Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - More Heartbreak

Anyway, here''s a story that''s based on my Bleach Forum. It starts out with Yuri, Who is Captain of Squad Three, watching her mentor being buried next to his wife. It was just his sister, Shukumei, and his daughter, Shizune left.

Chapter 3 - More Heartbreak

Chapter 3 - More Heartbreak
Over the course of seven months, Soul Society was returning to normal. Now, they are doubling their patrols, even having some Shinigami step into the different sections of Rukongai to make sure that there were no Hunters hiding in plain sight. Shizune was making great progress through the Academy despite her age. Others in her class were quite amazed on how talented the small girl was and would often help her. Yuri kept up with how she was doing by talking to Shukumei and even the instructor now and then. Today was one of those days where she was going to see the progress of Yuri until a hell butterfly caught her attention. Holding out a finger for it to land on, she listened to the message it had to convey.

“An emergency Captain’s meeting is to be held within a few minutes. Captains, please report as soon as possible.”

Yuri quickly hurried to the meeting room, nodding to Shukumei slightly before stepping into the room and taking her place amongst the other captains.

“There has been a recent outbreak of Hollows within different sections of Kurakara Town. I need a few of you to go investigate and see what is causing them to appear so rapidly.”

Those who were selected to go did just that. Yuri was one of those who had to go. Shukumei had wanted to go, but Yuri had talked her out of it since someone needed to watch over Shizune. Yuri went along with the others, stepping through the gate in the world of living, splitting off from the other captains. Going up to higher grounds, Yuri flash stepped onto the top of a telephone poll, standing there to look out to the town. She was trying to make sense of why there would be a sudden increase of Hollows. Usually it had something to do with humans having strong spiritual pressure or just the fact that they were hungry. Even so, there wouldn’t be so many that would catch even the Captain-Commander’s attention.

Something wasn’t right to her. It was like she had a gut feeling that something wasn't right. When she was flash stepping over the town, she saw a familiar person fighting Hollows. He was getting cornered by the swarming Hollows with no way out. Yuri dropped down, cutting her way through the Hollows, ending up in front of the young man who was glad to see her.

“About time you showed up. I was starting to think you were going to leave me with the dirty work.”

She chuckled, both of them walking out of the small space. When he noticed her mannerisms and the way she just looked, he had to know if she was alright. He grabbed her hand to stop her from walking. It caught her attention, causing her to look to him. She could see how worried he was for her.

“A lot has happened, Ronin. A recent outbreak of a group called Shinigami Hunters have been killing Shinigami left and right. They even managed to kill Ryouji and Azumi. I will have to explain it later when we have more time. Right now, we have to dispatch all these Hollows before they manage to get to the humans.”

It made her feel horrible that the first time in a long time since she’s seen Ronin that it had to be because of a threat. He seemed to of understand as he tagged along with her in her search to find out the main problem. As they got further into town, the number of Hollows had increased. Both Ronin and Yuri were fighting their way through before it got too much. They were soon separated and beaten by the group only due to the sheer amount of number. No matter how hard they tried, the two were kept on the ground. Laughter soon echoed through the area. It was enough to send chills down their spines.

“Not only do I get a Shinigami, but a human as well! I feel so lucky!”

Wasn’t he in his Shinigami form? Why on earth was he fighting as a human? Then again, he made it seem like he really didn’t have a choice. She had to get free in order to save both herself and him. The figure then stepped forward into the light of a lamp post, revealing to be an Arrancar.

“Surprised? Thought it was just another Hollow, huh? Well, you’re wrong! I figured a “swarm” of Hollows would gain the attention of Shinigami and I was right! You see, the Hollows that are holding you down are part of me. I can turn part of myself into a hollow and spread myself far and wide. Now that I have my tasty morsels here, let us begin the main course!”

If Yuri didn’t do something quick, they were going to be done for. She wasn’t going to let some low class Arrancar kill her or Ronin. With a surge of Spiritual Pressure, Yuri caused the Hollows on her to more or less fly off of her, allowing her to stand up. She unsheathed her Zanpaktou and started on the task of freeing Ronin. Of course, The Arrancar took advantage of her back being turned to him, firing a cero in response. A scream filled the air as it struck Yuri, causing her to fall down.

“Yuri!”

It seemed to of done full damage as it was hard for her to even stand due to the pain. She had to force herself up on her feet. She was starting to get pissed mighty fast. It was acting like a coward. Gritting her teeth, she turned toward the Arrancar.

“Ronin, can you handle the Hollows yourself?”

When she turned her head to him, he gave her a nod. She smiled somewhat before turning her attention to her opponent. She was going to make him ever regret that he chose them as his opponents. She flash stepped toward him, swinging her Zanpaktou down at him. He was hit, being pushed back. Yuri led a furious onslaught against him and was winning. When he was pushed back again, he just started to laugh.

“Mighty confident aren’t we, Shinigami? I bet you’re thinking I’m just a weak one. As of right now, that’s true? However, what if I were to call back my Hollows?”

True to his word, he called back the Hollows that he created. They were starting to merge back into him and as a result, his reiatsu was increasing dramatically. How could he of had that much power to begin with? Then, it started to make sense.

“Finally, you realized that you are no match for me. Accept your fate and die!”

As the fight resumed, Yuri and the Arrancar seemed to be on even grounds. With each blow, the sound was echoed through the air. Both skidded from each other. The Arrancar seemed impressed that a Shinigami was able to keep up with him. Feeling like the battle needed to end; Yuri activated her Shikai, holding her weapon ready. The Arrancar just smirked, activating his Resurrección. When the two fought, Yuri was beginning to get overpowered due to exhaustion. When she skidded back, she was panting.

“What’s the matter, Shinigami? You can’t be tired already. Maybe you need more inspiration to fight!”

With the use of Sonido, he made his way to the unsuspecting Ronin and was more or less making easy work out of him. Yuri Quickly closed the distance between her and the Arrancar, striking his back hard to get his attention. As he turned, He brought his weapon along with him, the blade hitting Yuri hard enough in the head to cause a big gash and causing her to fall down. Seeing her struggling to get up from the disorienting blow, he showed that he was able to make Hollows even in his current form. The Hollow then grabbed onto Ronin, holding onto him tightly as if it was ready to tear him apart literally.

“Tell me, Shinigami. What’s more important? Killing me or protecting your friend over there?”

When Yuri looked over to Ronin, she could see the pain he was in. If she were to continue, he would be killed. She had no other choice but to stop fighting. Ronin, who could see her debating whether to continue or not, had to talk some sense into her.

“Yuri, don’t…listen to him! He’s...going to kill me anyway! Please! Fight!”
Seeing how troubled she was, the Arrancar went up close to her, knocking her onto the ground. As she fell, she lost grip of her Zanpaktou. As she tried to reach for it, it was kicked out of her reach. She was then lifted up off the ground and up into the air. Now was her time to be ruthlessly beaten as he was. Blow after blow, Yuri took them all. She was at the point of passing out, but was dropped onto the ground. The Hollow lets go of Ronin. His freedom was shortly lived as he was held onto again by the Arrancar this time. The roles were now switched. Yuri was made to look at Ronin who was struggling for his life.

Why...

Why...Aren’t the others here?

They should have been here by now...


“Your friend was right. You should have killed me when you had the chance. Now, watch as your friend dies before your eyes!”

All Yuri could do was just watch in terror and hopelessness as Ronin was being slaughtered by the arrancar. When he was bloodied enough, she heard a loud scream as a Cero was forced through his chest. Her eyes had widened as she saw him drop down onto the ground. In a fit of rage, she freed herself from the hollow’s grasp and made it over to Ronin. She lifted his head up, looking down to him.

“I was such a fool… I should have done what you said....”

Her eyes were filled with water as she was about to cry. Then, she felt him place a hand on her cheek, giving a light smile.

“You...Did what you thought...Was right... I’m not mad...”

She had to get him to stop talking. He was wasting too much strength. She had to get him away from here before he died. When she went to lift him up, he stopped her. She looked to him, confused.

“If you don’t stop him... Many more will follow... Please... Stop him.”

All she could do was nod. His eyes slowly closed and she felt his body go limp. This couldn’t be happening. The one she had given her heart to have now passed away in her own arms by her own foolish mistake. She set him gently down on the ground. Now, it was personal. She walked over to her Zanpaktou, picking it up.

“How does it feel to lose someone you love, Shinigami? Are you mad? You should be! It was because of you he died!”

She gritted her teeth as she listened to him speak. Now he thinks he can rub it in. Well, she wasn’t going to allow it. She turns to face him.

“…BANKAI!”

Her main weapon had dissolved; two flower-like hair bands had appeared in her hair. As if that wasn’t enough, she lifted her hand over her face. As she pulled her hand down, her Hollow mask had formed. It was something that caught the Arrancar off guard.

“You....will…die by my hands and my hands alone!”

Another lengthy fight took place and this time, Yuri doesn’t hold back. There was nothing the Arrancar could do in order to defend himself. When it was obvious he was going to die, he begins to plead for his life. Yuri just stares at him, finishing him off without considering.

“...I have no mercy for the likes of you.”

When she turned back to Ronin, she could see his spirit. She goes up to him, trying to say what’s on her mind. She just couldn’t. He then spoke up for her.

“I told you, I’m not mad. You did what you thought was right. You know what you have to do now. You have to send me to Soul Society.”

If she were to do that, he would forget about everything. His friends, his memories… Everything. At first, she refused to. She couldn’t bring herself to do it. It seemed so unfair. The more she thought about it, the more she realized she had to do it. If she didn’t, there would be a chance he could become a Hollow. As she transformed her bankai back into its sealed form, she looks to him.

“Even if you were to forget me, do you think we’ll find each other again?”

It seemed like a stupid question, but she had to ask anyway. He gave her a nod, giving his trademark smirk.

“You’re not getting rid of me that easily. Of course, we’ll meet again. I may forget who you are in my mind, but in my heart is a different story.”

She smiled a little as she brought the end of her hilt up in the air. She said her goodbyes, pressing the end on his forehead to perform the soul burial. As his spirit changed to a butterfly and made its way to Soul Society, Yuri sheathed her sword and just collapsed onto the ground next to Ronin’s body. She slowly looks over to him, smiling lightly as she slowly reached for his hand.

“I’m sorry…I couldn’t protect you…but I promise…I’ll do better…the next time around....”

She managed to hold onto his hand, chuckling to herself a little. All the times they spent together had flashed in her mind. Not only that, but everything she had ever experienced. Was this the expression humans say? That their life flashed before their eyes? It had to of been. Does that mean she was dying?

I’m sorry Ronin... I guess we won’t meet each other after all.... It was nice… to of met you… Known you… Eventually…Grown to love you… Maybe we can meet again someday…

Everything went black for Yuri as she faded into unconsciousness. By now, the other Captains had finally made it close to where they were at, seeming irritable about something.

“Damn those Hollows for luring us away from the main action! Now I feel like a complete fool! Wait a minute… Something doesn’t seem right. Captain Yuri should be around here somewhere and I’m having a hard time picking up her Reiatsu.”

This was causing somewhat of a concern to the others who had tagged along. It wasn't before long that they found her, still holding onto Ronin’s hand. They slowly surrounded them, feeling sad for them. It was well known that the two were in love though some didn’t agree on it since it was a taboo for some. However, when one felt for a pulse on Yuri, they were able to get one.

“She’s barely alive. We have to get her back to Soul society. But the human…”

It became apparent to them that since the soul were nowhere to be seen; it had to be assumed that Yuri had sent him. Right now, they couldn’t afford to lose a captain. A quick return was made while the ones that were still in down helped make a grade for the fallen human. Now was a time of rest.


Author's Note: I figure I would need to explain Yuri's Shikai and Bankai. Her Shikai has her Zanpaktou transform into a Swallow with Stone blades. Best thing I can give as a visual is to look up Serge's weapons and take a look at his different Swallow Weapons. It has one ability and one sub-command similar to Tousen's Zanpaktou. At Yuri's will, the Zanpaktou, Mujitsuhana, will give off a very sweet smell that will cause those with weak reiatsu to fall asleep. If it's used against those with higher amounts, all it does is throw off their sense of smell. The sub-command other than the original release (Bloom Nobly, Mujitsuhana) is Wilt, Mujitsuhana. It then transforms into something similar to well... I guess you can call them dance ribbons. As for her Bankai, Kensei no Mujitsuhana, the Swallow disappears and two flowers appear on the sides of Yuri's head and look similar to hairpins. Since she has no weapons, she uses Hakuda (hand-to-hand combat). The flowers, in a way, helps with Yuri's manipulation of plants and earth. They tend to wilt if she's low on Reiatsu.

I tried to make her have a mastery over something that hasn't been seen lately unless you count the Amagai arc as Canon. She has the ability to manipulate Earth and Plants. Haha, long chapter and note this time around. Enjoy!

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment