Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Funerals and a Promise

Anyway, here''s a story that''s based on my Bleach Forum. It starts out with Yuri, Who is Captain of Squad Three, watching her mentor being buried next to his wife. It was just his sister, Shukumei, and his daughter, Shizune left.

Chapter 2 - Funerals and a Promise

Chapter 2 - Funerals and a Promise
It was a sad day for all Shingami for today was the funeral for the countless Shinigami who had lost their lives against the Shinigami hunters. Against their better judgment, little Shizune was allowed to come as well. It was a heart wrenching sight to see. She was calling out for her mother and father. There was nothing that could be done to help her. Yuri just kneeled down to her, hugging onto her as a means of consolation.

“I know it’s sad, but you must be strong, Shizune. For both your mother and father will be watching over you.”
It seemed to of worked as she didn’t hear any crying. Out of everyone here, this had to be the hardest on her. Things were winding down after the bodies were buried. Everyone said their prayers to fallen comrades and loves, walking away. Only Shizune, Yuri, and Shukumei remained. They stood close to the Onigata graves, looking to them.

“This...Is some prank, right? Mommy and Daddy are gonna wake up any minute! They’re gonna be mad that they’re in the ground!”

Oh, how much they wished it was just a prank. Sadly, this was reality and there was no way that they could be brought back. All they can do now is live for them and make sure that no one else dies by the hands of the Shinigami hunters. Shukumei stepped behind Shizune, kneeling down to rest her hands on the little one’s shoulders.

“We wish it was, Shizune, but it’s not. This is something that you can only understand when you’re older. For now, it’s time to return home and rest. Your first day at the Academy begins tomorrow.”

Reluctantly, Shizune followed Shukumei back to Squad headquarters after waving bye to Yuri who has stayed behind. She looks down to the graves, just staring. What could she say? There was so much that she wanted to in her mind, but it was like they wouldn’t come out. So, she just decided to speak whatever came to mind.

“Maybe you two can find each other on the other side. It wouldn’t surprise me if you did. Please, don’t worry about Shukumei or Shizune. I promise on my life as a Shinigami that I will protect them no matter what. I will make sure they have the bright future that they deserve. I will pass on both your teachings to her, that’s for certain. She’ll make you both proud.”

As if with a heavy heart, Yuri left the graveyard to head to her own headquarters to attempt to put this dreadful day behind her.




Author's note: This made me think of the scene from FullMetal Alchemist where Mayes (I'm sure I spelled that wrong) was being buried and his little girl was asking her mother why her daddy wasn't waking up. That still makes me cry ;_;. Anyway, I know my grammar can be awful at times, but if you see anything that needs correcting, just add a comment. Be sure to say it in a nice way!

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment