Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - Time Together

A sweet story of chance meeting between Zuko and Katara.

Chapter 7 - Time Together

Chapter 7 - Time Together
Disclaimer: I do not own Avatar: The Last Airbender or any of the characters associated. This is a fan fiction! = )


THE CALM BEFORE THE STORM ~ Ch. 7-- Time Together

By: Emily Beyer (a.k.a. SxK_YGOfan)


So we literally were frozen stiff! Katara laughed at the childhood memory of one of her and Sokkas crazy misadventures.

Zuko smiled and chuckled along with her. He enjoyed listening to her stories from her childhood, and even shared a few of his own now and then, though he felt his stories werent nearly as fun or enjoyable. When it came down to it, he realized he really enjoyed talking with her.

What is it? Katara looked questioningly at him when he sat silently for a few moments.

Its nothing, he said smiling gently, I was just enjoying your story. Sounds like life off with the South Water Tribe is... entertaining, to say the least.

She smiled. You could say that!

Well thanks for sharing it with me

Huh, well, your welcome, she stated, I would have thought that you might find my stories from home boring, compared to all of the traveling and exploring you do.

No, he replied, I like hearing real childhood stories about a happy home, seeing as how I never really go to experience it myself.

Im sorry, she said softly, feeling sad for him.

Its ok, came a voice from behind, my nephew has moved on from such things. He now enjoys his studies and his adventures and explorations.

Zuko and Katara whirled around to face General Iroh.

Uncle, where did you come from? Zuko asked with blatant confusion, Did you travel back from town through the night? I mean... why are you up so late?

On the contrary nephew, we were up with the sun, making first tracks to travel back here, Iroh replied, we wanted an early head start. However, I am surprised to see you up this early, Zuko, Katara. He gave them each a small smile as he nodded and addressed them, and then walked out the door to the kitchen for a late breakfast.

Zuko looked out the window, noticing the sun already rising in the sky, Huh, its morning, he informed her. We&we talked all night.

Looks that way, she answered as she blushed slightly, funny, but Im not really even that tired.

Yeah... me either.

She smiled at him, Well, Im a bit hungry, so I think Ill go to the kitchen to get something to eat.

Oh, okay, he replied.

She nodded and got to her feet. Well, see you later, she said.

Yeah, he answered, before she walked out the door, later.


Later that afternoon, Zuko sat in the kitchen reading. The only sound that pulled him out of his focused state was the knock on the door.

Come in, the prince answered, as he wondered who it could be.

General Iroh opened the door and smiled at him as he walked in. Good afternoon Zuko, how are you doing?

Im fine uncle, Zuko answered.

Sorry if my return startled you this morning, Iroh told him, I didnt mean to disturb you. It seemed that you and Miss Katara were having quite a pleasant conversation this morning.

We were just talking. It was no big deal.

Well, seemed to be enjoying her company quite a bit, Iroh answered. He wanted to question their relationship further, but a look from Zuko made him change the subject.

Well, I just wanted to tell you that Ryuu and I are heading back into the village. We realized that we need more stocks.

Oh. Well do you need me to go with you? Zuko asked.

Thats up to you, the general replied, you can join us or you may stay here with Miss Katara.

Shes not going?!

She is sleeping right now back in your room, Iroh answered, I didnt want to disturb her. If you ask me, someone should probably stay here so that shes not all alone.

Oh, yeah... youre probably right, Zuko agreed, I could stay here with her if you want me too.

Its up to you, Iroh replied with a smile.

Okay, well I guess I will stay then, unless you think you need my help, that is, the prince answered, I want you to be safe.

Well be just fine, Iroh assured him, we should be back by late tomorrow morning, provided that the storm doesnt prevent our return.

Storm?

Its supposed to thunder-storm tonight, which could make travel quite difficult, his uncle answered, if the storm does delay us, we will stay in town until it is safe to make the journey back here.

Will you have enough time to make it to the town if you leave now? Zuko concerned himself with his uncles safety.

Yes, that shouldnt be a problem.

Alright, well, safe travel to you uncle, Zuko said as he followed his uncle out the doorway to the ships exit, Contact me if you need anything or run into any trouble.

I will son, dont worry, the general said as the walked down to meet the servant Ryuu, who was waiting to take off on their journey. Enjoy your night. Ill see you tomorrow.

Zuko nodded and waved goodbye. He watched them walk away until they were out of sight. Then he walked down the hallway of the ship. He walked until he came to the door to his room, the room he was currently sharing with the waterbender. He opened the door a crack. Light from torches still lit the room, but it didnt seem to disturb Katara, as she slept peacefully. He couldnt help his smile as he watched her sleep for a few moments. Then he used his powers to disperse the fire from the torches. He then shut the door, leaving Katara to rest in her peaceful slumber.



~TO BE CONTINUED....

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Anne14 on October 20, 2006, 4:04:18 PM

Anne14 on
Anne14that was so sweet