Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - On the Road to Change the Past

Anyway, here''s a story that''s based on my Bleach Forum. It starts out with Yuri, Who is Captain of Squad Three, watching her mentor being buried next to his wife. It was just his sister, Shukumei, and his daughter, Shizune left.

Chapter 7 - On the Road to Change the Past

Chapter 7 - On the Road to Change the Past
Time began to progress. Many things were gained and many were lost. One such thing was the loss of Shukumei Onigata. The whole situation left a bad taste in everyone’s mouth. These Shinigami hunters were slowly cutting their numbers down. What were they going to do? Even so, a few good things have happened. Shizune has grown to be a beautiful young woman. Not only that, she has worked her way up to being the captain of Squad Nine. It was safe to say that Yuri was very proud of her student. With the hunters making their selves well known, she didn’t want Megumi playing outside of the squad headquarters. Hell, that wasn’t probably safe either. How are they to know that the hunters weren’t undercover or something?

Today was a captain’s meeting to discuss any plans of actions that could be done in order to get rid of the hunters. As the captains were about to head over to the meeting hall, several hell butterflies could be seen flying around. Finding it odd, Yuri allowed one of them to land on her index finger, listening to the message. After it was relayed, Yuri turned to the other captains.

“The Shinigami Hunters are on the move. The Commander-general wants us to split up into groups to either capture or kill them. You know, whichever comes first. Shizune, come with me. The other squad members will be notified. We have to head out.”

So they did just that. As Shizune went with Yuri, others had split off to head to different sections of Soul Society. When Yuri and Shizune got to their destination, it was a shock to them to see that their opponent was alone and the very man who was responsible for Shizune’s parents and aunt’s death.

“Why, welcome Captains Nakayama and Onigata. It’s been quite some time.”
It seemed like he was trying to goad them into fighting him. He must be feeling rather confident to be going about Soul Society slaying Shinigami all on his own. They can’t take the chance of being lured in. As back up came, they were ordered to go in but were easily dispatched by the man who has earned the nickname ‘The Hand of Death’.

“How kind of you to send them to their deaths, but worry not. You two will be joining them and the loved ones you care so much for!”

Shizune wanted to go against him for saying such a thing, but her fear was holding her back. This fear was noticed by Zetsumei, and he just chuckles. He takes a few steps towards her with Shizune staying in place. She wanted to move, but her body just wouldn’t move.

“What’s the matter, Captain Onigata? Scared? Don’t worry; you won’t be feeling that or anything else in a few minutes!”

He then closes in the distance with his weapon unsheathed, raised in the air to strike her down. Yuri flash steps between the two, holding up her arm up in the way. Luckily, she had enough time to store up Reiatsu in the area where the sword would strike, the skin not being cut. Zetsumei then jumps back, allowing Yuri to unsheathe her Zanpaktou .

“Your opponent is me, Zetsumei!”

So, the two warriors began to fight with all of their strength. All Shizune could do was just stare at the battle. She felt horrible that she wasn’t being any help at all. All that could be heard was the sound of steel clashing and objects being destroyed. Both were truly trying to survive the other. Though growing tired of how long it was taking, Yuri had formed her Hollow mask. When Zetsumei had noticed, he just chuckled and the battle continued.

"Carriage of Thunder. Bridge of a spinning wheel. With light, divide this into six! Bakido number 61: Rikujōkōrō!"

Six thin beams of light more or less insert themselves into his midsection, binding him. Though for now he was bound, she couldn't count him out just yet. Then again, it could play all to her advantage. After all, he's so proud that he can kill any kind of Shinigami. It was going to be risky, but she was going to have to allow harm to happen to herself in such a way where it doesn't seem too suspicious.

"How does it feel to be caught by the very people who you swear to destroy? You had your chance to come in peacefully."



Although he was bound, he wasn’t all that worried. The captain had gotten a bit cocky and it had become apparent to him. Now she was where right where he wanted her. He lowered his head as she touched his shoulder with her pointer finger to perform another kido: Byakurai. With Captain Nakayama being so close to him, this provided him with an opportunity in which he can turn the tide in his favor.

"Shinigami and their overconfidence never cease to amaze me. Such arrogance, you are more like him than anyone could have possibly imagined. It’s quite clear that you are his pupil. Tell me; are you so blind that you didn't notice?"

Yuri's expression changed slightly, more or less from being confused from the point he was attempting to make. Zetsumei closed his eyes slowly and exhaled. White smoke once again escaped from the tiny holes in the face guard he was wearing. Zetsumei appeared out of a flash step and gripped the arm in which Yuri was pointing with his left hand. The moment his fingers wrapped around her forearm, blood was thrown into the air from a blinding slash with his weapon. He released her forearm and flashed stepped. Once he appeared again, he had created a little distance between himself and the wounded captain.

"I assume it's not foolish of me to assume that you did not notice. The incantation was quite long. From the moment you finished speaking, your fate had been sealed."

Yuri dropped her Zanpaktou from the pain, holding her forearm. She had lost any advantage she had over him and realized that she had just gotten herself into well, a rock and a hard place. Regardless, she knew she had to keep going. If she were to stop, she would risk the chance of losing her life. As she lifted her good arm, she was trying to perform another kido on him. Something was strange though. She wasn’t collecting the Reishi that she needed.
Taking advantage of her confusion, Zetsumei flash stepped behind Yuri, slashing her arm, making the first part of his insignia. Yuri was about to attempt to get up, but this was quickly noticed. Zetsumei grabbed a handful of her hair, forcing her to stay in place. All she could do was slowly glance back and prepare for the worse.

"It is customary for me to allow you one final request. However I grow tired of dealing with you. I will bend the rules and do away with you. It does not matter, what your final request or statement is. You will be joining the mentors you care so much for."

Seeing her mentor in the position she was in, Shizune had to put her fear aside. She flash steps toward the two, slashing down at Zetsumei. Seeing this attack, he retaliates by flash stepping away from his current target, knowing that Shizune would follow. As she does, he flash steps in front of her, causing her stop in her tracks.

She pulled herself together and flash stepped backwards, giving herself a little breathing room. Once she reappeared, Shizune raised her right arm slightly and covered the left side of her face. Her fingers were bent at the knuckle. She hoped that she wouldn't have to go this far, but there was no choice. If she wanted to stay ahead of him, she needed to bring this fight to an entirely new level.

She tried to pull in the reishi, to condense it and form the mask, but there was nothing. All that she could do was listen, as she heard a rather menacing chuckle before her eyes widened as she was staring at her own blood that exploded from her chest. She dropped down on to her knees before hunching over as blood dripped from the wound and fell to the ground beneath her. She covered the gash with her left hand to try and stop the bleeding, but the wound was too large in length. He was able to keep her from forming her mask and Yuri from performing kido.

"Damn...you!!!"


Yuri’s eyes widened from seeing Shizune getting injured. It made her flash back to the time where she had to watch Ronin being killed in front of her. She wasn’t going to let that happen again. Forcing herself on her feet, she flash steps behind him, moving her arms under his, eventually getting a good grip, trying to prevent him from breaking free. She could feel him trying to escape. She could feel her strength draining, but she had to do what she can to save Shizune. As her grip weakened, she saw him get one arm free, elbowing her in the ribs. The blow made her let go and stagger back. Now that she had his attention, all she had to do was try to survive for a couple of minutes and everything should work accordingly. He just chuckles as he turns to her. She was stalling and he knew it. It didn’t matter either way. By the end of the day, she and the last Onigata would be dead. Now he was being the overconfident one.

It looked like her stalling for time did work. She could feel the Reishi she had been trying to gather travel down to her hand. It seemed kind of ironic for him to call Shinigami arrogant when he himself was. Since the battle was drawing to a close, she might as well mock him.

"My, such confident words. You said that Shinigami were arrogant, correct? So,
tell me this. If Shinigami are arrogant, and you are as well, wouldn't that make you something you loathe and despise?"

Now, she lifted her arm, drawing a perfect Triangle in the air. The path she made was marked by a yellow triangle with 'fang' like objects at each tip. The fang like objects soon launched from the triangle's points, two landing in each shoulder and one in his midsection to make a perfect triangle. the binding Kido forced him against a building, holding him in place. Yuri carefully walked up to him, seeming very exhausted.

"Bakudo Number 30.. shoototsu Sansen. Zetsumei.. Otherwise known as the Hand of Death.. You are hereby under arrest for your crimes against Soul Society. Your own overconfidence and arrogance was your downfall."

Finally, the battle was over and the man responsible for so many deaths has been captured. Those who sensed the battle made their way over to the two captains. They seemed surprised that one of the most notorious hunters has been caught finally. Those injured were carried to squad four headquarters while Zetsumei was escorted off to be prepared for execution. When it was time for Zetsumei to be executed, he managed to break free. Of course, the captains were hot on his heels to recapture him. After he more or less vanished from sight, the captains met up to see if the others had seen him. It wasn’t too long before Mayuri made his presence known. Go figure someone like him staying out of the way. One of the captains looked over to him.

“Where have you been? All captains were instructed to attend the execution.”

“Such things don’t matter to me. Besides, I was working on an important project.”

“What kind of project?”

Mayuri went through the explanation. Everyone just stared blankly at him. How could he spend time doing something that involved time travel? One would think that something that risky would have to be shut down.

“Why would you do something like that?”

“There’s no point explaining it to people who don’t understand. My only regret is that that damned hunter you’re making such a big fuss over used it before I had a chance to.”

“What?!”

“I had everything ready to test to see if it would work when he came running in. He pressed the button and just disappeared.”

“Where is he?”

“I would say…150 years in the past.”

That seemed to catch Yuri’s attention. That would be around the time Azumi was getting close to giving birth to Shizune. Everyone would still be alive in that time. Perhaps this was a blessing in disguise. While the others talked amongst themselves, Yuri Flash steps to the Commander-General to discuss something with him.

“Sir, it has been discovered that Zetsumei has used a device to travel back in time approximately 150 years into the past. Around that time, the Onigata’s should still be alive and Azumi close to giving birth. If Zetsumei is allowed to run amok in that time period, the damage he does will be devastating. I’m not a scientist or anything, but it shouldn’t take one to understand that if someone isn’t born in the past, they can’t exist in the future. Not only that, we could use this to our advantage by alerting the past know about the Shinigami hunters. At least that way they won’t have to go through what we did.”

“You do have a point. Then we must allow someone to go back to stop Zetsumei and keep the Shinigami Hunters from coming into existence.”

“Then let me go—“

“Absolutely not. If you were to go, there could be dire consequences. Someone who is not known by the Onigata’s must go.”

“Hm… What about Shizune? Sure, the past one is close to being born, but even so, they shouldn’t recognize her.”

“Very well. Have her sent off immediately.”

And so, the task of bringing Zetsumei down and saving the past has begun. Shizune, who has now gone back into the past, has been given the task to either bring back Zetsumei or kill him. It was going to be risky because sooner or later, she was going to run into everyone. It would be revealed sooner or later on who Shizune was and where she came from. It would have to be done. Yuri would have to place her faith on Shizune to complete her mission. Not only that, she has a chance to bond with the parents she never had the chance of knowing. Yuri knew she would be safe. Her parents, her friends, and her younger self would be there for her. All she had to do was wait for her to return.

Author's Note: There you have it. The last Chapter. The color editing thing was a pain in the arse to do xD. It turned out pretty nicely though. So, I hope you enjoyed this little tale. I'll probably start uploading what I have of the prequel when I feel like it.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment