Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Naraku

This story is about Sesshomaru and all the things we want to know about him. His childhood, Mom, relationship with Dad his sex life and life in general.

Chapter 2 - Naraku

Chapter 2 - Naraku


Chapter 2

Naraku



Catherine sat down next to Rin, that was her name, by the small campfire. Rin looked up at her and smiled. She really was a sweet little girl. She should have asked Kagome what Rin's story was. Why did this child follow Seshomaru with such devotion. Sesshomaru, what was his story? An Aristocratic Demon, that had to be trouble. Strangely, she sensed a deep and profound sadness in him. H e seemed to work hard at seeming aloof and cold yet he had pulled her from the sea and restored her life.

Catherine became aware of Sesshomaru regarding her intently. Slowly he pulled out his sword. What was he going to do? He motioned her to stand up and stood motionless with the sword held upright in front of him. The sword began to glow and vibrate- to sing. Sesshomaru seemed to be in deep concentration. Then he touched the sword to his forehead then to hers. Catherine felt a zing of energy surge through her. Sesshoumaru lowered the sword.

“Can you understand me?” he said.

Catherine was in shock she heard these words that she had never heard before and they made sense.

“Can you understand me!?” Sesshomaru said.

“Yes,” the word felt strange in her mouth. “I understand,” she said slowly. She translated everything to English in her mind but realized that she didn't need to- with some practice…….

“That will make things easier,” said Sesshomaru turning away.

“You are Sesshomaru, you are a “Demon” I understand. What does that mean? Where are we going?”

Sesshomaru turned to her his yellow eyes glowing “Already you talk too much,” he turned and walked away.

Rin came to Catherine's rescue, “It's best not to bother Lord Sesshomaru too much,” she said.

“I see, he's moody,” said Catherine getting used to the language.

Rin giggled, “You're funny, that's good. We follow him and he protects us.”

“He seems difficult.”

“Lord Sesshomaru act like he doesn't care, he doesn't talk to you but he never leaves you for long. He always comes back and if you need him he comes and rescues you.”

“You're sure of this?”

“I believe it like I know the sun will always rise and set.” Said Rin.

A wave of pity swept over Catherine for this sweet child. She had obviously given up on ever being loved or cared for. She accepted protection and was grateful for it. Catherine knew she had little choice but to accept the same. She decided she would give Rin as much friendship and caring as she could.

They walked in silence for a good while. Catherine stumbled as she tried to get used to the sandals. She noticed that Sesshomaru never let up his pace, he just walked ahead with the others following. Rin was a very small girl and had to trot to keep up. Catherine could see she was getting tired and picked her up allowing her to ride piggy back. To her surprise, Sesshomaru made a low whistle to the two headed dragon beast that walked with them. It fell back obediently and nudged Catherine. Rin immediately climbed on the beast's back as they walked along. Catherine looked intently at Sesshomaru, did she dare , use any of her abilities? Would they work here? She had always been a strong empath. If she reached into Sesshomaru's soul would he know? She carefully tried extending her mind. She could feel his essence as she probed deeper. Suddenly a wave of feeling hit her so hard it almost took her breath away. Anger, loss, Pain, Sadness, Resolve, she stumbled. Under she felt a surge of power like nothing she had ever experienced. This was no Tuatha Da Danaan Warrior, this was no Selkie! Here was a powerful Demon! Here was power far greater than the tall elegant figure she saw before her. This was a giant beast! Sesshomaru stopped abruptly and slowly turned. Catherine quickly composed herself meeting his yellow gaze with cool green. A small smile played around Sesshomaru's lips. He turned again and continued walking..

Catherine' heart pounded, she was in deep trouble. She was following a Demon, a real Demon. She attempted to get a handle on the forces around her but this land was very different from England. England was ancient, it's rock and land thrummed with quiet ancient energy. The land here was new and changing. There was violence in it's rock. She wasn't sure she could harness and control this energy. She was going to have to try.

Sesshomaru smiled a bit as he walked ahead. “So you are not just a helpless human,” he thought. “This should at least prove interesting. Let's see what other surprises you hide Catherine.”

They stopped by a stream as the sky turned orange and red for sunset. Rin dashed into the stream, and soon she and Jaken were happily catching fish. Catherine built a fine campfire. If she could build a fire in damp England she could build one anywhere. Soon they were roasting fish on the fire. Catherine had found some large heavy leaves to serve the fish on and Rin had found some wild plums. Jaken ate his fish with relish happily licking his fingers. When Catherine brought some fish to Sesshomaru he waved it away.

“I do not eat human food,” he said quietly.

What did he eat? Catherine wondered. She certainly hoped it was not human flesh.

The moon rose full and silver as night approached. Sesshomaru seemed transfixed by the rising moon. This was his element.

“He must draw power from the moon,” Catherine thought, that's why there was a blue crescent on his forehead. She noticed then how handsome he was. Tall and straight his shoulders were broad and his hips narrow. His exotic face was even featured, high cheek boned and strong. His eyes were more gold than just yellow and of course there was his extraordinary hair falling to his knees. Catherine found her heart pounding with something other than fear. Yes, she was in deep trouble.

Sesshomaru walked away towards the moon.

Catherine set herself to gathering dry grass and some of the long leaves to make a bed for Rin. The child was astounded and delighted that someone would do this for her. she showed Rin how to loosely weave the leaves together to make a simple mat. Jaken watched them intently so Catherine made him one too. The little toad was delighted.

Catherine thought, “best to make as many friends as I can.”

Soon the moon was high and Rin was sleeping peacefully on her bed. Catherine and Jaken sat by the fire.

“How long do you think Sesshomaru will be gone?” Asked Catherine.

“Oh, he always goes walking during the full moon. He will return when the moon sets,” said Jaken.

“does he ever sleep” asked Catherine.

“I don't think so,” answered Jaken “The only time I have ever seen him sleep or at least look like he was sleeping is when he has been badly injured. He is very powerful and has been involved in some tremendous battles. Usually he walks away with little or no injury but twice, recently, he was injured badly. Both times it was because of Inuyasha and that damn sword.”

“Inuyasha? His younger brother? That boy?” asked Catherine.

I don't know which was worse,” said Jaken. “the first time in battle when Sesshoumaru tried to claim the Tetsusaiga, his father's sword. Inuyasha got it and in the battle he cut Sesshomaru's arm off. There was so much blood I thought my Lord would die. He was a long time recovering. It was a terrible time. Then he and Inuyasha battled again, not so long ago actually. Inuyasha used the wind scar, a power of Tetsusaiga. It is usually strong enough to destroy a demon. I searched and searched for Sesshomaru. When I couldn't find him I thought he was dead.”

The little toad swallowed hard. Catherine felt a wave of compassion for this little faithful creature who obviously cared a great deal for his master.

“He had been blown out miles and had landed in the woods. He was so badly hurt he couldn't move for many days, that's when Rin found him. Rin was set as an “untouchable by her village. They beat her and abused her for the “crime” of being an orphan. She found Sesshomaru hurt in the woods. She would bring him food which, of course, he wouldn't eat but I think he appreciated her company as he healed. When she was killed by wolves, he brought her back. She has followed us ever since.

Catherine had many questions. “I didn't realize Inuyasha was so powerful.”

“He's not!” replied Jaken, “Both these events happened because he thought Sesshomaru was trying to kill him. The truth is, if Sesshomaru wanted him dead, he would be. It's because Sesshomaru won't kill Inuyasha that Inuyasha was able to injure him so.”

“So Sesshomaru would not kill Inuyasha?”

“No continued Jaken, “He swore to his father before Inuyasha was born. He promised that he would see that no harm came to Inuyasha or his mother. My Lord takes a promise seriously! I wish Inuyasha knew this, it would solve a lot of problems. You know, even without the promise, I don't think Sesshomaru would really hurt Inuyasha. They're brothers and even though he'll never admit it, it means something to him. I've seen Sesshomaru put himself in jeopardy to protect Inuyasha. Of course no one ever notices it, Sesshomaru denies it and sometime it seems he is really trying to kill Inuyasha, but I see, I know. The stupid thing is that the Tetsusaiga that Sesshomaru wants so badly was left to Inuyasha not him, he can't even hold it without burning his hand. Oh, now I've said too much! Please don't let my master know I told you all this!”

“Don't worry Jaken,” said Catherine, “I won't say a word.” Her attention was suddenly drawn to a stench, no it wasn't really a smell. It was something in the air. Something foul, a psychic stench. Something evil was coming, something powerful. Catherine quietly reached into the pocket of her sleeve. She wasn't sure she would be able to control the power of this land but she would have to try. Jaken did not seem to notice anything. He quietly tended the fire as Rin slept soundly. Catherine felt the stench get closer. She breathed slowly as her mother had taught her calming herself, fighting panic, keeping control for whatever would come. Her hand tightened around the object she knew she would have to use.

A figure suddenly appeared from the trees. The malaise that surrounded it was stifling. Catherine's head began to ache. She continued to calm herself, she would need all her wits for this. Jaken was frozen, his eyes wide in fear.

“ It seems Lord Sesshomaru has procured a pretty little wench. I was not sure he liked women. Maybe, I thought, he liked little boys or perhaps toads.”

“How dare you speak of Lord Sesshomaru that way!” squeaked Jaken.

The figure chuckled “the toad speaks” said the figure, “Where is he? Did he run like a coward when he knew I was near?”

Catherine's hand tightened, she would need the right moment - too soon and this creature would counter and he was powerful.

“You hide behind a mask coward!” Jaken was becoming too bold.

The creature wore the mask of a baboon and a grey blanket but he was certainly not hiding. The figure chuckled and lowered his mask. It should have been a handsome face but the sneer detracted from it. His hair was long and black but his eyes, they were as black and cold as the pit of Hell.

“What was the word for Hell here?” thought Catherine “Naraku, that's it Naraku,” Catherine knew immediately that was his name, Naraku, it certainly fit.”

“I'll tell you what toad, I'll take this pretty wench for myself. She may enjoy being with a man of true power.”

“Steady” thought Catherine, “keep centered.”

“The child I will nail to a tree. She will suffer greatly before death takes her. I will see to it that the Tetseiga will be unable to heal her or bring her back. You, toad, I will roast on this fire and feed to the pigs.

“Why would you do this?” asked Catherine quietly.

“So you have a tongue wench.” Said Naraku. “I will answer you. I get my power by absorbing demons. I wish to absorb Sesshomaru, to make his power mine. When I take you he will come to rescue you. He is no match for me.”

“He will not come,” said Catherine, “I am only here to care for the child. He cares nothing for me.”

A wicked chuckle issued from Naraku, “It matters not, I will find another way if he does not come. Either way I will take you and kill the other two. Maybe he will come to avenge them.”

Naraku took a step towards Catherine.

“No!” shouted Jaken and shot a flame from his staff. Naraku waved the flame away.

“That was a mistake toad, “he laughed.

“Easy, Easy, thought Catherine as she drew power from deep in the earth.

“Naraku lifted his hand palm out, “Die toad” he laughed as a beam of pure energy shot from his palm.

Catherine quickly pulled out her wand and stamped her foot on the ground as she channeled power from the earth toward the beam. She caught it dead center and sent it with her power directly to the center of Naraku's chest.

With a blood curdling scream Naraku was thrown back through the trees. The recoil threw Catherine to the ground. Jaken watched in amazement as Naraku fled into the

night.

“What happened?” Yawned Rin waking up.

Jaken opened his mouth to speak but Catherine pointed her wand at him and shot him a meaningful look.

“Naraku, is that his name? Yes, Naraku showed up and Jaken scared him away with a mighty flame from his staff.” She said.

“Hooray for master Jaken!” cried Rin.

“Best you go back to sleep Rin,” said Catherine gently. “You can tell Lord Sesshomaru when he returns.”

Rin lay down and was soon sound asleep. Jaken sat by the fire trembling violently.

“My Lady,” he said, “Naraku is very powerful, even my master cannot subdue him. You Lady sent him away. How were you able to do this? “Jaken suddenly got on his knees and bowed low, “I offer myself as you're humble servant.”

“No Jaken, you need not serve me. Serve your Lord. I am not so powerful. I took Naraku by surprise. Next time, and there will be a next time, he will be prepared.”



Epilogue

Naraku fled to his keep deep in the mountain cave he had claimed. He had not felt such pain since his days as the badly burned Onigumo. That woman had actually injured him! “A Woman! How dare she! What kind of power was that?” He had never encountered anything like it, yet, he only sensed that she was human. There was no demon aura about her. Well, she would pay. Once he healed he would capture her. He would drain her power and ravish her. Then he would kill her - slowly. She would scream as he had. The thought of it made him smile. A sharp pain came from where she had burned him through. He would have to heal first and that would take time.


Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

sis on February 19, 2006, 12:12:48 PM

sis on
sisHoly crap i'm geting in to it now!*Runs off to read more*