Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - The wakeup Call- Chapter One

Sarah gets a wakeup call in life..her parents murder

Chapter 1 - The wakeup Call- Chapter One

Chapter 1 - The wakeup Call- Chapter One


Sarah sat in the wating room empty minded, as if the place wasn't real. Here pale blue eyes were staring into space, dreaming of another world where death wasn't real. Death wasn't something to fear. Death was something that didn't happen. The nurse walked up to her, Sarah looked up to see the nurse smiling. Sarah looked to the left disgusted at the nurse's happiness. Sarah was the kind of person who always thought of the worst outcome of a situation. Death. The nurse cleared her throat-“Ms. Sarah Beck?” she said trying to sound cheery. “What?” Sarah said staring at the small table with a bible, thinking what made people think pray could help. “You can see your father now, please follow me” She said turning to the door. Sarah got up and followed not wanting to be here. As they got to his hospital room the nurse stopped Sarah from entering-“There is a detective in there. He will be asking you questions but afterwards you can gave alone time with your dad” Sarah slightly nodded and walked inside. The detective was sipping coffee and staring out the window. Sarah walked a few steps in to find her dad in a deep sleep. “Hello..?” Sarah said looking at the detective. He had stringy hair and he looked dirty. His suit was about 3 times too big for him and his hat didn't match. “Ms.Beck I am detective Warner, I have a few questions to ask you. Please sit” Sarah sat in the chair to the right of her father's bed. She stared at him weakly. “ Listen, I know its hard but we need to get to bottom of this...now last night when you got home what was the first thing you saw when you opened the door?” He said putting down his coffee. “I-I saw him lying on the floor...and the place was a mess…mother was on the ground…bleeding...the room had a smell of death...I quickly ran to the phone...and called 911” She said beginning to tear up. The detective jotted it down. “Do you have an idea of who would have done this?” He said with no feeling. “Well, no, everyone loved my parents, I mean they were nice to everyone and very successful.” The detective wrote it down and continued with his questioning. “Well you do understand that you are 18 and are now your own guardian” Sarah nodded and began to cry. Sarah was the kind of person who didn't realize the world was a hard place to live in sometimes and she couldn't depend on her self. What would she do? Who would take care of her? As soon as the thought entered her mind, her father's heart monitor began to beep. The nurses ran in and tried to save him-he was dieing. 12 minutes later they pronounced him dead. Sarah broke down she had then just lost her world. She left the hospital crying and screaming, a friend drove her to a hotel. Sarah checked in and hid under the covers trying to hide from the world. Her phone rang…Sarah thought it was odd to have a phone call. She picked up the phone. “Hello…who is this?” A few seconds later a harsh voice answered- “This is your wake up call”…”I didn't ask for one” Sarah said annoyed. The man began to laugh-“You need it Sarah…your parents murder was the ring of the phone and this is your message-Your next.” Sarah screamed and hung up the phone. She froze…-“Next?..

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

theWriter on April 16, 2006, 9:36:03 AM

theWriter on
theWriterYou have a good idea but before I say anything else you MUST PARAGRAPH everything. IT is difficult to descipher anything from everything because it's all clumped together in a mega-blob. So, each time there's a new idea, thought, thing of speech, person, whatever, there must be a new paragraph.