Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - The Quest Begins

The story of the Next Avatar, who must travel around the world with her friends to learn all the elements and defeat Azula and the Fire Nation "traitors"

Chapter 2 - The Quest Begins

Chapter 2 - The Quest Begins
Avatar: The Next Waterbender





Vada stepped out of her hut, greeting the dawn of a new day. She had mixed feelings today, because tomorrow she was to leave her home in the Southern Water Tribe to the Earth Kingdom so she can start her Earthbending training, because she, as the Water Priests have confirmed that she was the next Avatar, and having learned and mastered Waterbending, (plus plantbending and some blood bending, though nobody knew this except Vada and her mother/teacher Katara), she will have to master Earthbending as the next element. She was excited about this, because she a was free, adventure loving spirit. She had often been caught trying to sneak into the hundred-year-old Fire Nation War ship that was lying frozen near the tribe. But on the other hand, she had never been to the Earth Kingdom before. She had only been to the Southern Air Temple, once, when she had to choose her Sky Bison. How was she supposed to behave in the Earth Kingdom? Could she still practice her Water Tribe traditions, or must she have to abide with Earth Kingdom ways? What was she going to say? How was she going to act? Vada froze in her steps, Staring out into space. And what about Azula? This was the biggest question of them all. Azula formed a large army and navy of Fire Nation warriors who refused to accept the peace that Azulas brother, Fire Lord Zuko, had made with the other nations. Those Firebenders run around the world, causing death and destruction wherever they go, in order to fulfill the vision that Azulas great-grandfather, Fire Lord Sozin had once foreseen& a world ruled by the Fire Nation, where Fire was the dominant element! But through a hundred years of war, the Fire Nation had failed and peace was restored, Thanks to Fire Lord Zuko and Avatar Aang, Vadas deceased father. But Azula will stop at nothing unless she is killed, or will make Fire the dominant element. And Azula will, without doubt, be chasing Vada all over the Earth Kingdom and eventually the world, no matter how many lives will be lost in the process. Vada, Vada, Vada, VADA! Katara yelled to bring her daughter back into the real world. Huh? Wha? Who? Vada instantly piped up, scanning her surrounding environments. Im right in front of you. Oh, hi mom. Hi. Now come on, I have to tell you some things before you leave for the Earth Kingdom tomorrow. Oh yeah. Right. Earth Kindom. Vada said unenthusiastically. Whats the matter? Arent you excited about learning Earthbending? I am, but I dont know what to do in the Earth Kingdom! What if I mess up or something embarrassing happens? What will I do? Vada, Honey, there is nothing to worry about. The Earth Kingdom is not a place to be afraid of. I know, Ive been there. But didnt you fight Azula and Mwa muh mwa muh. Vada said, her voice muffled by her mothers hand. There is no need to talk about what happened 20 years ago. There is nothing to worry about, remember that. Katara said, her voice cracking because of the painful memory of what happened in the Crystal Catacombs long ago, and because she knew there was something to worry about. Now,& Katara began, leading her Daughter back to their hut. &You will be riding to Ba Sing Se on your Sky Bison,(Vada acquired a Sky Bison several years ago at the Southern Air temple.) and your friend Sneg will be with you. You will fly to your Aunt Tophs and Uncle Sokkas home, where you will learn from earthbending from your cousin. Do you understand? Vada nodded. Then you will fly to the Fire Nation Palace to Fire Lord Zuko and Fire Lady Mai, and you will learn Firebending from their daughter, O.K.? Vada nodded once more. After that, you will ride off to the Western Air temple, where you will learn your final element, Airbending. Allright? Vada nodded for the third time, and then piped up and then Ill go home! No, and then you will go back to the Earth Kingdom to learn about your Avatar abilities. There is a Guru there who will help you. And then you will come home. Now, you must pack some, but not all, of your belongings for the quest ahead of you. O.K. Mom, and& Vada began, but instantly froze in Mid-sentence. Something dark was falling from the sky. This isnt snow& Vada said. No& Katara replied, her eyes growing wide and afraid. These are ashes from a Fire Nation War ship! She exclaimed, as several people ran up to see what was going on. Into the Distance, they saw ten Fire Nation ships, ready to invade the Southern Water Tribe.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment