Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Dreams and Passings

A girl named kel has the power to change into any animal and 'immortal' she wants to. She can also heal and speak with animals. But she'll soon learn that its not always the best to have that kind of power.

Chapter 1 - Dreams and Passings

Chapter 1 - Dreams and Passings


Chapter One: Meetings



A five-year-old girl ran down a dirt path in the middle of the night, heavy footsteps sounding close behind her yet unseen. Her black hair trailed behind her, silver tips waving in the night breeze.
She gasped for air as she collapsed in the bushes after losing her pursuers. She clenched her Blood red eyes shut. When she opened them in front of here was---



The girl, now thirteen, woke up. How long has it been sense I've seen that memory? She asked herself bitterly. As she got out of bed she sighed. She had been staying in that hotel for about four days now. Way to long for her. After Dressing in a pair of black cotton breeches, a blood red silk shirt, and black buckle up combat boots she packed her things.



What took you so long Kel? a womans voice said from behind her. Kel turned to see her fateful horse Shiva. Shiva had beautiful silver eyes to match the silver crescent moon on her forehead. Her mane and tail were black with silver flecks in them and her coat was a shiny black color. Also her hooves were a midnight black color with a blood red color rimming the bottom.



"Yeah... Sorry I was remembering again." She sighed. She saddled Shiva up and put her bridle on. After packing their things (food, clothes, and water) she mounted up and trotted Shiva away from the inn. She looked at the sky blankly.



Stop sulking about the past. You can't do anything about it now so don't think about it. Shiva sighed. She hated that day as much a Kel did but it was worse of Kel. You went through it so I don't know how it felt but... I still know what happened. She said looking back slightly.



"Well I guess your right Shiva. I'll stop dwelling on the past." Kel said smiling. She looked forward and saw three horses coming over the hill. Kel sighed. More people to pass. She didn't like being around people and hoped they wouldn't want to talk to her.



Their horses say their riders are Ari of Ioniose, the one in front, Ally of Reconame, the second one, and Izen of Okamina, the third one. Shiva said. She had asked them a while back when Kel had been thinking.



"Thanks." she whispered. She had heard stories of the queen’s riders. These three people were in it.



The first, Ari, wore a pair of simple riding boots, a white silk shirt, brown breeches, and some gold armor covering part of her forearm, upper arm, chest, and them some more gold armor covering her shins. The chest armor had a purple gem in the middle as well as on the gauntlets she wore. Her dirty blond hair was up in a high ponytail held up with a gold band. Her bangs covered her lavender eyes slightly but her eyes were still visible. She was first in command when the queen wasn't around.



The second, Ally, also wore a simple pair of riding boots. Her silk shirt was a cream color, her breeches were also brown, and she wore the same armor as Ari only hers was silver and without the gems. Her Brown hair was up in a messy bun and her bangs fell on either side of her face clearly showing her emerald eyes. She was second in command, and like Ari only, when the Queen wasn't around.



Then the last one was Izen. He wore a pair of black boots, a white cotton shirt, black breeches, and silver armor like the Ally. He had short black hair with blood red flecks in it and it was all ruffled. His dark blue eyes were the color of the sea.



Kel simply rode passed them and they didn't even look her way. Once far from them she let out a long sigh. "Is it just me or did it look like they were looking for someone?" Kel asked Shiva.



They were looking for something all right. Something important I guess. They didn't even notice you.[/i] Shiva said looking around.



"What are you looking for? Food?" Kel asked. It had been about an hour sense they had left and they hadn't eaten yet.



Yes as a mater of fact I am. Shiva replied proudly. She snatched an apple from a low hanging branch. Kel also grabbed on passing it. Kel bit into is happily.



"Free food." She muttered between her second and third bite. After eating the apple she threw it into a bush they were passing. A low screech came from above them. Kel looked up and saw a large black Hawk falling strait towards her. "Crap!" she squeaked as she caught the bird. An arrow was deeply embedded into his left wing. She pulled it out quickly. It had broken the bone and so she had to put a slow healing on it. If she healed it to fast it would be stronger than the other bones.



Throw the bird away Kel. I thought you stopped picking up strays? Shiva said mildly. She didn't like birds after a flock of them had separated them from her mother when she was a colt.



"Oh suck it up. Its just a hawk." Kel sighed. "When he's down healing I'll make him leave ok?" Kel said. But she knew if the bird didn't want to leave he wouldn't.



Fine. Shiva snorted. She galloped down the road making Kel nearly fall from the saddle.



Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Peacock on March 29, 2006, 7:04:59 AM

Peacock on
PeacockYou're spellings quite bad, Scary. But I like the stoyline so far. Hurry up with the next one or I will eat your head.

BlackCat180 on March 13, 2006, 4:54:01 AM

BlackCat180 on
BlackCat180FEAR THE KEL!!! FEAR HER!!! ^^ Great story o vampire! Put more out, AND YOU!!! YES, THE READER!!! COMMENT OR I DOTH SEND OUT THY PURPLE DUCKS!!!! Of course, only with the vampire's regreds. ^^ LIke I said, put more out! I'll be waiting, you buttmunch!

Allester on February 27, 2006, 9:59:01 AM

Allester on
Allesterquite a good story 7.7 stars