Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - The Calling

This is my story inspired by the final fantasy game as well as some other stuff that i like. I'm still working on it. I write it when i can.

Chapter 1 - The Calling

Chapter 1 - The Calling

 
 
Chapter One: The Calling

 
 

 

 
 

The room was dark, like it has been so many times before it. Books leaning on shelves, papers on desks and window opened halfway for the shadows of the wind to blow in. Near the window was a man in a chair. His hand at his face, his eyes tired. As he staring out deeply at the night sky. He lifted his hand to his hair as he dialed a number on his cell-phone. Ring…. Ring…ring…. "…She never answers when I first call her… " The man thought to himself. Ring…. Ring…ring…. The phone continued… Ring…. Ring…ring-ing…."I swear that note on her phone, makes my heart skip a beat…" He said as he listened to the answering machine. "Hi! This is Janet. Sorry I’m not here right now, but please leave a message and I’ll-‘click’- Hello? " Said the woman. A bit surprised that she actually answered, he replied in a tired voice - "Hey..." "Oh, hi Zack. How your research going?" "Ok…" "Are you alright?" She asked him. "Yeah…just tired…" He yawned, and at this she said. "Well, it is pretty late…Do you want to get something to eat? You’ve been working hard all week..." She then waited for his reply. He thought about it for a minute, and then said. "Why not…" "Great! I’ll pick you up in around 10mintues, ok?" She sounded happy at this. "Yeah, ok" "Don’t worry, we’ll find our research soon…Maybe Erik can help us? I heard that he’s in town." "Maybe…See you soon" "Bye" "Bye" As Zack hang-up the phone he thought to himself, maybe Erik could help. He hasn’t heard from him in a long time and it would be good to catch up on things. He continued to look back out the window at the sky again and closed his eyes. "You’re always working yourself to hard." Said a voice of a woman from behind him. He turned around and looked at her dazzled. "Did I fall asleep?" He asked, Janet smiled and nodded. "Then I must be tired, what time is it?" She looked at her phone. "It’s almost 11:10pm. Listen, we’d better hurry. There aren’t that many places this late." He stood up and walked to the closet door. "Right… Just let me grab my coat." A few minutes later Janet was standing by the door across the window, waiting for Zack. "You done yet?" She asked him. "Almost" he said, then "Yeah, let’s go." As they left the room. He turned, locked the door and continued to walk down the stairs.

After they passed through the set of stairs and where now on the first floor, Janet laughed as she said. "You know, of all the floors you could have been on. You just had to pick the one near the top." At this, Zack looked more downward at his feet as they continued to the doors that lead to garage section of the building. She opened the door for them and said. "I’m only kidding" As she smiled at him in a happy tone. He gave her a small, but never the less, happy smile in return. Zack personally liked the building that he had choosing to do his research in. It was an old classic brick building, with windows on very floor. It was four stories tall with a balcony like area on the fourth floor. Luckily for Zack, he was able to find the building. For it had been restored and refurbished just a few years previously. To him, it was his own private mansion. Well…the part that was his, anyway…

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Lonely_Girl on July 14, 2006, 8:12:26 AM

Lonely_Girl on
Lonely_Girlwell...it's a little itty bit shorter than my chapters...

WereWolf390 on June 15, 2006, 8:19:34 AM

WereWolf390 on
WereWolf390I have no idea why it always comes out so stupid when i add a story....