Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Arrival of the Brothers of Fire

While traviling to find Naraku, Kagome senses a jewel shard and the gang investigates, uknown to them that a group of traveling demon slayers has a "little" surprise for them.

Chapter 3 - Arrival of the Brothers of Fire

Chapter 3 - Arrival of the Brothers of Fire


<center>***Here's Chapter 3! It might be shorter, but it's pretty funny. ***</center>





We last left off Antari and Miroku after they had discussed hteir pasts. The two were watching the sunset until….





Suddenly, both felt a pressence behind them. “Do you feel that brother?” asked Antari.



“Hai, I sense a youkai appraoching.”



The two stood up and sacanned the trees. They were ready for anything that laid in wait for them. Their confidence was greater than ever. The two brothers were ready to face the unseen threat, together.



They scanned the trees, loking for what ever was out there. Suddenly they saw a shadowed figure rush out of the trees. It shot stream of fire towards them. Antari and MIroku just barely managed to dodge the attack.



Miroku was just about to unleesh his kazzana, but Antari stopped him. “Why are you stopping me?”



“Because I know that attack.”



Miroku stood confused as he watched his younger brother walk forward towards until he got close to the shadowed figure. “It's been a while… Jai.”



The figure chuckled and he held out his weapon, a long pike with spikes near the blade. The end glowed and fire rose out of the blade like a torch, lighting up the dark night. “Yeah, can't say I missed ya' though.”



This person, Miroku saw, wasn't human, he had the ears of a demon and long fire-red hair that was tied back in a low ponytail. His eyes were also red. Miroku wondered how his brother knew thids demon.



“Miroku,” said Antari, turning to face his brother. “Meet Jai of the Flame. A hanyou, a mage, and one of my longtime friends.”



Miroku was a little shocked. This “hanyou” looked like a taiyoukai, and how was he friends with his brother?”



Antari noticed his confusion and stepped forward to explain. “I met Jai when he and his brother attacked my village. I, along with some of my friends, managed to capture him. To prevent him from attacking us in the future…” Antari walked back to Jai and pointed to a neckless that was partially concieled. “We put a special neckless of praer beads on him., causing him to be subdued whenever I say <i>the word</i>”



Miroku noticed that Jai flinched when Antari finished. He wondered what he meant by subdued. He then remembred his brother's words. “Wait, didn't you say that he had a brother?”



“Hai. Jai, where is Kai?”



Miroku assumed Kai was his brother. “He's with me. He just fell behind a little.” He responded.



“Hai, because you won't fracking wait!”



The three looked and saw a person standing only a few feet from Jai, trying to catch his breath. He had brown short hair and brown eyes. He looked like Jai, but appeared older. Miroku noticed something different about him though. “Your not a youkai, are you?”



“Iie, I'm human. I'm Jai's half-brother, Kai of Fire.”



“It's nice to see you again” said Antari looking at the two. “but, what are you doing here? You didn't follow me did you?”



“Sorta,” replied Jai. “We picked up you and your friends' scents. Is there a reason your out here, this far from your village.” Then a little smirk apeared on Jai's face. “Wait, if you're here, that means your village is unprotected, right?”



Antari's expression grew stern. “Don't even think about it Jai. If you even consider attacking my village I will subdue you right now!”



“Ha! Yeah right! I'd kill ya' before you even got to say tha…” he was cut off when Antari yelled out, “Sustain!” The prayer beads around Jai's neck suddenly glowed and he plumeted face down into the ground. Miroku thought this looked a lot like Kagome's `sit' commands.



Jai laid face down on the ground cursing and trying to move. “Damn you, what the hell was that for?!”



“To show you your actual say in our argument.”



Jai just cussed some more then laid face down waiting for the spell to wear off. Kai stodd next to him and looked down at his paralyzed brother. “You really shouldn't of pissed him off. You know how defensive he is about his village.”



“Shut up.”



Kai just shrugged his shoulder's, “I tried.” He then leaned againt a tree and snapped his fingers. A spark flashed and a small fireball glowed in Kai's hand. This caused Miroku to wonder.



“Are you a mage?”



Kai looked at him curiously. “Hai. I can create fire, but I have a hard time manipulating it. Mostly, I just use my power on my crossbow.” He then pointed at his back and Miroku noticed the small metal crossbow that was there. “I use my fire power to launch fire lit arrows.”



The two were interupted by Jai lifting himself off the ground. He grunted and finally got to is feet. “Finally, that stupid fracking spell's gone.”



“Watch yourself Jai.” Said Antari in a taunting fashion. “I might say <i>it</i> again!” He then laughed at Jai's anger at not being able to do anything. He just grumbled under his breath and yelled at Kai that they should return home.



“Hai, Jai. Well, I have to leave before my brother takes off without me again.” He turned to leave, but stopped. “What is your name by the way?”



“Miroku, Antari's older brother”



Kai just walked off, but then stopped and whipped around wide eyed at the two. “Nani?!”



“Jai, come on already!”



Kai just stood there gaping at the two, but then turned around and ran to catch up with his brother.



Antari and Miroku stood there for a moment before they made their voyage back to the village.



Night had fallen, and both were tired.



“Brother?” said Miroku.



“Hai?”



“It is good to have met you.”



Antari smiled and the two continued their way into the village.





<center><i>-To Be Continued…</i></center>





<center>*** Chapter 4 won't be up for sometime because I'm gonnabe working on my other fics. Don't worry though, they'll be good! ***</center>

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Inu_lover1644 on April 15, 2006, 5:38:14 AM

Inu_lover1644 on
Inu_lover1644yay! I like it a lot. its really good plz continue! =^_^=

Inu_lvr on August 7, 2005, 7:35:31 AM

Inu_lvr on
Inu_lvr-^_^- Hey there. I said I'd read your fic. That was so like kawaii!! Hope you hurry up with chapter four.