Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Book Critque

Hey this is my project for school lol I did it in 2 hours so NO FLAMMING! and It's just here because my printer won't print it at my house, so when I get to school I am going to print it there

Chapter 2 - Book Critque

Chapter 2 - Book Critque
Michael Lovell





Mr. Blair





Economics




Sept, 7,08





The Clay Marble

The Clay Marble is a brilliant book (and true story) that teaches everyone the lessons and pain of war. The author told her story loud and clear, touching the hearts of all who read it. This story is a clear message to us all, no matter how distant a war is, no matter who’s fighting, Thusly, we are ALL connected. Furthermore, we are all affected by the little things that go on around us. Even if it is a fight between "4 deaf men" as said in the book.




Cambodia, 1970’s, war has torn apart villages and it’s people. Dara’s brother has just escaped from his ‘work crew’ and has passed word onto his family, for them to go to the boarder and to leave their village. Once found, the boarder is everything it was said to be.“There’s more then we need”, “Rice stacks up to be mountains high!!!” all true statements by people passing from the boarder. This Refugee camp is like heaven to Dara and her new friend Jantu. But, as said in the book, all things good must come to an end.





Dara and Jantu become close friends, and when someone tries to break them apart it just makes them stronger. When hard times strike, Jantu, a very creative 13 year old girl, makes a gift for Dara. A Clay Marble. This Clay marble not only symbolizes strength, 'Magic' and courage, but the courage, 'magic' and strength you have always had but never shown before. Dara keeps this marble throughout the story and prays on it. Though the magic may not be real, the marble does help her in a deeper way.Jantu and Dara maintain a special friendship throughout the last few chapters of the book, keeping n mind, that anything can happen if you believe.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment