Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Calm Before the Storm

Anyway, here''s a story that''s based on my Bleach Forum. It starts out with Yuri, Who is Captain of Squad Three, watching her mentor being buried next to his wife. It was just his sister, Shukumei, and his daughter, Shizune left.

Chapter 5 - Calm Before the Storm

Chapter 5 - Calm Before the Storm
As time began to pass, the threat of the Shinigami hunters became an all-time high. Many more Shinigami were starting to disappear. Everyone was beginning to live in fear. It was hard to keep everyone calm. Once fear has taken hold of the hearts of men, it is often hard to get rid of it. The only way to get rid of the cause is to get rid of the source which would prove to be a difficult task in and of itself. For a while, no signs of any trouble were noticeable. It was as if the main threat had vanished. Everyone knew that it was a matter of time before they made themselves known. While being ready, the Shinigami were also enjoying the peace that was given to them. Yuri, Shukumei, and Shizune were out in the open area of the 3rd Squad headquarters. Yuri had prepared a picnic of sorts. While the little one played around. The two adults were talking amongst themselves.

“Today is a nice day, isn’t it, Yuri?”

“So it is. Rarely do we have the time to joy the simple things. It fills me with great joy to see Shizune playing as a child should be.”

“Indeed it is. How is she adjusting to living with you?”

“Quite well, it seems. She’s so energetic and happy. I want her to stay like that. I know it sounds strange, but she’s become like a daughter to me.”

“It’s to be expected. I’m sorry for putting this on you. I feel as if it’s been a burden. I know it has to be hard on you too since she’s so much like them.”

It was true. It can be hard to look at Shizune and feel saddened by her likeness to her mother and father. Still, Yuri loved her regardless. As long as Shizune was safe from all harm, that’s all that Yuri would want. Yuri could only smile as she watches the little one from the corner of her eye.

“It’s no such thing. I wanted to help you, Shukumei and that is what I’m doing. You want the same thing I do: Her safety. I hate what has happened, but I will be strong for her sake.”

“How do you do it? How can you not reflect on everything that has happened?”

“I do reflect on it. What has happened has been etched into my very being.”

Before she could say more, Shizune comes up to them, seeming exhausted from her playing. Yuri smiles slightly, handing the child some food. Shizune smiles widely, beginning to eat up. It was hard to not think about all that has happened. Their once, peaceful lives has been shattered. Then again, Shinigami are to live with the fact that sooner or later, they will die. They’re supposed to not fear death, but it doesn’t mean they’re not scared at all.

“Miss Lady Yuri, I’m kinda sleepy… Is it alright if I go take a nap?”

“Yes, of course. Jiro should still be inside. He’ll help you out. Give us a hug before you do go though.”

Shizune gave a hug to Yuri and her Auntie before going inside to look for Jiro. Yuri looked to Shukumei and was ready to continue their conversation. They talked for a long time, laughing and just well, enjoying the company of each other. Soon, the time had come for Shukumei to return back to her headquarters. The two waves to each other and Shukumei soon departs.

“Today was nice. I have a feeling… Times like this will soon be nonexistent…”


Author's Note: A short, pleasant chapter. It can't be all dreadful and dull. However, the next chapter is going to be a mixture of things.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment