. That's why we came to get you."
Tai go onto his knees to get a closer look at the egg. His brown eyes widened with surprise.
"You're right. That's weird." He said as he stood up. The five digimon watching looked just as confused as the humans, "Is it really an egg?"
"I don't know about you, but I've never seen an egg with a spike going through it."
"I'd like to meet the chicken that layed that." Gatomon said. Coronamon licked his lips.
"Mmmm...Sounds yummy!"
"Why don't we get a better look at it?" Azukia suggested.
"Right." said Tai. He bent down and wrapped his fingers around the "egg". Fire erupted all around, filling the cavern with light. Azukia and Tai squinted in the sudden glare, but when the light faded, the egg was still sitting where it had been moments before. Five glowing objects were now hovering directly over it.
"Fireflies?" Azukia asked. The objects suddenly shot upwards, disappearing.
"Really FAST fireflies." Tai answered.



(Sorry, this is going to take longer to write!)

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

shinypikachu2608 on March 18, 2009, 4:41:53 AM

shinypikachu2608 on
shinypikachu2608For some reason, I find it cute.

sailoraqua13 on March 17, 2009, 12:47:50 PM

sailoraqua13 on
sailoraqua13Cool! ^U^