Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Chapter One

The first book in a series about five 7th grade girls with extraordinary powers. First original story, please don't flame!

Chapter 1 - Chapter One

Chapter 1 - Chapter One

Chapter One


In the castle of Mayadere

A lone figure stood in front of a protective glass shield atop a black stand. He wore a long, navy blue robe with the symbol for his country across the chest, which was a strangely drawn circle with the symbols of fire, water, earth and air in its center. A solid gold headband with the same symbol clung to his noble brow. He had long auburn hair with streaks of gray from age in a ponytail, it reached down to his waist. He was considerably old, he looked around fifty years old. His bright green eyes stayed firm to the items inside the glass. It was very hard to see the items since the glass was so dusty. Something seemed to be troubling the old man.

Aye...tis a sad day... he thought. I knew this day would come...I just didn’t know it would come so soon...

He placed one hand on the glass, wishing that past events never occurred and that when this day came, he would still have the solution by his side. Suddenly, someone burst through the door behind him.

“My lord!” cried the voice. The old man turned around.

It came from a young man, he looked to be about fifteen. He had light-brown hair down to his shoulders and golden eyes. He wore a chain around his head that had a jewel with the country’s symbol. His robes were black with gold on the ends of the arms, on the collar, and on the bottom of the robe.

“Yes Leon? What is troubling you?” asked the old man of the boy.

Leon walked over to him, his eyes filled with worry and shock.

“King Jon...the rumors...are they true?” asked Leon. “Please say that they aren’t.”

King Jon’s eyes closed slightly as he turned away from the boy. There was a long pause between them.

“Yes Leon...I’m afraid...the rumors are true...I can no longer wield the sword...and neither can the Chosen Knights...” replied the king.

Leon gasped slightly at the news.

“But my lord...if none of you can wield the five swords...won’t the country fall into” he was cut off.

“Complete and utter chaos?” replied the king for him. “...Yes...that is true...”

There was another uncomfortable silence between them. Finally, Leon spoke up again.

“What do you propose we do my liege?” asked the boy.

King Jon turned to face the boy, a small shimmer of hope in his eyes.

“There’s only one thing we can do...” he replied.

Leon’s eyes widened. He couldn’t believe what the king was thinking.

“You don’t mean...” Leon started. The king nodded. “Impossible! Your highness, we’ve looked high and low for the child...and every time the result was the same. The princess will never be found.” replied Leon.

The king’s gaze stiffened slightly.

“There’s one place we have not checked Leon...”


At Fox Lane Middle School on Earth

“Oh my God! I’m so late!” shouted a young girl as she raced down the hallway, bag and books in hand.

She had long auburn hair in a ponytail with a headband. Her brown-hazel eyes were full of sheer panic as she ran for her life. She wore a tight but slightly baggy black midriff that said “Menace To Society” on the chest and baggy denim jeans. She had her ears pierced twice, one on the lobe and one on the top of her ear. This girl is known as Lucinda Collins, or Luc to her friends. She was in 7th grade and she had just turned thirteen.

She could see her classroom all the way at the end of the hall. She looked at her watch. She only had 10 seconds! She started running faster, she was becoming a blur to every passer-bye. Right as she neared the door, another girl stepped in front of her. This girl had shoulder length light-brown hair with gold highlights, it seemed to be covering her ears. Her eyes were a light blue and she had strange markings on her face. She wore a bright red cap with a black heart in the middle, a light blue flare shirt with extra long sleeves and a long skirt that covered her feet.

Lucinda couldn’t exactly slow down right now. She ran the girl over, literally, and rushed into her classroom, leaving the girl for hallway road-kill. She immediately stopped and slammed the door shut. She started gasping for air and everyone turned to stare at her. Lucinda looked around with shifty eyes and slowly started to regain her composure. She pushed stray hair behind her elfish ears and walked to her desk. As soon as she sat down, the math teacher turned around to face the class. The teacher had short bleached-blonde hair that was rounded at the end and big brown eyes. She wore a traditional schoolteacher’s outfit, which was a button-down jacket with a matching navy blue skirt and black high-heels. She looked to be about in her late twenties.

“Good morning class!” The teacher greeted the class in her usual syrupy, sickly sweet voice.

“Good morning Ms. Smith.” replied the class at the same time in monotone.

Ms. Smith smiled her pearly-white grin. “I have fantastic news!” she stated.

Lucinda’s elbow rested on the desk and her hand kept her head up. What? You’re finally retiring? Lucinda thought bitterly. She never liked Ms. Smith. Too perky for her taste.

“We will be receiving a new student! All the way from the exotic land of Egypt!” stated the teacher in an overly-dramatic tone.

Wow...that is SO exciting! Lucinda thought in sarcasm. Ms. Smith acted the exact same way when she moved here two months ago, except she said the “exotic” land of South America in place of Egypt. She sighed in boredom.

Ms. Smith turned to the door. “Ms. Carolyn? You can come in now!” she said to someone out in the hallway.

The doorknob turned, and Lucinda just turned her head slightly, eyes half-lidded. A girl walked in, dusting off newly made footprints from her flare shirt. Lucinda bolted straight up in her seat. It was the girl she ran over in the hall!

“Oh shiitake mushrooms.” she mumbled to herself. She picked up her math textbook and opened it in front of her face, hiding herself from this girl’s wrath, if she had any.

“Class, this is Ms. Carolyn Moon. Ms. Moon, would you please be so kind as to introduce yourself?” inquired Ms. Smith in her honey-sweet voice.

She stepped up in front of the class and rubbed her arm. “Uh...my name is Carolyn, but everyone calls me May, and...uh...I just moved here from Egypt because my dad is opening a gaming shop here and...that’s it.” she stated quietly. The teacher smiled at her.

“My! How interesting!” Again said in a sickly-sweet tone. “Now just to find where you will be sitting!” she looked around the room. Her large, chocolate orbs spotted the seat next to Lucinda. “There! You can sit next to Lucinda Ms. Moon!”

Oh crud, oh crud, oh crud! Lucinda thought repeatedly as May walked over and sat in the seat next to hers. She could feel a bead of sweat drip down her forehead as she kept her head in the book.

May stared at Lucinda quizically. “Uh, what”cha reading?” she asked innocently. Lucinda stiffened.

“Uh...you know...just brushing up on my times tables!” replied Lucinda nervously. May just stared at her.

“Okay...um...you DO know that you’re reading your math book upside-down right?” she asked again. Lucinda mentally slapped herself.

“Of course I know! Uh...I trained myself how to read upside-down!” Lucinda replied, laughing nervously. Wow...I sound REALLY stupid now! She thought angrily in her head. Her face was still hidden by the book.

May blinked a few times before replying. “Okay...” she said and turned back to watching Ms. Smith rant about fractions and decimals. Before Lucinda could take in the rant, she heard May mutter “Weirdo” to herself.

Lucinda deserved that, she was being weird. She sighed in relief and started to take in the lesson, depressed that she had two more periods to wait before lunch.

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Blaze666 on October 18, 2005, 8:46:40 AM

Blaze666 on
Blaze666more please!! i like it... shes a fellow redhead with hazel eyes lol.

Luv ALways
Blaze

I Love Orlando Bloom

skitty101 on August 15, 2005, 10:33:29 AM

skitty101 on
skitty101So....the beggining was a bit confusin' but I'll have to wait untill chapter 2 comes which is when...?

Vegiti on June 22, 2005, 7:59:33 AM

Vegiti on
VegitiSOMEONE PLEASE COMMENT!