Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Daisuki

A one-shot with young Itachi and Sasuke. Brotherly love, not yaoi.

Chapter 1 - Daisuki

Chapter 1 - Daisuki
Daisuki - I Love You

It was a dark, cold, and stormy night. The thunder was so loud, so deafeningly and horrifyingly loud. Sasuke couldnt help being a little scared. Even though his older brother, Itachi, slept soundly in his bed agross their room, Sasuke still felt fear swirling around hot and fast inside his own heart. Why's it so cold...and loud...he thought.

"I'm scared," he whispered to himself. He clutched the warming blanked closer to his body, warming him and separating him from the cold light drifting in through the window.

He made up his mind.

With a determined expression, the little four-year-old stood up and let the warmness of the blanket fall away. He almost crawled back into bed right there, but faught the urge. He swallowed hard, holding his hands close to his body, and stepped off of the low bed and walked across the cold wooden floor over to Itachi's.

He knelt reaching out to touch his older brother's shoulder, and whispered, "Itachi?"

Just before he'd made contact with the latter's arm, a hand reached up and stopped his own frozen one.

"Oh," said the voice of Itachi, who relaxed his hand, "it's only you, Sasuke-kun."

Sasuke heaved a sigh of relief--Itachi was always on his guard, and if Sasuke was mistaken as an intruder, he would be dead in about three seconds. He dropped his arm and his older brother rolled over to face him.

"What is it, Sasuke?" Itachi asked.

"I'm scared, nii-san, " Sasuke explained, glancing towards the lit window, "the storm."

Itachi's sleepy, but alert features relaxed and he broke into a smile, 'Silly," he said affectionatly, "You don't have to be afraid during a storm. There's nothing to fear!"

"I know," Saskue whispered, looking sideways down at the floor, "I keep telling that to myself, but I'm still scared!" he looked back into his older brother's black eyes--so like his own, but they had more depth, more power resting inside them.

"Please?" the younger boy begged, leaning forward alittle, rocking on his hands and knees.

Itachi sighed, admiting defeat without trying to resist. He rolled his eyes, "Alright..." and rolled onto his back, scooting over on his own, larger bed.

Sasuke smiled to himself; getting into his older brother's bed and crawling under the blankets right beside Itachi. The older one got onto his side again, facing Sasuke. The four-year-old grinned up at him. Itachi couldn't help it, he smiled back at the cute chubby face that was his brother's.

The storm thundered on outside, rain pounding on the roof and walls of the home of the Uchiha, lighting flashing in the windows, the noise incredible. Several times the little four-year-old jumped, his eyes wide, and Itachi would give him a conforting hug, ocasionaly saying: "Don't worry," or the like.

It went on all night. Eventually Sasuke had fallen asleep, but Itachi stayed up to confort his unconscious brother when he stirred in restless sleep. It didn't matter. Itachi didn't care whether or not he got a good nights sleep. He would continue to work hard as the great shinobi he was either way. What mattered right now was that his little baby brother was afraid, and Itachi would be there to comfort him no matter what.

"Daisuki, little brother," Itachi whispered just before he himself fell asleep, "daisuki."

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

flyingeagle13 on March 29, 2008, 1:09:41 PM

flyingeagle13 on
flyingeagle13Very nice. I have to disagree with rlkitten on this one. I think the details are just right. Great job once again, though I see what you mean it needs some revision. (You know you can edit after you've posted) I also like the idea of the story, it's the first one I've read that portrays Itachi as a good guy. Faves story and author.[color=][/color]

rlkitten on January 22, 2008, 7:49:31 AM

rlkitten on
rlkittendaaawww

SunaNoFara on January 22, 2008, 8:50:53 AM

SunaNoFara on
SunaNoFaraanything more specific...?
I need some good old critique too ya know. While I submitted it I read through it thinking, "This story is so horrible..." -_-'
But thanks for commenting anyway^^

rlkitten on January 22, 2008, 8:59:45 AM

rlkitten on
rlkittenNaw- I haven't got anything to say really..../\_/\; Sorry I think it's good...not great, but good.....I don't know how to say this...uhmm...a 'little teeny weeny bit' much on the detail. A little too much detail can make a story seem sort of long and boresome after a while...?
 
Ex: The beautiful golden daffidil in the light blue vase sat in all tranquility on the dust covered windowsill that had a few marks, due to Rosietta putting her fingertips there every once in a while to look out the wide open window that was allowing snow to drift into her empty bedroom.
 
I mean...I can't image reading a whole story written just like that...i dunno....that was a bad example.. -_-;

SunaNoFara on January 22, 2008, 9:03:57 AM

SunaNoFara on
SunaNoFaraHeh, especially with no commas in there. I could make that one sentence a whole lot better...

rlkitten on January 22, 2008, 9:06:35 AM

rlkitten on
rlkittenTWAS AN EXAMPLE, WOMAN!!! -_- aaahhhh

SunaNoFara on January 22, 2008, 9:09:22 AM

SunaNoFara on
SunaNoFaraI was just agreeing to the fact that it was a bad example. ;P

rlkitten on January 22, 2008, 9:56:58 AM

rlkitten on
rlkittenoh- yur smartt -_-;

SunaNoFara on March 29, 2008, 1:42:24 PM

SunaNoFara on
SunaNoFara=P yes I am.

rlkitten on March 29, 2008, 2:34:14 PM

rlkitten on
rlkittenYou reply months after?!

SunaNoFara on March 29, 2008, 2:37:16 PM

SunaNoFara on
SunaNoFaraIDK why. XDD I was just looking through the previous comments after I recieved a new one, so yeah. Lol.

rlkitten on March 29, 2008, 2:40:41 PM

rlkitten on
rlkittenYeah- figured that. I'm being disagreed with XD MEh- I made that reply up on a dime- since you asked for something specific XDXDXDXDXD

SunaNoFara on March 29, 2008, 2:43:27 PM

SunaNoFara on
SunaNoFaraHow do you fit on a dime?  Those are like *indicates with fingers* that big!

rlkitten on March 29, 2008, 2:46:48 PM

rlkitten on
rlkitten*Neji stare* TT_TT Okay.
 
LOL I was hoping you had edited it since my "word of crappy wisdom"- would make me seem smarter XDXDXDXD lol, jk

SunaNoFara on March 29, 2008, 2:49:46 PM

SunaNoFara on
SunaNoFaraYou're not making sense anymore--I don't get what you're trying to say. /._.\

rlkitten on March 29, 2008, 3:22:56 PM

rlkitten on
rlkitten*is too lazy to explain*