Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - When Trees Throw Fruit

This is a tale of three very different beings; a human, an elf, and a centaur. With a kind of 'Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil' theme, each of them is missing one ability; speech, hearing, or sight. However, they join together on a journey t

Chapter 3 - When Trees Throw Fruit

Chapter 3 - When Trees Throw Fruit


So they set off for the Valley of Light. As they were walking, the forest suddenly seemed extremely dark, even though they knew that there was not a cloud in the sky and everything was sunny.

`That's strange…' Lily remarked. `Why is everything so dark?'

“This is the part of the forest that's always dark like this.” Alex explained to her. “We've got to be careful. There have been rumors of many tree spirits in this part of the forest as well as living trees and other creatures.” Lily nodded and kept close to Alex. I'll help him if anything attacks him and he can't hear it. She thought. I've had people to be my voice, but if he's been shunned his whole life, he's probably never had anyone to be his ears.

All of a sudden, a fruit came whizzing through the air and hit Alex in the same of his head. Alex jumped and looked around.

“Who threw that?” He asked. Just then, a tree swung one of its branches and threw another fruit at him. This time, Alex noticed the branches moving without any wind to blow them, and he got spooked.

“Yikes! Moving tree!” He exclaimed, ducking behind Lily. Then, the tree spoke.

“What are you doing in our part of the forest, elf?” It demanded.

`Talking tree, too.' Lily informed Alex.

“Oh, really?” Alex asked. Lily nodded. Alex then came out from behind Lily and glared at the tree.

“Hey! Tree!” He called. “Talk to the hand, `cause the elf can't hear you!” With that, he looked away and held up his hand with the palm facing towards the tree.

“So you're deaf, are you?” The tree commented. “Let's see how you handle this then!” It then raised about five more branches, and all six of the branches it now held up were each holding a ripe fruit at the ends. The tree began throwing the fruits at Alex. Lily saw them and heard them, and she grabbed Alex and pulled him down to the ground so that he wouldn't get hit. One of the fruits landed right in front of Alex's face.

“That was close.” He acknowledged. He looked at Lily.

“Thanks for pulling me down like that.” He told her. She smiled at him and helped him up. Then, the two of them ran through the dark forest, covering their heads with their arms as they were bombarded with fruits from several trees along the way.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Ten_chan on May 14, 2006, 11:44:01 PM

Ten_chan on
Ten_chanI know the chapters are short. They were longer when I had them written out. Please comment anyway! If you have any ideas for a new chapter or something, I'm open to them. ^-^