Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 10 - A Game of Kun-Ga

This story is about Sesshomaru and all the things we want to know about him. His childhood, Mom, relationship with Dad his sex life and life in general.

Chapter 10 - A Game of Kun-Ga

Chapter 10 - A Game of Kun-Ga


Chapter 10

A Game of Kun-Ga



Sesshomaru decided to lay low for a few days. The effects of drinking blood were unpredictable and it would be a while before the effect of his efforts were seen in the bay; years before the bay was fully restored. He went to the Demon's Market to make some purchases and to work off the effects of the blood. Peach and Plum were standing at the door of the Poisoned Fang as if they expected him.

“You've been drinking blood, haven't you?” They said smiling as they led him upstairs.

Later after Sesshomaru had left Plum sighed to Peach as she brushed her hair. “We must hold our dear Lord very close these next times we see him.”

“Why, sister, do you foresee his death?” asked Peach.

“No, but I sense changes to come, changes that do not include us.” Sighed Plum.

“Our Lord will never leave us, he is not the type. He will always come to us and others for comfort!” said Peach.

“I hope you are right sister, but I fear you are not.”

Sesshomaru felt wonderful, elated. He had ordered gowns for the girls, gowns befitting noble women. They would make a fine first appearance at the house. He was in and extremely good mood. In the Market he ran into Mazinga and greeted him heartily.

“Now it is my turn to buy you a drink!” smiled Sesshomaru.

“Such good fortune running into you twice this summer!' laughed Mazinga.

Sesshomaru ordered drinks at an outside stand.

“How long will you be here this time?” asked Mazinga.

“I will be here a few days, why?” said Sesshomaru.

“We are getting together a game of Kun-Ga tonight, are you in?

“Where are you holding it?” asked Sesshomaru.

“At the Poisoned Fang.” Replied Mazinga.

“I'm surprised they let you have a room after last time,” laughed Sesshomaru.

“Well, we told them you would be with us!” said Mazinga.

“Ah, yes, because I can pay the damages.” Said Sesshomaru.

“Yes, and you're the only one who doesn't cheat,” said Mazinga.

Sesshomaru smiled to himself as he sipped his drink. Truth was, he was the best cheater of all. He had been taught by the Master, his father Touga.

“Remember son, “his father would say, “you have to cheat at Kun-Ga, it is a tradition. The trick is to be the one they think is not cheating. That makes you the best of all.”

“I'm in,” said Sesshomaru, “I haven't had a good game in a long time.”

Kun-Ga is a game that is played with black and white tiles. Each tile is etched in gold with a picture or symbol except the black and white tiles printed in red. These are the red tiles. If you are revealed to have a black red and a white red you are out. The winner is the last man standing and since it is a betting game the winner takes the pot. When you get three of a kind you may discard them into the center pile and discard a tile of your choosing. When you have four or less tiles you must take three from the pile. Of course the pile is full of discarded red tiles. If you have two black reds or two white reds you are still in. If you have a black red and white red no one will know unless a reveal is called, so you have a chance to discard them. A reveal can be called at any time and all players must reveal their tiles when one is called. The caller, though, must take a tile from the discard pile. Players all start with five tiles each. Each time you cannot discard you must take two tiles from the discard pile.

As evening approached the Demons gathered at the Poisoned Fang for the game. Sesshomaru knew all in the room a few were good friends. There was Cheu a tall, thin, light green Demon who had a fish like countenance and Vrashtashi from far into the continent, a blue Demon with four arms and a fearsome look though he was a big joker.

The Demons, about ten in number sat around a square low table. Peach and Plum were there acting as dealers. There were a few other Demonesses that Sesshomaru had not seen before. As the game began drinks were served. Sesshomaru drank Dragon's Blood as was his habit.

“Better watch the Dragon's Blood,” laughed Vrashtashi “If you pass out we will take all your tiles and leave you with red!”

Sesshomaru smiled, “You will pass out from plum wine before I am even dizzy.”

Peach and Plum took seats on either side of Sesshomaru stroking his hair ,”We will blow on your tiles for luck my Lord,” they said.

“Why do the ladies always go to you Sesshomaru?” said Vrashrashi, “I am much prettier than you.”

Everyone laughed and Plum blew Vrashtashi a kiss though she stayed with Sesshomaru. A lithe serpentine Demoness slid next toVrashtashi, “Now that is more like it,” he said.

The game proceeded without incident until Mazinga called a reveal. A Large grey stonelike Demon who was revealed to have black and white reds bellowed that Cheu was palming reds and not revealing. Mazinga jumped to his defense and a fight ensued until the Stone Demon was thrown through a screen. After that things really got wild. The drink was flowing and the fists were flying and the tiles were jumping. The pot got bigger and bigger!

Sesshomaru woke up in Peach and Plum's room with no recollection of how he got there. Peach and Plum were contentedly entwined with him and there was the Serpentine Demoness with them. He lifted his head to see Mazinga, Cheu and Vrashtashi all draped around the room. He couldn't remember a thing and he wasn't sure he wanted to.

Cheu woke up and smiled at Sesshomaru, “what a night! How are you feeling?”

“Pretty good,” said Sesshomaru, he didn't have a headache in fact he did feel pretty good.

“It is no wonder you feel so good,” said Vrashtashi, “I have a headache.

“If my wife finds out she will kill me and eat me at last,” said Mazinga.

“Does anyone know who won the pot?” said Vrashtashi.

The Demons all looked at each other until Mazinga noticed Sesshomaru's shirt laying on the floor. “There is something in your sleeve Sesshomaru,” he said.

Sesshomaru got up suddenly aware that the stump of his arm was in full view. He picked up his white undershirt and put it on quickly. He was only wearing the undershirt and his loincloth, his pants and other clothing articles were strewn all over the room. He walked over to his over shirt and felt a large heavy package in the sleeve pocket, It was a bag of gold coins.

“Apparently it was you who won the pot!” said Cheu.

“See, that proves that crime does not pay!” said Mazinga, “Sesshomaru is the only one who does not cheat!”

“Of course he doesn't,” laughed Vrashtashi.

Sesshomaru just smiled, “This should just about cover the damage we caused last night,” he said. “I guess I break even.”

Soon Sesshomaru was bathed and dressed and out in the market again. He walked with Mazinga through the main market place. Mazinga was looking for an especially nice gift for his fearsome wife.

“After Solstice I am going to fight in the south with my cousins. Why don't you join us Sesshomaru. The battles will prove challenging and there is a fortune in gold and opals to be had.

“Can I bring Jaken?” smiled Sesshomaru.

“Of course, he is welcome!” thundered Mazinga.

“Then I think I will take you up on this, I will meet you here after Solstice.” Said Sesshomaru.

“Excellent! Until then,” beamed Mazinga.

They made their goodbyes. Sesshomaru went to finish the shopping he had started. A few days had passed. Surely the first fish would have made their appearance in the bay. He would alert the villagers that he would be bringing the ladies to the house. As he flew over the bay on a-Un he could see schools of fish swimming through the water.

“So many already,” he thought.

The villagers were very happy when they saw him. They showed him the fish they had caught that morning. Even the old Priest had stopped his muttering.

“We will welcome the ladies,” said Nobu, “After all, because of them you came to us and because you came to us, our village is saved.”

Sesshomaru was surprised at the feeling that came over him. He had always professed to hate humans. He had considered them a pestilence on the Earth. That's what his father had taught him. Then again, his father had loved a human and produced a son with her. he himself protected a little human girl. Life, even for a Demon was so complicated.


Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Chibi-chan on May 7, 2006, 2:20:26 AM

Chibi-chan on
Chibi-chanplease keep writing and tell me when u do it please.

keep it up, I just love this story

The-Ragdoll-Sally on April 25, 2006, 7:48:22 AM

The-Ragdoll-Sally on
The-Ragdoll-SallyI'm really glad you like the story so far, there is alot to come and I am getting it on line as quickly as my little fingers can type. Thank you so much for reading it - The Ragdoll Sally