Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Welcome to the Cruise...

Story about a family outcast's life and what not. **MILD YAOI CONTENT**

Chapter 1 - Welcome to the Cruise...

Chapter 1 - Welcome to the Cruise...


I closed my eyes. Nothing seemed real to me. The world surrounding me became one big lie. It all had to be a dream.



~//~//~//~//~//~//~



I pulled on the sleeves of my black sweatshirt and flicked the hood onto my head. I glanced out the small window of my driver's side. Why am I doing this? I thought to myself. I gained enough courage to carefully ease the door open and step out. It was raining so much that, only a minute later, I was soaked to the bone. My hair clung to my face, dripping with all the sorrow and courage I had just received. I stood at him, standing there. Nothing seemed real, not even him.



~//~//~//~//~//~//~



I met him on vacation with my family. Dad had won ten-thousand in an extremely lucky game of bingo. We all piled into our little Volkswagen and drove to the port. There were five of us; Dad (age 38,) Mom (age 40,) Aki (age16,) Sorei (age 5,) and me—Joey. Age 15. Everyone else got along great in my family; as long as I wasn't there. I was the odd one out. They all looked alike except for me, with my blonde hair and two-tone eyes. Everyone said I was “unique,” but that's just a load of shoot. I know I'm just an outcast. The genetic “flaw.” Quiet, timid, and serious. For God's sake, my name wasn't even Japanese!

So there I was, wedged between Sorei and Aki, with my knees practically over my head (I am over six feet tall) holding my suitcase on my lap, staring of into space.

“We're here!!! One cruise to Indonesia, comin' up!”

My sisters both threw their hands into the air, hitting me in the head, flinging my glasses into the back of Mom's head. This caused her to turn around and smack me. Meanwhile, Dad was trying to explain to us that we should be nice and courteous while on the cruise. The moment he mentioned the word `cruise,' the bickering stopped. Everyone flung their doors open and threw themselves out. My family was ecstatic about the trip, but I was dreading every minute of it.





Until I met him…

I distance myself from my family by walking slower than them. We walked up the bridge to the huge cruise ship. The hollow, reverberating sound of my steps on the metal plank matched the beating of my heart. I couldn't stop it from echoing inside my body. As I neared the top, I could see tons of families, couples, newlyweds, and groups getting situated. Near the climbing wall, a boy was beating on his little brother. I stopped dead in my tracks, mouth open. I couldn't feel my feet, and my legs were heavy weights. My brain felt like it had just liquefied and slid out my ears. Somewhere within my jumbled state of mind, Aki called for me.

“Hey! Idiot, you better get your @$$ on the boat.”

I shook myself clear of the fog and pushed myself onward. I had to find him before the cruise was over. He was my only reason for not turning around and going home.

As I looked over my shoulder, Aki dragged me forward. Somehow, we got stuck sharing a room. Out of the entire family, Aki and I never got along. We were always fighting, arguing, complaining, and teasing each other. She hardly ever helped out around the house while Mom and Dad were at work. All she did was talk on the phone and smoke cigarettes, leaving me to cook and clean for us kids. God, I hated her as a person, but I was forced to love her as a family member.

We came to the room we were assigned to—room 305. Aki slid the card through the lock and pushed the door open. I looked in, feeling a bit disappointed. There were only two beds, a T.V., and a bathroom. I don't know why, but I guess I was hoping for something… grand. Something beautiful. I quickly claimed my territory by kicking my shoes onto one bed and tossing my suitcase over as well. I then walked out of our room to find that kid from before.


Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

DrNefarious on September 1, 2006, 3:23:00 PM

DrNefarious on
DrNefariousThis could be really good. Keep it up. Check out my story and see if you like it. I suk at writing but i thought id give it a try.

Slave_2_Muraki on May 11, 2006, 8:54:44 AM

Slave_2_Muraki on
Slave_2_MurakiChimera: Hey I want to know what will happen!
GG: *whines* ME TOOOO!!!!!!