Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - the beginning

In a storm this character experances unexplainable actions and happenings around her. To find out what happens keep reading and enjoy.

(this short story was rewritten and changed, please enjoy the newest version of The Storm)

Chapter 1 - the beginning

Chapter 1 - the beginning
The storm continued, lightning and thunder lit and shook the house. Waiting for the storm to be over Nicole sat at the small island in the kitchen waiting for the storm to end its rampage. Lightening struck and made the shadows leap and dance about like ravenous wolves leaping for the dark shadows of the woods. The power has been out since the storm has started, about to switch to the storm update the television went black and the lights died with a buzzing noise and the house let out a sigh as if it where its last breath.

Getting off of the stool the room lit and the outside world seemed to be as bright as day. When the windows lit it seemed as if a male figure was lurking about by the window, tall, hunched over, and had a dangerous appearance about it. Frozen, heart racing she stared at the window the figure were gone as quickly as the lightening vanished almost ghost like. Her heart jumped in her chest and her palms where covered with a thin layer of sweat. Blinking away the thought of someone outside she reached for her purse and grabbed the house keys. If there is someone outside she would lock the doors and keep them out there.

She walked through the empty house as she picked at the keys on the ring and found the odd shaped key that would fit perfectly into the lock and keep the intruder out. Nicole’s pace quickened as she reached for the front door and stuck the key in, about to turn the key to lock the door the sound of a window breaking caused her to jump. Hearing the shattered glass fall and hit the wood floor behind her. She spun around eyes searching frantically seeking the intruder as the room lit up reveling the intruder stepping through the threshold of the broken glass window.

She stood back against the door heart pounding, she felt as if it would burst out of her chest, watching the intruder step on the glass and make his way to her the sound of the crunching glass beneath his feet seemed louder than the storm outside. As he got closer she turned and ripped open the door and ran out into the storm. She ran down the driveway, legs burning and aching, she gasped for air. Nicole reached the road and ran down it, glancing back she saw no one proceeding her.
She jerked her head around when headlights lit up the road in front of her and blinded her, she skipped down to a walk. Waving her hands in the air frantically and screamed at the on coming car. Making her way to the car as it slowed down, she ran in front of the vehicle. The car stopped on a dime almost hitting her knees , she braced against the car with her hands and bent over the hood wide eyed and taking quick shallow breaths of air. She stood back up quickly and ran to the passenger side of the vehicle as the window rolled down slowly.

She shouted unknowing at the person in panic of being persued by a stranger who had broken into her house, who lingered outside in the storm, and smashed a window to get in. The young man in the drivers seat only stared at her, worried almost for his own safety than hers. He finally let her in the vehicle, gave her a chance to buckle her seatbelt and he slowly drove off. After a few seconds he flipped the turn signal on, she looked at him in panic, he was pulling into the drive way leading to the house. Panic settled in her as she started to claw at the seatbelt release button, by the time she got it to released they where at the house, parked in the driveway. As she turned to grab the handle of the door she met face to face with the man who broke into her house, his face damp with rain with dark murderous eyes staring at her. The rain was letting up and the storm was coming to the end and the door to the vehicle opened, and shut with a forceful slam.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment