Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Chap. 2 painful memories prt. 1

When he was 8...ish Kouichi witnessed somthing. Now almost five years later the past is becoming the present as things he forgot are comin' back. BETTER THEN IT SOUNDS! pliz R&R! I swear the writing gets bertter as it goes...

Chapter 2 - Chap. 2 painful memories prt. 1

Chapter 2 - Chap. 2 painful memories prt. 1


^_^'

Sorry it took so long peeps and just a warning this chapter might be short and the next one really long. And that's simply because I decide to split them up or it would be a very long chapter and you might get to bored and stop reading it…Oh and this chapter is kinda like the first…a little…. but in the next chapter the others are going to be in it too…

Probably little parts but in the forth I'm going to try an make as much Kouji Takuya and Kouichi action as possible so hang tight!! Okay so here we go….



BTW…please don't be confused about the age thing It'll be explained by the next chapter…swear!



Disclaimer: same old blah, blah, blah I don't own ANYTHING! Except the crappy plot and very few Ocs. Got it? Good I'm glad we understand each other!(I also don't own That's the last memory that I have of her. Sadly. That song so sad and I love it so much)



Left behind from the forgotten



That's the last memory that I have of her.

Out of so many that's the one that hurts…

Isn't it funny bout the things that you remember and the things you don't…

That's the last memory in the world I'd ever want…



Chapter two: painful memories part one…



`…'



“Mom? Grandma? Are you home?”



Seven-year-old Kouichi Kimura walked through the front door of the small apartment, holding a few wild flowers wrapped in a ribbon in his hand.



“Mom?” he asked again after not receiving an answer the first time.



Kouichi untied his shoes, slipped them off and set them to the side. He walked further into the quiet, makeshift house looking for his mother or grandmother and stopped by the kitchen table to put down his small school bag.



“Mom…?” he half asked half pleaded.



He wanted to see her. He hadn't gotten to see her all day yesterday or this morning. When he woke up she had already gone to work. From what his grandma told him she'd come home late last night, spent half an hour looking for something for work then fell fast…asleep.



An idea came to mind…



He wandered down the hall and to her small bedroom, opening the door with a hopeful smile on his face. He was expecting to see her sleeping being tired from all the work she'd recently been doing. And if she were he'd be sure to see her today.



“Nope…she's not in here either.” He shook his head sadly as he put the wild flowers in his pocket.



Not finding her he was about to shut the door… when something by the open closet caught his eye. He pushed the door back open.



He started walking over to the closet, suddenly stepped on something and tripped forward.

“Ow!”



He got up and looked around the hard floor. Whatever he stepped on it hurt. A moment later he found the thing he'd tripped on. He picked up the tiny object and studied it for a minute. `A bead…?'



By now he was very curious.

Why was there a purple bead on the floor?



He grasped the bead hard in his small hand making sure as not to loose it as he walked over to the closet and looked for any other stray beads that might have fallen on the floor.



As he approached the closet again he started to recognize that it was a white and silver box that lay on the floor, slightly sticking out of the sliding door carelessly put on the floor surrounded by all sorts of old books and a cardboard box full of papers. She must have been either very tired or in a hurry seeing as normally she was quite neat.



He knew he wasn't supposed to go through his mom's room but…



He sat on the floor and slowly opened the box. As it opened he was lost in his memories as a slow, quiet tune filled the room.



It was a familiar tune to be sure…the tune he'd heard his mother sing the words to so many times before. As the tune finished playing and the top open so that the small secular mirror was now facing him he looked down and came back to reality.



Inside the box was a bunch of small, white and purple beads like the one he'd found earlier. Most of the beads where strung together on a thread-like string the others where in the corners and had fallen off. There where small pieces of the string that looked like they'd been broken from the original.



He wondered how many times she'd tried to re-sting the beads.



Then he dropped the one he held inside, lifted one end of the string and with-no success-tried to stop the beads from falling off and rolling around the box.



He noticed that the end of the sting he held was tied tightly around a bead and held there by a knot. He figured this one was supposed to make sure the others didn't slid off when putting the others on. He took the string all the way out…



There was a small bouncing sound and he saw one bounce across the room then roll out the door. With a small gasp he shut the top and quickly ran after it.



After chasing it halfway down the hall he heard the front door open. He unconsciously stuck the bead in his pocket with the flowers and walked to the kitchen to find his grandmother coming in.



She set down her small bag (purse thingy) on the counter and turned around to shut the door when he came into the kitchen.



“…Hi grandma…” he said when she turned back around.



“Oh…Kouichi I didn't think you where home yet.” she smiled.



“How was school?” she asked as she picked up her bag and started walking over to sit on one of the kitchen chairs.



“…Good…” he smiled (1)



“That's really nice to hear”



Kouichi smiled even more. Then he remembered something…



“Grandma…?”



“Yes?”



“I…wanted to…where's mom?”



She sighed.



“She's still at work. She told me she'd probably be late again.”



Kouichi's face fell.



“Oh…I was hoping I'd be able to see her today…”



But then he smiled again, fiddling with something in his pocket for a minute. What came out were the few wild flowers he'd been holding earlier.



“Here grandma these are for you,” he said as he held them out in his hand to her with a small giggle.



“ Huh…? Why thank you Kouichi…” She took them and gave him a soft smile.



He laughed a little more as she took one out of the ribbon and set it in her hair.



“Now where did you find these?” she asked.



“ I…I…was walking home and Jinie…let me take them home for you and mom…”



An understanding look crossed over her face. Then she smiled again.



Jinie was a very nice person, always caring and did so much for them. She owned a shop a few miles away…it was a small shop but she did her best to make it a nice place to be.



Almost everything there was made or grown by her hands and for a shop it's size it got a lot of costumers. It could have been that she was just one of those people that gave off a lasting comfort or that she could fix almost anything with all the strange odds and ends she had. But whatever it was she was always smiling and people loved being around her.



It was no surprise that Kouichi would happen to pass by there…it was of course on his way home from school.



Kouichi sighed.



She looked down at him.



“ Kouichi? What's wrong?”



The smile on her face faded as he looked at the ground sadly.



“Today she didn't seem so happy…she looked kind of… sad…”



`She what? That's unusual.'

She looked back down at Kouichi who now seemed very worried.



“Kouichi…”



He looked back up at her as she set the flowers on the table and put her hands on his shoulders.



“I'm sure it's nothing…she'll be fine by tomorrow” she offered him a small, comforting smile.



“Okay?”



“…Okay…” he mumbled reluctantly.



“Now…why don't we find a good place to put these flowers…?”



Kouichi brushed of the sad thought of how Jinie had looked earlier that day. He decided his grandma was probably right.



“I'll get a glass to put them in,” he offered, grabbing a chair and dragging it over to the counter. (2)



“Alright.” She said and picked the flowers up again.



She watched as Kouichi carefully climbed the chair, opened a cupboard and took a clear cup off its small hook.



As he climbed back down the chair and went over to the sink to fill the cup with water she started to take the flowers out of the ribbon one by one, setting them on the table getting them ready to be put in the cup.



When she started to pull about the fifth one out something fell and landed on the table. She looked at it and blinked a moment. Then she set the remaining two flowers on the table and picked it up.



It was a…bead.



Kouichi had finished filling the cup and took it along with the chair back to the table. He pushed the chair back in its place…then he noticed his grandma was holding something in her hand, staring at it.



He almost dropped the glass, his mind started to race with panic. He quickly put it on the table `Oh no the bead!'



He stuck his hand in his pocked, reaching around for the bead he put in it earlier.

After not finding it he looked back up to find her looking at him with a confused air.



“Kouichi…where did you find this?” she asked him, surprise in her voice.



“I…I…”



“Yes?”



“I…I…found it…” He couldn't…he knew he wasn't supposed to go through things in his mothers room.



“Kouichi where did you find this bead?” She asked seriously.



He looked at the ground again…after a moment he murmured…



“I…found it in mom's room…”



She instantly got up and almost ran down the tiny hallway to said room. He stood there for a moment looking at the spot she was just at then the route she took. He then quickly ran after her trying to find the words to apologize. He couldn't think of a way. All he could do was hope she wouldn't be too mad at him.



When he came into the room she had the box in her hands opened and playing its sweet tune. As she looked at it she gave a relieved sigh.



Kouichi walked up to her worried of what she'd say…if she'd say anything to him at all.



“G-grandma I'm sorry” he managed to get the words out.



She looked down at him. Then put the bead in, shut the top, put it on a shelf in the closet and slid the door shut.



“I-I really am… don't be mad at me…I know I wasn't supposed to…but I just…just…” he was in tears, his small form shaking slightly with the sobs. He tried to wipe away the tears but he was sure she was mad at him…and why not going through something obviously so important. He knew she was going to yell at him…he hated making them unhappy.



But to his surprise she crossed over and hugged him. He looked up at her with tear stricken eyes.



“Shh…Its alright. Kouichi…I'm not mad at you…I'm just glad you didn't lose anything.”



She paused for a minute, leaning back and wiping off the water on his cheeks.



“ You are right you shouldn't have gone through her things…But I understand…It's something that's really important to her…she doesn't want to lose…Just promise that you won't open that box again…Okay”



“I won't…” He sniffed.



“Good.”



He wiped his eyes.



“But grandma…what is it?”



Her eyes softened and there was a hint of sadness in her voice



“It's something someone gave to her a long time ago…”



“Who…?”



“Y-Your fathe…no one…all you need to know is that she loves it.”



He looked like he wanted to ask more but at that moment the phone rang.



`…'



The ring turned into a loud beeping sound.



Kouichi was half awake when he once again found himself looking up at the white ceiling.



`…I…remember that…' he thought sadly.



Kouichi looked over to his alarm clock sitting on the small bedside table. Six thirty… it was time to get up for school…





Tomoko Kimura (his mom…right? Yes I think so…) sat at the table staring down at her empty cup of tea. She was thinking about the previous night…after all that happened. What was she going to say to Kouichi?



She didn't want to talk about it to tell the truth. It had taken him hours to get back to sleep. And when she went back to his room later that night to check on him he was tossing and mumbling things in his sleep. She was going to wake him up but he stopped right before she was able to.



She didn't think he remembered all that happened that day…at least she didn't think so. He looked confused in a way…last night and he couldn't finish what he was saying. Of course she couldn't blame him; it was so terrible and he was only seven at the time.



What she thought last night must have been correct he either didn't remember or he just tried not to. All she could do was hope that it was the first and that he couldn't remember some of the things that had happened…or at least probably happened.



It was needless to say that they didn't find the one who started the `incident' as she liked to think about it. The reason for that was because Kouichi couldn't remember what happened when he was questioned. The doctors said it was probably from the shock.



She was also hoping through the years he'd forget but…to her dismay he might remember more of that terrible day as time went on.

(Sorry about that long thingy…I just thought I'd elaborate on emotions, feelings and that sort of thing...anyway…proceeding…)



She was brought out of her thoughts…



“Mom…”



She looked up to see Kouichi standing there almost just like the night before except this time he looked a lot sadder.



“Kouichi…I didn't hear you come in…” she passed a fake smile.



“Mom…I wanted to talk to you about last night…”



She stood up, picked up her cup and put it in the sink.



“There's really nothing to talk about…I don't want either of us to worry okay…. I didn't mean to yell at you…” she said with her back turned to him. She couldn't stand seeing him sad.



“But mom I…re-“



“No Kouichi I really don't want to talk about it…and I don't want you thinking about it alright…” she squinted her eyes shut for a moment as she said that. She didn't want to make things worse…



“But…”



She turned back around to face him and gave him a warning look.



Silence…



“Alright…” he sighed.



Kouichi stared in space… and she stood there just looking at him.



He knew she cared that's why she didn't want to talk about it but...was she hiding something? No of course not…like she said she didn't want him to think about it.



She really didn't like to do things like this but she didn't want him to think about it or…or.



“So…neither of us are going to worry…okay? Just promise you'll be careful…”



“…I will…”



She slightly smiled when he did. But then she looked at the clock…



“Oh dear…Kouichi it's time for us both to go.”



He looked at the clock.



”Your right…I must have taken longer then I thought.”



“Alright I'll see you after work have a great day…are you sure you have everything?” She asked as he picked up his bag lying next to the door.



“Oh…I almost forgot something…” he said then ran down the hallway to his room.



When he came back he had his hat in his hand. She laughed a little.



“You better get going or the guys will leave without you,” she warned him as he was putting on his shoes. Somehow all six of them got into the same school and met every morning to walk to school together.



“Yeah… I'll see you later mom.” He gave he a quick kiss and left. But right before she shut the door he turned back.



“But mom I really am sorry”



Then in a quieter voice…



“About everything I did…” Then he ran off.



She stood there dumbstruck. Then with a loud sigh closed the door.







OK! So there's my short chappie. ^_^



Sorry folks but I'm not kidding when I say this…if I was to keep the two chapters together it would be longer then twenty pages and well…. Yeah I'm sure you don't want to read that much at once.



Any who…I thank the people who reviewed so much



Irean:: jumping up and down:: Oh, Oh let me answer them please!



XD: NO!! You'll just screw around! Now go watch reruns or something



Irean: fine… ::walks away grumbling things about surfing on a pizza::



XD: oO' Er…k… --; sorry new muse…any who here are the review responses…er…response…



SailorInyashaMon: first off sorry if I spelled that wrong SIM I'm not currently looking at anything with your name on it. -sigh- anyway thanks so, so much for reviewing and I hope you liked this chapter to I know it's not Yaoi but, thanks for sticking' with me anyway. ^_~ talk to ya laterz! Til then!

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Sailor_InuyashaMon on November 16, 2005, 1:14:27 AM

Sailor_InuyashaMon on
Sailor_InuyashaMonMish mesh! (Don't ask. T_T;;) Awesoem chappie, can't wait to hear more...

& wish more people could at least READ the fanfic! T_T;;

Anyways, till then, chao!